E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No more seat belt sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

This debate is so old and useless, bc no matter what, people will do what they want. Period. Some states don't require a helmet when on a motorcycle, we all know it's safer to wear one, but those who decide not to wear one, it's their head not mine.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by mookish
This debate is so old and useless, bc no matter what, people will do what they want. Period. Some states don't require a helmet when on a motorcycle, we all know it's safer to wear one, but those who decide not to wear one, it's their head not mine.
But, but, but what if God-forbid if they have an accident then they will be hurt or die.. lmao.

Some people prefer as little government/ big brother/ nanny device oversight as possible, while others are comfortable having the gov't film their every move when they leave their house. Either way, there are always going to be those who take themselves so seriously they are able to justify preaching on the internet about something as obvious as seat belt use.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
It has been proven by coding the seatbelt chime off, the airbag modules act differently and cannot predict as it should in case of an accident.

Wow. Thats the first time I heard of this. Any links with more info on this?
I wonder why that is. Disabling a audio device would interfere with proper operation of the airbags.

Anyone got a interlock schematic?

Where is the speaker for that chime anyway so I can put some tape over it
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Members

My Ride: Coming soon...

People who don't wear their seatbelts are idiots. Fortunately, the laws of natural selection will limit their ability to reproduce.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by kajin99
People who don't wear their seatbelts are idiots. Fortunately, the laws of natural selection will limit their ability to reproduce.
because EVERYONE that wears a seatbelt lives and EVERYONE that doesnt dies...

people that call people idiots are idiots
Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mookish
because EVERYONE that wears a seatbelt lives and EVERYONE that doesnt dies...

people that call people idiots are idiots
I don't think you understand how natural selection works...and I guess we're both idiots!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Contributors

So you agree that the seat belt dummy chime hinders the process of natural selection?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
So you agree that the seat belt dummy chime hinders the process of natural selection?
Yes, in the same way that hospitals and vaccines hinder the process.

The seatbelt chime is a "second chance" for those who would have proven themselves unfit for survival. If you disable it and ride without a seatbelt, that makes you an idiot.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Contributors

No, because if you are the type of person that chooses to heed the warning of the seatbelt chime, then you have proven yourself fit by adapting to the environment.

Humans have created a world where driving is often unavoidable, and as such, the inherently dangerous activity of driving an automobile is an environmental pressure. How each of us respond to this environmental pressure determines our fitness. If you choose not to wear a seatbelt and to ignore your seatbelt chime, the odds of death in an accident skyrocket. If you then die as a result of not wearing a seatbelt, you have proven yourself unfit...and an idiot.
I'm not seeing how you are connecting the seat belt chime to natural selection. Getting rid of the chime would help weed out (via natural selection) those that are dumb enough to be dependent on a chime to wear their seat belt.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
I'm not seeing how you are connecting the seat belt chime to natural selection. Getting rid of the chime would help weed out (via natural selection) those that are dumb enough to be dependent on a chime to wear their seat belt.

I edited my post to reconsider your question.

We should try to aid those who would kill themselves if left to their own devices. This is why we have hospitals and vaccines.

Quick Reply: No more seat belt sound