E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No more seat belt sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i find it so offensive for someone wanting to stop the seat belt sound or not wearing a seat belt.

if anything i want my seat belt gong louder in my car because its too low. aint nobody going nowhere in my car unless a seat belt is strapped into place. STANDARD!!!!!

don't you ever watch those police programs on television, or human anatomy after a car crash for not wearing a seat belt?

NOT a good look!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

Originally Posted by Percy_991
Rather than brushing this thread under the carpet, I feel that this thread has wider implications and reinforces the notion that as responsible adults we should not sacrifice safety in the pursuit of ill-perceived convenience. Other people should have the choice to read this, and make their own judgment calls as everyone who is reading this has been able to. This thread is not simply a sounding board to have a mumble and groan about a device; 'pcy' - if this is your conclusion you have seriously missed the point and wider context.
:-) I'm not suggesting to brush anything under the carpet.

we all have expressed our opinions. We all gave our feedback. Done.

If you like to add more ... please continue. :-)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

You nannies must have just started driving cars, what did y'all do when you didn't have a chime? I don't need a chime to remind me to wear my seat belt. If I'm just shuffling cars around, or I'm in a parking lot or anything like that, it's annoying. Just like it's annoying when I parallel park and don't shut the car off right away and the parking sensor constantly beeps. There should at least be a button to turn it off like the parking sensors!

I bet some of you need a chime to remind you to tie your shoe laces lol. Safety is YOUR responsibility!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

"Safety is your responsibility"; o the irony!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
i find it so offensive for someone wanting to stop the seat belt sound or not wearing a seat belt.

if anything i want my seat belt gong louder in my car because its too low. aint nobody going nowhere in my car unless a seat belt is strapped into place. STANDARD!!!!!

don't you ever watch those police programs on television, or human anatomy after a car crash for not wearing a seat belt?

NOT a good look!
If nobody is going near your car without putting on their seat belt, why do you need the seat belt chime?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
If nobody is going near your car without putting on their seat belt, why do you need the seat belt chime?

put it this way, i got a particular friend who initiallly puts the belts on, then takes it off, because he hates em........do that in someone elses car not mine..

he even leaves his seat belt plugged in, in his car so he just sits infront off it when he gets in.....

i have no sympathy!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

put it this way, i got a particular friend who initiallly puts the belts on, then takes it off, because he hates em........do that in someone elses car not mine..
+1

It amazes me that some of the posts criticising us members are so plaise about safety. 'Each to their own' I guess is a phrase that comes to mind.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Contributors

he even leaves his seat belt plugged in, in his car so he just sits infront off it when he gets in.....

i have no sympathy!
So because you have one idiot friend, you are cool with having to hear a chime every time you crank the car? btw- if he doesn't respect you enough to wear a seat belt in your car, as you would like him to do, maybe he isn't a very good friend?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Percy_991
+1

It amazes me that some of the posts criticising us members are so plaise about safety. 'Each to their own' I guess is a phrase that comes to mind.
Plaise about safety? I personally don't know anyone who doesn't wear their seat belt, the last thing I want is a dummy chime to remind me of something as obvious as putting on my seat belt.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Plaise about safety? I personally don't know anyone who doesn't wear their seat belt, the last thing I want is a dummy chime to remind me of something as obvious as putting on my seat belt.
Unfortunately, when BMW decided to integrate the sealtbelt chime into their cars, they did not design the system around your exact requirements and who you 'personally know' ProMed. They obviously considered many variables and decided that the chime alert system, (that signals an alert should the sealbelts not be worn during transit), was the best option to go for. In theory, if the driver adheres to basic passenger / own safety by using the seatbelt system then the alert system should not go off all the time; only when required so not causing you an 'inconvenience'. This is part of BMW's duty of care to help safeguard those who travel in their vehicles should the worse happen.

Putting your seatbelt on may be obvious to you ProMed, but unfortunately BMW had to look at a wider demographic than just yourself. A few examples may include, older passengers, children and passengers with physical and learning disabilities. Now as the driver, you should be responsible to make sure everyone has their belt on. However, what if your passenger initially put on their belt, but during the journey released it. It could be a child not knowing better, an passenger pressing the release mechanism by mistake or someone knowingly taking it off. Now, the chime system will alert you to this; this putting information your way to decipher and take the necessary course of action. An audioable alert combined with a visual alert is more likely to get your attention. Would you not rather have this information? I know I would.

ProMed, it may be an idea for you to familiarize yourself with the entire thread before posting un-contextualy. However, if you are familiar with the wider thread then please try to digest this before posting a knee-jerk and frankly, a flat response.

Quick Reply: No more seat belt sound