E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No more seat belt sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Originally Posted by BLooD
Im still awaiting the OPs comments.
+1
Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i 6 speed 92 535i 5 speed 88 325i auto

i bat 60% of this board don't wear the seat belt, this thing just turns off the sound. YOU still can wear your seat belt whenever you want w/o taking it off
Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by BIMMERTIME-07
I have done it for my passengers who sit in the car, almost all my passengers never wear seatbelts(not recommened). Passengers must feel safe(or r idiots), Give credit to the driver

No credit to the driver, if you have an accident your passengers become missiles in the car, 200Lbs of passenger hitting you in the head is the same as being smashed by a lump hammer. Death by passenger.

Plus the other drivers insurance co would reduce your injury claim due to contributory negligence.

No offence intended, but you must be nuts. No belt, no ride as others have said.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Originally Posted by sndohio
i bat 60% of this board don't wear the seat belt, this thing just turns off the sound. YOU still can wear your seat belt whenever you want w/o taking it off

What is it they say about statistics?

Incredible. If for the sake of not hearing a 'click' sound you are prepared to juggle with other peoples life's then that is on your conscious. I'm all for mods but when you are potentially playing with other peoples life's this becomes another story. Surely there would be further serious ramifications with the authorities / insurance firms if the worse was to happen. Next thing people will be 'modifying' airbags so they color-match the interior of the car should they go off.

Just my two pence.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Percy_991
What is it they say about statistics?

Incredible. If for the sake of not hearing a 'click' sound you are prepared to juggle with other peoples life's then that is on your conscious. I'm all for mods but when you are potentially playing with other peoples life's this becomes another story. Surely there would be further serious ramifications with the authorities / insurance firms if the worse was to happen. Next thing people will be 'modifying' airbags so they color-match the interior of the car should they go off.

Just my two pence.
I agree, wonder what the insurance would say if they found out you had delibaretly disabled the seat belt alarm, they look for any loophole they can find so as not to pay out.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Originally Posted by sndohio
I've worn my seat belt EVERY day for the past 5.5 years. Why? Because my insurance doesn't pay the half million if I die in a crash with no seat belt on. I figure that much money would soften the pain of whoever it goes to.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

This happened 1 year ago this month, so please excuse me if I feel a bit sensitive to some one posting links for devices that can help some one not wear there seat belt.

Please do not post such things here again.
Attached Thumbnails No more seat belt sound-26419_404385109663_645924663_5151043_7206536_n.jpg   No more seat belt sound-26419_404385114663_645924663_5151044_7294902_n.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
This happened 1 year ago this month, so please excuse me if I feel a bit sensitive to some one posting links for devices that can help some one not wear there seat belt.

Please do not post such things here again.
+1 to BlooD's voice of reason.

Hope no one was seriously injured in this accident BlooD. Having been a passenger in a motorway accident within the last 9 months, wearing a seatbelt should be second nature and a must not only for you but also your passengers. A chap in another vehicle who caused the accident was not wearing his seatbelt and once he was taken away in an amnulance, you could see his bent steering wheel / column where he had made contact upon impact. Shocking.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Bunch of drama queens here. As has already been stated, the item the OP posted does nothing but get rid of the chime. You still wear your seat belt as usual with the device installed. I wouldn't buy one, but also don't feel getting rid of the chime discourages people from wearing their seat belt.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Bunch of drama queens here. As has already been stated, the item the OP posted does nothing but get rid of the chime. You still wear your seat belt as usual with the device installed. I wouldn't buy one, but also don't feel getting rid of the chime discourages people from wearing their seat belt.

How refreshing; "drama queens". Here in the UK it is mandatory for regular drivers to wear their seatbelts. Sorry for wanting my passengers and myself to stand the best chance of avoiding serious injury / worse should an accident occur.

The very fact that this device interferes with the normal seatbelt mechanism should be enough to sound alarm bells. You are incorporating an alien part to your safety setup. Has this particular device been tested robustly to ensure that fitting it will have no adverse effects should the worse happen? Have the tolerances been measured against multiple force, stress and load factors that can be generated in an accident? Or has the entire 'R&D' budget for this product been spent on designing a poor-copy of the "Trpe R" logo? Why not stick Audi rings on the alloy wheels and airbags?

Quick Reply: No more seat belt sound