E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New HPFP from recall gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProMed
It's already clear that you have one of the worst E60s ever made. Bitching about your car on the internet isn't going to do anything to help you.

What is stopping you from selling your lemon and moving on?
Actually, bitching about my car right here on these forums have gotten me a little bit. BMWNA even contacted my dealership about my problems which I posted here. I have recieved some financial restitution. So you are wrong. Matter of fact, last time I got a dirty loaner, I mentioned it here, and they saw it. They sent me a clean loaner and detailed my car after service.

Just accept the fact that you overpaid for one of the most problematic BMWs ever produced instead of trying to argue about it like a child on a forum, Captian BMW. Maybe you wont have issues, doesnt change the fact that one day, you may end up at a busy intersection when your fuel pump dies. And my car is gone in a few months.

Have fun with that! I said my bit about the fuel pump, I am not contributing to this thread any further.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ah! And I was just beginning to reconsider E60 535 again...
Good to know. And, no, thanks

I personally agree with Craig by now - piss poor job, BMW :thumbsdown:

PS But I think the issue is severely exaggerated by the fact that the dealer technicians are interested in cars coming back for more and more warranty work. I believe that all dealer technicians scam on one level or another, but with BMW it is especially lucrative, since BMW pays them handsome sums of money. For example, I've had to have the sunroof seal replaced - the bill was over a grand! That's ridiculous for a piece of rubber! And I bet BMW pays out those thousand-two thousand claims by tens of thousands annually to all kinds of dealers. They should do a thorough investigation of their dealers' operations and revamp the entire system. Even Craig's problems - although I think he may actually have a lemon - may have not been as bad, if the dealers weren't so financially dependent on these warranty repairs. In the end this costs us - the buyers - more money, because the only way BMW can keep it up, is by charging more and more for new models... hence the 75k F10 535 :thumbsdown:
Old 07-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
U mean a turbo BMW! NA BMWs last forever.
Beginning in 2012 models how many BMWs (at least USA delivery) will be non-turbo? My best recollection = none! So, that being said what could we expect (or should I hold on to my non-turbo '07 until it dies??
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by v_therussian
.....For example, I've had to have the sunroof seal replaced - the bill was over a grand! That's ridiculous for a piece of rubber!......
wtf? how is that even possible? i bought the seal myself from a dealer for $40, and took less than an hour to install.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Actually, bitching about my car right here on these forums have gotten me a little bit. BMWNA even contacted my dealership about my problems which I posted here. I have recieved some financial restitution. So you are wrong. Matter of fact, last time I got a dirty loaner, I mentioned it here, and they saw it. They sent me a clean loaner and detailed my car after service.

Just accept the fact that you overpaid for one of the most problematic BMWs ever produced instead of trying to argue about it like a child on a forum, Captian BMW. Maybe you wont have issues, doesnt change the fact that one day, you may end up at a busy intersection when your fuel pump dies. And my car is gone in a few months.

Have fun with that! I said my bit about the fuel pump, I am not contributing to this thread any further.
lmao... riiiiiight, sure BMW did. Keep on bitching, you're getting paid... wink, wink. I can appreciate why you feel it necessary to resort to personal attacks and flat out lies, that makes perfect sense. But saying that you thought I overpaid for my car was a bit perplexing. Where did you pull that out of? Hope you at least wiped it off first.

It's also odd that your car just died because of the fuel pump. Most people cars that were having trouble last year were just going into reduced power mode, not totally shuting off.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ProMed
lmao... riiiiiight, sure BMW did. Keep on bitching, you're getting paid... wink, wink. I can appreciate why you feel it necessary to resort to personal attacks and flat out lies, that makes perfect sense. But saying that you thought I overpaid for my car was a bit perplexing. Where did you pull that out of? Hope you at least wiped it off first.

It's also odd that your car just died because of the fuel pump. Most people cars that were having trouble last year were just going into reduced power mode, not totally shuting off.
i did. I'll post the emails later when i get home fool.

Dont know why I would need to lie about that. Id rather them not have, this way I could really hate on the brand, not just the awful 535. Every time my fuel pump went bad, it went into limp mode, except the one time it died on me in traffic and wouldnt restart. I had to call BMW roadside assistance to come get it. I have nothing to gain or lose by lying about any of this. I also never said you overpaid for your car.

I feel like I am talking to Jrowe or M5wannabe.

This guy...
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Contributors

Here you go Penis Face... I just got back from my time machine. I made this thread a year and a half ago, i mean now.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/897...1#entry1061605

Glad I built that thing. I knew I was going to need it for a forum discussion one day
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Contributors

Here is another one for you penis breath. I had some juice left in the flux capacitor. Fortunately I have my flux capacitor in another vehicle, not my 535. Id be afraid of my fuel pump dying in the past and not being able to make it home.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/106...1#entry1268076
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Contributors

i did. I'll post the emails later when i get home fool.

Dont know why I would need to lie about that. Id rather them not have, this way I could really hate on the brand, not just the awful 535. Every time my fuel pump went bad, it went into limp mode, except the one time it died on me in traffic and wouldnt restart. I had to call BMW roadside assistance to come get it. I have nothing to gain or lose by lying about any of this. I also never said you overpaid for your car.

I feel like I am talking to Jrowe or M5wannabe.

This guy...
Ahhh, I see. You get a gift certificate and your car cleaned due to all your bitching on here. As a result you bitch even more looking for even more handouts, gotta love it.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Just accept the fact that you overpaid for one of the most problematic BMWs ever produced
I also never said you overpaid for your car.
lmao..

Quick Reply: New HPFP from recall gone bad