E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got it back last week- had the power steering rack replaced- I was without my car for 6 days. I also had a rear reverse light, fog light replaced and a power window fixed.

This week- It is going in for the right rear Brake light, reverse light, turn signal going out. All within a day of eachother. This is probably the 3rd time- so it is obviously an electrical short.

Some of you know my car has already been in the shop for a fuel pump twice, fuel injectors once, turbo vaccum line breaking, telescoping steering column breaking, shifter breaking, amongst other things I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Based on florida law, this car is still not a lemon.

At this point, BMW will not help me- but has offered to give me a great deal on my next vehicle due to customer loyalty.

They are CRAZY if they think I am ever going to buy another BMW.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Damn dude you really got f*cked in the ass with this car....sorry to hear.

Audi up next?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi

Audi up next?

From what I hear Audi doesn't exactly have fewer issues.

Sorry to hear that Craig, sounds like you hit the crapola jackpot here. I have seen many members here talk about the HPFP problems, but geez, you have had way more issues than I have ever seen. I guess your car was made while the QC guys at the plant were taking a break. :thumbsdown:
Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Just got it back last week- had the power steering rack replaced- I was without my car for 6 days. I also had a rear reverse light, fog light replaced and a power window fixed.

This week- It is going in for the right rear Brake light, reverse light, turn signal going out. All within a day of eachother. This is probably the 3rd time- so it is obviously an electrical short.

Some of you know my car has already been in the shop for a fuel pump twice, fuel injectors once, turbo vaccum line breaking, telescoping steering column breaking, shifter breaking, amongst other things I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Based on florida law, this car is still not a lemon.

At this point, BMW will not help me- but has offered to give me a great deal on my next vehicle due to customer loyalty.

They are CRAZY if they think I am ever going to buy another BMW.
Damn man, they really are boning you good there.

Originally Posted by Krozi

Audi up next?
With BMW's current line up, I think I would go either Audi or MB myself, lol.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Contributors

I am really torn. I am thinking about getting an SUV so I can tow a boat or at least a jetski, but I really do love the cayman S with the Techart body kit. The idea of owning another German car really scares me. My people cant build cars apparently... Just start wars and make great beer.

I am actually blown away with American cars this past year. I think there is a lot to be said for the efforts American automakers are putting forth. Hopefully its not a day late and a dollar short. If I get a car, I am entertaining the idea of a 2011 CTS-V (slightly used by next november). If I get an SUV, I am considering the new 360 HP jeep grand cherokee with a HEMI. The new durango has caught my eye too, but it is basically the jeep with less bells and whistles.

I never thought I would consider and American car again- but that is changing. The CTS-V as we all know is an M5 rival, and the new Cherokee is directly being compared to the range rover, and coming out on top.

The Cayman S tops the price list when you include the techart body kit. Personally it isnt ascetically appealing without it IMO, and I cant afford a newer 911.

The maintenance on the American cars are going to be much cheaper and easier, not to mention because I plan on purchasing slightly used rather then leasing, the resale values will be significantly lower giving me more bang for my buck.

I still have about 9 months before I am seriously scouring ebay for a vehicle, but when I find the right one at the right price, I will travel as far as necessary for it. Right now the CTS-V and the jeep are topping my list- both for different reasons.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Contributors

not all BMW are like this... we also have SMG problems
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP-poster29292431.jpg
Old 11-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

American cars are definitely coming around, have you taken a look at the new Mustang?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

"My people cant build cars apparently... Just start wars and make great beer."

Gotta admit Craig, that has GOT to be in the running for quote of the year
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Sorry to hear dude. You should take this shit all the way to Supreme Court and change that fuck*ng Lemon Law! Your car is most definitely a lemon and its retarded they are screwing with you this long - any honest dealer should've by now initiated a buy-back.

Quick Reply: Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP