E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New HPFP from recall gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had new HPFP installed under the BMW recall last month on my 2008 535XI, went out at 408 miles, never had a ptoblem with old one. So much for BMW fix for the problem. Anyone else have this problem on the new recall pump?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Contributors

I am on fuel pump #4

Thats why my next car will not be a BMW.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I am on fuel pump #4

Thats why my next car will not be a BMW.
U mean a turbo BMW! NA BMWs last forever.

And to the OP, it's probably your injectors.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
U mean a turbo BMW! NA BMWs last forever.

And to the OP, it's probably your injectors.
Could be the injectors, Ive had those replaced too. And my entire rack and pinion, and vacuum hoses, and entire steering column, and both headlight housings wires melting, and a taillight wire harness do to a short causing it to melt, and two power window motors, and shifter, and key fob, wish I could get my idrive more than 80% of the time.

So it could be your fuel pump, or your injectors, or a multitude of other things. Like I said... no more BMWs for me.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 535i Xdrive Technology package Premium Package Audiophile Sound Package

Could be the injectors, Ive had those replaced too. And my entire rack and pinion, and vacuum hoses, and entire steering column, and both headlight housings wires melting, and a taillight wire harness do to a short causing it to melt, and two power window motors, and shifter, and key fob, wish I could get my idrive more than 80% of the time.

So it could be your fuel pump, or your injectors, or a multitude of other things. Like I said... no more BMWs for me.

Problems are sadly not the exclusive domain of BMW.I can give you an equally long laundry list of problems with my former Audi,Saab and Volvo! If reliability is what you crave,go for Honda and be bored silly with your dependable ride.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ottawarealtor
Problems are sadly not the exclusive domain of BMW.I can give you an equally long laundry list of problems with my former Audi,Saab and Volvo! If reliability is what you crave,go for Honda and be bored silly with your dependable ride.
I agree European cars are riddled with issues, but they are more fun to drive.

I have had about $10-15K done in warranty work. The entire rack and pinion getting replaced took over two weeks. That is unacceptable, regardless of how fun the car is to drive
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

I agree European cars are riddled with issues, but they are more fun to drive.

I have had about $10-15K done in warranty work. The entire rack and pinion getting replaced took over two weeks. That is unacceptable, regardless of how fun the car is to drive
did your dealer at least treat you right? give you loaners?

your problems definently are above the norm.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turboawd
did your dealer at least treat you right? give you loaners?

your problems definently are above the norm.
I did get loaners every time, and they came to my work to pick up and drop off my car leaving me with a 3 series loaner. For the most part, Fields BMW has been very accommodating and helpful. Once they even sent my car in for a professional detailing, and last time they put like half a tank of gas in the car. Once I left something in a loaner, they drove to my home to drop it off.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gary8665
Had new HPFP installed under the BMW recall last month on my 2008 535XI, went out at 408 miles, never had a ptoblem with old one. So much for BMW fix for the problem. Anyone else have this problem on the new recall pump?
Picked up the car today, it was the new style HPFP fuel pump that went bad. They said this was the first of the new ones to have a problem???
They had given me a loaner, a 2011 535i GT (what a dog)felt like I was driving grandpas Oldsmobile, sure glad to get mine back!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

I did get loaners every time, and they came to my work to pick up and drop off my car leaving me with a 3 series loaner. For the most part, Fields BMW has been very accommodating and helpful. Once they even sent my car in for a professional detailing, and last time they put like half a tank of gas in the car. Once I left something in a loaner, they drove to my home to drop it off.
sounds like they treated you well. that says a lot in my opinion. it could have been worse....like going to a GM dealer where they wouldnt pick your car up, wont give a loaner unless its over a day or two, and definetly wouldn't detail your car or give you gas.

Quick Reply: New HPFP from recall gone bad