E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Neat tricks" thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Guys ...

I am a new owner of an e60 525i 2004. Every time I reverse my mirror goes down to reflect the curb and asfalt...which is not helpfull when backing out of your drive way and my E46 is parked outside. However, i DISCOVERED a little tricj that you all may know about !!!

If you are backing up and want right hand side mirror to stay up..all you have to do is shift the mirror choice switch to the right mirror and it will " Automagicaly" turn to the upright position and let you see your whole right side...!!!! I thought maybe I should share that...!!!

A
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Aukpf
Not a trick, but a "good to know" for new owners with PDC. The front sensors give off a higher pitched tone then the rear sensors, it is a "beep beep" for the front vs. a "boop boop" for the rear.

This is good thing to know when I am backing out of my garage, as I can ignore the front sensors that are beeping and sensing the wall in front of me - and I can listen for the rear sensors since I am traveling in reverse.
you might also notice the location of the tone changes - rear speakers for rear sensors, front speakers for front sensors.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Automatic, Gray in color, two axles, four wheels, brakes

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
you might also notice the location of the tone changes - rear speakers for rear sensors, front speakers for front sensors.
Have never noticed, but have only had for 3 weeks - I have to check this out this afternoon!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Members

I just read through every page of this thread. Thank you very much for all the tips. I have learned a lot and can't wait to go see what tips work on my car now. My neighbors will think I am nuts I am sure.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Not sure if this is mentioned here (too many pages)

Closing the windows and sunroof without turning your car on..

1-Turn car off with windows and sunroof open
2-Insert key into driver door and turn to the right and hold.

Windows and sunroof will close

The opposite will occur if if you want the windows open, instead of turning to the right, you turn to the left and hold.

You also have this on your keyfob to open only in North America.
Note: To close your windows from the key itself, you can code your car. I did and works perfectly.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Members

I read here a trick about reseting your transmition. I think the transmition kind of learn your driving pattern and tray to give you what you wanted out of the car. Is that right? However, my 2004 E60 was owned by an older couple and i just bought it from them. I noticed that the car was on "OLD LADY MODE" slow to pick up and little slugish...so I did like i read here, with the car off, but electrical on pressed the gas pedal for 25+ sec. After that I can feel a big change is acceleration and even kick downs...I guess THE TRICK WORKS !! WOOOPPYYYYYYYYY
Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by tamer123
I read here a trick about reseting your transmition. I think the transmition kind of learn your driving pattern and tray to give you what you wanted out of the car. Is that right? However, my 2004 E60 was owned by an older couple and i just bought it from them. I noticed that the car was on "OLD LADY MODE" slow to pick up and little slugish...so I did like i read here, with the car off, but electrical on pressed the gas pedal for 25+ sec. After that I can feel a big change is acceleration and even kick downs...I guess THE TRICK WORKS !! WOOOPPYYYYYYYYY
Hey tamer123 where did you read this? I scanned this thread but I might have missed this one. Really interested since I just picked up a 09 e60 that was a lease.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

basically, the transmission has various settings...1 to 9 which is based on how much you press the gas pedal. So when you depress the pedal all the way down for 25 seconds, you are telling the transmission to switch to extreme sports mode (9), since it adaptive, it will lock into that setting for a few days, then adapt back to a 1 or 2 setting to save gas etc.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by Shlooky
basically, the transmission has various settings...1 to 9 which is based on how much you press the gas pedal. So when you depress the pedal all the way down for 25 seconds, you are telling the transmission to switch to extreme sports mode (9), since it adaptive, it will lock into that setting for a few days, then adapt back to a 1 or 2 setting to save gas etc.
Cool. I new that there was a learning program in the car but just wasnt sure. I just picked up my 535i a couple of weeks ago after trading in my 02 x5. Tried the gas pedal trick this morning and needless to say it was a very fun drive.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Members

The Transmition reset works fine ...but it will wear off. However, I do not know if it affects Gas consuption !

Quick Reply: "Neat tricks" thread!