E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Im gonna tell a story

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually do not partake (fancy word) in road rage. When some one pisses me off I usually just get out of there way by either slowing down, changing lanes, or speeding up (although the last one never really helps the cause. lol). Since I live in Florida I also try not to piss off anyone in a big truck.

A friend of mine cut off some hick in a truck and the truck followed him for a few miles with his shot gun dangling out of his driver side window. He never aimed, but just let the shotgun dangle there.

So as soon as I am 18, I am going to get myself a designated car gun.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport - MANUAL - Jet Black/Black 20" Miro Time Attacks, Bimmian Carbon Kidneys

Man, this thread is SWEET. There's so much hate! I think I'm going to go drive around until someone does something I don't like! My motivation is sky high! Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='806516' date='Mar 3 2009, 05:33 PM
LOL!!
that's it?? man, this was getting good.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='806477' date='Mar 3 2009, 03:44 PM
im not picking a fight? i was giving my oppinion on your behavour seeing as you posted it.
and there you go again calling people out.

and tough guy?? well yes i suppose so
having served 12 years in the parachute regiment, and seeing 2 wars, and being an 18 stone bodybuilder also helps, but you carry on.
i could do with the laugh.
Yeah, but that's UK parachute regiment. That has to be the equivalent of the Boy Scouts in America, isn't it?

Guys, let's remember we're a big family, we may have our disagreements, but we all love one thing in common and move on.....
Old 03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

Hey the biatch deserved it! I have been in too many road rage incidents to say all of them but the most recent was this suv tailing the hell outta me i braked hard thinking fuck it ill sue, he swerves to dodge and sideswipes into another suv (we werent going fast maybe 25-30) I flip him off and away I go
Old 03-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='806626' date='Mar 3 2009, 06:33 PM
LOL!!
that's it?? man, this was getting good.

i know i know. hope you didnt turn the microwaves on yet.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Gray / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Dakota Black Leather / Options: Navigation, SAT Radio, Bluetooth, IPOD adapter Sprint Booster VMR Rims V710 19x9.5 ET45 Hyper Silver (rear) VMR Rims V710 19x8.5 ET35 Hyper Silver (front) Tires: General Exclaim 275/30/19 (rear) Tires: General Exclaim 245/35/19 (front) BMW Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors BMW M-tech Complete Body Kit w/LCI & no PDC Hamann Splitter Vorsteiner Decklid Spoiler BMW M5 E60 BMW Black Grills E60 BMW Shadow Trim BMW Carbon Fiber Roundells - E60 Angel Eyes (GP Thunder Bulb H8 8500K)

Whatever, I'll chime in... This is an entertaining thread. Driving on an open road where road-rage is not an issue doesn't really apply to this thread. Drive fast and have fun. But, for the road-rage discussion... It's really nice to have the power, yet let the drivers with their tin can mufflers spin around you. Inside you know, and they know, all you really have to do is touch the gas and dust their ass.

There are those occasions where, hate to admit it, you might actually be sitting next to an aggressive driver in a car that has no business with the installed horsepower... We might actually get beat by that car? I just take the casual attitude, and drive like I don't want a ticket and let them go.
I know I wouldn?t stand by if I were aggressively attacked by another driver? I seem to favor the video of the BMW driver with the 9mm pointed at the hicks head. I hope I never put, or find myself in a situation to use it.

When tailgated by some A-hole, if there are miles of visibility, and I know I can take off and dust them, well... it's fun, and I do it (unless I have the family in the car). I have grown accustomed to letting the road rage stress drive by me by either pulling into the slow lane, or pulling off to the shoulder on a single lane road and letting the tailgater go by me. The stress is generally removed immediately. I'm sure many of you are like me and have family and friends that have a dependency on our existance... let the il-tempered psychos go. Mind you... I'm not talking about anyone on this forum!!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='806576' date='Mar 3 2009, 05:40 PM
So as soon as I am 18

You're not even 18 and you drive a 545?

Start counting your blessings now, son. Many of us less fortunate than you had to work hard and wait until our 20's or 30's for our first bimmer.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by exx1976' post='806783' date='Mar 3 2009, 09:35 PM
You're not even 18 and you drive a 545?

Start counting your blessings now, son. Many of us less fortunate than you had to work hard and wait until our 20's or 30's for our first bimmer.
+1. i have been through hell and shed some sweat for my car...
Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='806630' date='Mar 3 2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah, but that's UK parachute regiment. That has to be the equivalent of the Boy Scouts in America, isn't it?

Guys, let's remember we're a big family, we may have our disagreements, but we all love one thing in common and move on.....

this i HAVE to reply to....
when we did an exchange with the 101st airborne at fort bragg
we (77 men) did there jumps course, and they came to aldershot to do ours......
are you ready for the results....can you handle the truth

every swinging dick in 2 para passed your jumps course (and we broke the assult course record)
delta force (who were there at the time) didnt even come in the top 25.
the 100+ 101st airborne guys, who came to aldershot and brise norton for there "P" coy, only 4 passed...yes 4/100+
what does that tell you about our "boy scouts"?
i have faught and trained with your 82nd and delta force, and when i left the army worked in iraq et al for blackwater and amour group,
im not blowing trumpets here but all your S/F guys are trained by us for black opps (theres a reason for that)
the american guys, who were a great bunch of lads, had fantastic upper body strength, but could not "tab" to save there lives. its all about core strength, and only your legs will carry you there. (unless you have a humvee )

just a reply to your boy scouts jibe mate.

Quick Reply: Im gonna tell a story