E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Im gonna tell a story

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLinardi' post='805888' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:06 PM
Dude come on were in BMWs!! We dont 'roll' down windows anymore, we press a button!!
too bad we dont have voice activated windows. it prob wouldnt be hard, and therefore not too far off. than you could say "i told my window 'down'".
Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Members

You'd say "window down" and it would start phoning up your boss!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JLinardi' post='805894' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:12 PM
You'd say "window down" and it would start phoning up your boss!
true. my car just says "not recognized" or whatever it says every time i give it a command
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Reminds me about a story about my dad. A few years ago my dad was driving my mom and my little sister and they were on their way home, when my dad accidentally cut off a car full of guys that were in their mid 20s, my dad apologized to them, but they kept trying to run my dad off the road (never put a man's family in danger, you are asking for trouble). They ended up following my dad home and my dad got out of the car and so did the driver and the passenger of the other car, they both approached my dad. My dad proceeded to beat the shit out of the passenger and the driver freaked out and grabbed his friend and they ran back to the car and left. My dad at the time was like 54 years old, but still to this day I'm scared of my dad and I'm bigger and stronger than him.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

I saw one today. Not so much road rage as a moron getting what's coming to him....

Walking down a side street (busy, mixed residential/commercial with parking at a premium). The speed limit is 50kph but most people are driving about 40kph since there is parking on both sides of the street and lots of people are either a) looking for a parking spot, or b) jay walking across the street to and from their parked cars and medical appointments, video store, etc. So every once in a while some douchebag comings ripping down the street at about 80 or 90 kph, usually some lunatic pissed off because he had to wait while someone was trying to parellel park.

So today I hear the "roar" as some guy guns it down the street. It's a crappy old Jeep Cheroke with an 'N' decal on the back (new driver). Someone pulls out of an alley way, the kid panics and pins the brakes, skids and crashes into a utility company van coming the other way. Not a big crash by any stretch.....in fact the utility van drives away with a headlight/front corner damage....but an hour later when I walk back past the kid is still there, there are 4 cop cars and they are measuring the long black skid marks which run probably 3 cars lengths. Not sure how fast you have to be going to leave skid marks that long, but I sure the cops do.

Well done dude! You'll have a great story to tell your friends while you ride the bus..... And eventually when you get your license back remember not to be such a douchebag
Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Members

Guys, do you realize how many crazies carry guns in their cars and would love nothing more than to shoot at "some rich dude in a BMW"? Just a word to the wise - unless someone actually hits or harms you or your car, be the bigger person, take a deep breath and move on. It just takes one nut to turn a chance at a little revenge into a life changing disaster.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sooner79' post='805912' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:26 PM
Guys, do you realize how many crazies carry guns in their cars and would love nothing more than to shoot at "some rich dude in a BMW"? Just a word to the wise - unless someone actually hits or harms you or your car, be the bigger person, take a deep breath and move on. It just takes one nut to turn a chance at a little revenge into a life changing disaster.
my car is faster then a speeding bullet.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='805911' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:25 PM
I saw one today. Not so much road rage as a moron getting what's coming to him....

Walking down a side street (busy, mixed residential/commercial with parking at a premium). The speed limit is 50kph but most people are driving about 40kph since there is parking on both sides of the street and lots of people are either a) looking for a parking spot, or b) jay walking across the street to and from their parked cars and medical appointments, video store, etc. So every once in a while some douchebag comings ripping down the street at about 80 or 90 kph, usually some lunatic pissed off because he had to wait while someone was trying to parellel park.

So today I hear the "roar" as some guy guns it down the street. It's a crappy old Jeep Cheroke with an 'N' decal on the back (new driver). Someone pulls out of an alley way, the kid panics and pins the brakes, skids and crashes into a utility company van coming the other way. Not a big crash by any stretch.....in fact the utility van drives away with a headlight/front corner damage....but an hour later when I walk back past the kid is still there, there are 4 cop cars and they are measuring the long black skid marks which run probably 3 cars lengths. Not sure how fast you have to be going to leave skid marks that long, but I sure the cops do.

Well done dude! You'll have a great story to tell your friends while you ride the bus..... And eventually when you get your license back remember not to be such a douchebag
New drivers have to have an "N" decal on their car? that sucks for the "N" drivers, but good for everyone else...
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Yeah the have to display a bright red "L" when they are learning and then a big green "N" when the get their license for a couple of years or something like that. It's part of "graduated licensing" and you are not allow any speeding tickets or other major violations or you lose your liscense right away. It's good because you can give a little extra room or benefit of the doubt to the new ones.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='805923' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah the have to display a bright red "L" when they are learning and then a big green "N" when the get their license for a couple of years or something like that. It's part of "graduated licensing" and you are not allow any speeding tickets or other major violations or you lose your liscense right away. It's good because you can give a little extra room or benefit of the doubt to the new ones.
pretty good idea.

#1 United States: 15.5 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#2 Belgium: 15.4 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#3 New Zealand: 14 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#4 France: 13.7 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#5 Italy: 12.9 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#6 Ireland: 11.6 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#7 Austria: 10.4 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#8 Australia: 10 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#9 Germany: 9.8 deaths per 100,000 peopl
#10 Canada: 9.6 deaths per 100,000 peopl

...not suprised now...