E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, don't trust "water goods" salesmen. My college friend bought a Skyline from a water goods dealer few years ago. Then when later his family grew and needed to trade in the Skyline for a mini-van, the same salesmen told him he wouldn't get much for his Skyline because it's "water goods" !!! WTF !!!

Oh, and the police will also try to talk you into not sueing because less work for them (that's what happened to me). So don't fall for that either <_<
Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 3 2005, 04:17 PM
The first thing I got out of my car is call 999, than ask a police to come by.? I try to talk to him but he is so cocky and saying that I didn't let him pass? ? I am in my lane and his lane have construction up ahead so he should check to make sure he is ok before he pass.? I have to go to the police station later and give a detail testimony I will tell the police I will sue him for his careless driving which resulted in damages on my car.? If he is willing to pay for damages (repaint in BMW) then I might considering dropping the case.

That guy was a salesman in Richburg and he say stuff like I work in the industry and I know BMW is the same as shop outside and stuff like our used cars on display use those shops too and is as good as the original.? Yeah right.. my friend brought a use car from them and the paint job is not as shinny as it were when he brought it only after a few days in fact after a few wash there are scratch marks revealing, so I don't trust those guys at all.
[snapback]178418[/snapback]
Sorry to hear that. :'(
No matter what, bring it back to BMW for repair. Make sure you file a police report too.

Never trust the salesman, they just want to have an easy way out. If it happened to me, I may kill him right there.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by mic325' date='Oct 3 2005, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear that. :'(
No matter what, bring it back to BMW for repair. Make sure you file a police report too.

Never trust the salesman, they just want to have an easy way out. If it happened to me, I may kill him right there.
[snapback]178420[/snapback]
He has not heard the last of me yet.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Does anyone in here knows where you can get Hamann parts? And how much is the front lip? Thanks!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 3 2005, 03:24 AM
Does anyone in here knows where you can get Hamann parts?? And how much is the front lip?? Thanks!
[snapback]178431[/snapback]
I think there is a shop in Wanchai (near Mini show room) that sells them. I walk pass there every now and then. I'll let u know the name and address next time I pass by ok?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 3 2005, 07:58 PM
I think there is a shop in Wanchai (near Mini show room) that sells them.? I walk pass there every now and then.? I'll let u know the name and address next time I pass by ok?
[snapback]178449[/snapback]
Great thanks!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Oct 3 2005, 07:58 PM
[quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 3 2005, 03:24 AM']Does anyone in here knows where you can get Hamann parts?? And how much is the front lip?? Thanks!
I think there is a shop in Wanchai (near Mini show room) that sells them. I walk pass there every now and then. I'll let u know the name and address next time I pass by ok?
[/quote]

If we are referering to the same shop, it is called "Auto Design Haus". On Glochester Road, between the Mini Showroom and Wanchai Police Station. I used to buy parts from them for my E36 8 years ago, they are quite honest and the price is not too bad. They were the Breyton distributor before.

I am not sure if Speedline is still in business, they used to be in Leighton Road, and I think they may have Hamman stuff.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mic325' date='Oct 3 2005, 10:29 PM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 3 2005, 07:58 PM'][quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 3 2005, 03:24 AM']Does anyone in here knows where you can get Hamann parts?? And how much is the front lip?? Thanks!
[/quote]

If we are referering to the same shop, it is called "Auto Design Haus". On Glochester Road, between the Mini Showroom and Wanchai Police Station. I used to buy parts from them for my E36 8 years ago, they are quite honest and the price is not too bad. They were the Breyton distributor before.

I am not sure if Speedline is still in business, they used to be in Leighton Road, and I think they may have Hamman stuff.
[snapback]178508[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just looking for a lip and new wheels for the time being

Hey btw you said Bunbun's 520 have those flaps for cold weather? Interesting, guest they must have taken it out because is useless in HK coz I can see clearly into my radiator, but still couldn't access the grill area.

Are you considering changing to chrome? I think with the chrome the car looks much nicer but not too many would notice the difference only the pros (us ) could tell.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Yeah, my car has those flaps. Couldn't even tell until last time mic325 pointed it out to me.

Btw AC_S5, u think u'll be join us on Oct 11th? or do u need to take your car to the shop for fixing up :'(
Old 10-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mic325' date='Oct 3 2005, 08:29 AM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 3 2005, 07:58 PM'][quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 3 2005, 03:24 AM']Does anyone in here knows where you can get Hamann parts?? And how much is the front lip?? Thanks!
[/quote]

[snapback]178508[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I think we're talking about the same shop on Gloucester Road. I thought I saw Hamman stickers on their window display. I'll check next time I pass by.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum