E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by telegogo
a tyre shop in tin hau has requested the wheel from the distributor for me to have a look, wihtout commitment yet. I will have a look there later today.

I highly concerned the chrome colour.
cool I hop you can change them before the 16th MD
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
cool I hop you can change them before the 16th MD

I hope Mo can change steering wheel, rims AND exhaust before Feb 16th drive! ha ha
Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Sorry about tonight's event, i had double checked with their website and shows nothing or whatsoever, gutted!
But i will organise another one after the CNY probably 18th (Thur) or 19th (Fri).

And i will go there myself this thursday or Friday afternoon, anyone interested are welcome to join me
no need to sorry, buddy!!!, enjoy the blow water tonite, and i may get my new toy later , hahahah!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I hope Mo can change steering wheel, rims AND exhaust before Feb 16th drive! ha ha
haha, the wheels should be later.
the steering wheel is a must, and thinking the exhaust system, hehehehehh!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

thanks for reminding us that IR creates the radiation and heat build up.
i had my rear windscreen done by FRK in 50% blue yesterday, the workmanship was ok,
i did that because i would expect a chance to get a ticket by the police and would just remove it.

I think BMW, MB and AUDI windows are already quite strongly protected against UV and IR, because i tested my spectacle glasses which react and go dark on UV and IR, and they don't even change colour by much even under direct sunshine under the windscreen. I think even with max 3m your car if placed under sunlight will get hot because the whole car is getting warmer and it is convected together.
so it is really to prevent UV, you are better protected with a cheap 50bucks silver sunshade.

Originally Posted by momowing
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by billhk
thanks for reminding us that IR creates the radiation and heat build up.
i had my rear windscreen done by FRK in 50% blue yesterday, the workmanship was ok,
i did that because i would expect a chance to get a ticket by the police and would just remove it.

I think BMW, MB and AUDI windows are already quite strongly protected against UV and IR, because i tested my spectacle glasses which react and go dark on UV and IR, and they don't even change colour by much even under direct sunshine under the windscreen. I think even with max 3m your car if placed under sunlight will get hot because the whole car is getting warmer and it is convected together.
so it is really to prevent UV, you are better protected with a cheap 50bucks silver sunshade.
Bill,

Yeah i find the windows on the e60 pretty well protected.. it must have some sort of UV / IR filter incorporated to it BUT the cheap $50 shade dont look any good!

Think keith and I are getting it for more aesthetic reasons
Old 02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
like all thing there is a limit to what you can do.
she is a big person so she should stand on her own 2 feet and be strong.
this is 1 thing that I never want on my back is to look after the kids all on my own and only me teaching them.
if not team work then no point in popping them out.
hate to admit it, you know the saying happy wife happy life is actually v true. how the parents interact has big impact onhow kids character is formed which you have some control in their 1st 6 years, I actually think its in their first 18 months.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
if he dose all that then I get rim now
Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Sorry about tonight's event, i had double checked with their website and shows nothing or whatsoever, gutted!
But i will organise another one after the CNY probably 18th (Thur) or 19th (Fri).

And i will go there myself this thursday or Friday afternoon, anyone interested are welcome to join me
no need for sorry
in HK never trust website about 95% never gets updated.
alway phone them up.
that sounds good
Old 02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by momowing
I would get exhaust 1st then steering wheel but if will is selling both, then get them.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum