E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk
thanks for reminding us that IR creates the radiation and heat build up.
i had my rear windscreen done by FRK in 50% blue yesterday, the workmanship was ok,
i did that because i would expect a chance to get a ticket by the police and would just remove it.

I think BMW, MB and AUDI windows are already quite strongly protected against UV and IR, because i tested my spectacle glasses which react and go dark on UV and IR, and they don't even change colour by much even under direct sunshine under the windscreen. I think even with max 3m your car if placed under sunlight will get hot because the whole car is getting warmer and it is convected together.
so it is really to prevent UV, you are better protected with a cheap 50bucks silver sunshade.
Bill, you got any pics of your new toy?
We went to AK last night as the karting event was cancelled, unfortuantely you were gone at the time
Old 02-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
I am sure Mo drive faster when we are not here, wolf under sheep skins

I am sure he doesnt.

:thumbsdown:
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by etchu
Yea, buy everything and install at once while you go travel with your family. then come back and pick up your all upgraded ride. perfect.
Oh..yes...I have heard Mo is going on holiday this CNY, good idea ET

i can help you to drop your car at AK and take it back home,
so you wife will not notice
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Oh..yes...I have heard Mo is going on holiday this CNY, good idea ET

i can help you to drop your car at AK and take it back home,
so you wife will not notice
Old 02-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I am sure he doesnt.

:thumbsdown:
Hahaa...so mean
Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
me too, this is why need to train her with the kids to be much more happier and not just use the Kan
it is the at 3 year that need to have the power to control them not over 6 year.
then they will listen much more to you after.
if you think ur wife will be happy when you treat her like a cadet, think again.

you are half right about age of 3 and without going into a lot of technical details, let me quote Maria Montessori: "The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six."

of course, the later you leave it, the harder it will be. in fact, I would argue by age 1-1.5, kids should know yelling wont get them anywhere and they should always take initiative to solve problem for themselves.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
that wrong bmw glass are usless on UV and IF
you can try my car out on a hot day
a few weeks back there was a hot day with the sun on full and I just rest my arm on the window and I had to put it down after about 2 mins because it was hot.
bill the tint is not just to protected our boby parts.
it is for:
looks
safety ( if there is a side impact the glass will not shatter and hit my kids) BTW do our cars have the window side airbags?
block UV
block IF
dose not fog up too
you guys know how green house effect work? i dont understand how a film that blocks ir can reduce temperature inside the car.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung
you guys understand how green house effect work? i dont understand how a film that blocks ir can reduce temperature inside the car.
Simple!
Greenhouse = No 3M film

Haha....well. Basically the film can block part of the UV/IR light and reduce the amount of heat get into the car "compared" to the one without. Just like your sunglasses
Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Senior Members

Sorry about tonight's event, i had double checked with their website and shows nothing or whatsoever, gutted!
But i will organise another one after the CNY probably 18th (Thur) or 19th (Fri).

And i will go there myself this thursday or Friday afternoon, anyone interested are welcome to join me
fri should be ok for me. thur might be ok but wouldnt know until thur pm. either way, let me know, will try to join if I can.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung
fri should be ok for me. thur might be ok but wouldnt know until thur pm. either way, let me know, will try to join if I can.

Sure mate, my leg is itching again

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum