E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.
Thumbs down

I just heard back this morning that it was the Sunroof Frame that was leaking down the side of my car into the floor board. My insurance company is replacing that and having the liner cleaned. I just have to pay my deductable and difference in labor rates. I contacted BMW and they said they will remove the carpets, clean and dry them out. They said the electronics under my seat look to be fine despite the warning signs coming up on the idrive screen when it was towed in early last week. They said all the idrive warnings are gone.

If BMW contacts me with anything else I'll keep u posted.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

I was contacted by my SA yesterday with some real bullshit. He started the conversation with "What are we doing about your windshield" In as calm of a voice that I can possibly have at this point I asked "Whats wrong with my windshield" He goes on to tell me that there is a 6 inch crack in it and that my car came in with it. After going back in forth for about 15 minutes insisiting that I did not have a cracked windshield when I delivered the car to them on June 23. I was getting nowhere so I told him I'll be there within the hour. I get to BMW and I ask for him and the manager both of them are insisting it came in that way or that the heat of their garage could have made a small chip spread. Either one of them wouldn't admit that this was at the fault of the dealership since my car has been there since June 23 and not one person including the insurance guy who was there on monday noticed a 6 inch cracked windshield. Which appeared after the tech guy started removing the liner and whats nots in my car.

I called Geico and they said i have full glass coverage with no deductable but the only thing is they dont deal with Hassel BMW because they charge higher rates on windshield and installation. If I go with BMW I would have to pay for it which I was quoted $2100. I decided to go with their recommendation, Safelite. BMW said Safelite can not put the windshield in on their property. Once again I am screwed.

So long story short I filled another claim, my car might be ready today depending on if they can get the smell from the water damage out (they wouldnt replace the carpets even though I and Geico insisted) and monday Safelite is coming to my job to replace the windshield. .

Hopefully this mess that I have been dealing with since June 19 will finally come to an end today. All I know is that I will be writing a letter to BMWNA about the water damage and the glass issue. I also will start a topic for people to put there name and a brief description if they also have water damage from a faulty sunroof and for them to indicate how much they had to pay for repairs. Since this is clearly a defect on BMW part.That list I will then forward to BMWNA.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i, Sports, Premium & Cold Weather Packages, Steptronic, HUD, NAV.

For windshield - try BIMRS and look for the closest location. They will do a good job and GEICO might accept their place for repairs. Regarding GEICO payment - I had a similar situation with parking garage damaging my car. I paid with credit card and GEICO sent me a check - I know it is not the best solution, but I had the GEICO check by the time I had to pay my credit card... Good luck!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

$2100! Crazy!

Hope this is the end of it and you get the car back soon.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bauska' post='930565' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:41 AM
For windshield - try BIMRS and look for the closest location. They will do a good job and GEICO might accept their place for repairs. Regarding GEICO payment - I had a similar situation with parking garage damaging my car. I paid with credit card and GEICO sent me a check - I know it is not the best solution, but I had the GEICO check by the time I had to pay my credit card... Good luck!

Thank you.. I'll check that sight out.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='930570' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:47 AM
$2100! Crazy!

Hope this is the end of it and you get the car back soon.

I know right.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

UPDATE

Safelite called me on Monday and said that they can get a BMW windshiled from Competition Bmw, Geico will pay for all except $146.59... Which I still believe if I have full glass coverage with no deductable that geico should replace what was oem in the car the first place but at this point I wont complain I said Great when can u have it installed by.. long story short they came to my job on wednesday at 11:00 and installed the BMW windshield...

Happy Days are here again !!!