E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by ponnu' post='916984' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:51 AM
Did you check the battery compartment? possible its flooded...

I just removed the panel that covers the battery compartment and its not flooded and there are no signs of water ever being in there. I'm going to check the voltage and try charging it overnight. Here's a picture of my screen.
Attached Thumbnails HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo-photo.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Check other areas of the car for water...seems like this is happening to others. Or could just be same symptom different problem.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=78019&st=0
Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Alternator!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Open Voltage | Charge
12.65 V-----------100%
12.45 V------------75%
12.24 V------------50%
12.06 V------------25%
11.89 V-------------0%
Old 06-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='917075' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:07 PM
Open Voltage | Charge
12.65 V-----------100%
12.45 V------------75%
12.24 V------------50%
12.06 V------------25%
11.89 V-------------0%

THANK U SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

I just went through my car again and a new message came up. Also I took everyones advise and checked to see if there was water anywhere else and I found it!!. I never go in the back seat and the floor mat and carpet on the passenger side is drenched and under the passenger seat is damp..
I'm freaking out!!! I'm going to do a search for the drains to see where they are.. If anyone see's this and knows where i can find them please let me know.
In the mean time I'm going to see if I can get the car flat bedded to BMW.
Attached Thumbnails HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo-photo_1.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='917108' date='Jun 19 2009, 08:49 PM
I just went through my car again and a new message came up. Also I took everyones advise and checked to see if there was water anywhere else and I found it!!. I never go in the back seat and the floor mat and carpet on the passenger side is drenched and under the passenger seat is damp..
I'm freaking out!!! I'm going to do a search for the drains to see where they are.. If anyone see's this and knows where i can find them please let me know.
In the mean time I'm going to see if I can get the car flat bedded to BMW.
Sorry to hear...
I hope you get it solved soon.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

*UPDATE* Ok so my dad took out by back seat and my front passenger seat and we found 1 1/2 inches of water under the carpet from back to front of the car. We removed the carpet and checked the drain holes and all are clean throughout the car. I called my insurance company and told them what happened they said I am covered to file a claim. The rep explained that I have to pay my deduct. of $500 and Geico will cover the rest. Thank G*D!!.. So they are flat bedding my car on thursday ( the earliest they said so we pushed my car into the garage) to BMW for repairs. The adjuster will be at BMW on Friday.
I still cant believe this happened to such an expensive car rain water should not be able to get any where near the inside of it. I'm actually looking forward to hear my SA tell me how the water got in since all the drains were clean. I even took pictures of all the damage and the control messages.

Anyway thank you everyone for your advise and thanks C for recommending your guy at Habberstad ( I used them for my two previous cars). My service has always been done with Hassle on this car so I'm just going to have it brought there since its closer to my house and I already had other repairs done by them.

I'll keep everyone update since I have heard other have had the same problem.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Thumbs up

*Update*

My car was flat bedded this morning instead of thursday as first indicated by Geico. I just got back from BMW and they told me judging on what I've describe the cars repairs will take anywhere from 2 -3 days to fix. Great I'm thinking. The new SA (b/c mine was out sick) I got then goes on to tell me that even though the car can get fixed within 2 -3 days I wont get my car back from them until Geico's check clears which is another 10 business days. I have never dealt with insurance claims but does that sound right? I called Geico to see when they can get someone over to BMW so they said in around 5 business days. So now I'm looking at tuesday of next week before any repairs start or anyone looks at it. So it looks like I wont get by car back until July 14 as per all I spoke with.

Doesn't this all seem to LONG??? Has any one dealt with the same issues with BMW and insurance checks clearing???
Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Wow you have any clue as to how/where the water got in?

Quick Reply: HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo