E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='921145' date='Jun 23 2009, 02:23 PM
Wow you have any clue as to how/where the water got in?

So far no. BMW said they will go over the whole car once Geico gives them the ok on paying for repairs. I'm praying it doesn't rain again until then since BMW has the car outside. I spent most of the weekend checking every end of the car and so far I couldn't come up with anything. Hopefully BMW will be able to and hopefully it doesn't happen again....
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='921159' date='Jun 23 2009, 02:32 PM
So far no. BMW said they will go over the whole car once Geico gives them the ok on paying for repairs. I'm praying it doesn't rain again until then since BMW has the car outside. I spent most of the weekend checking every end of the car and so far I couldn't come up with anything. Hopefully BMW will be able to and hopefully it doesn't happen again....

Good luck...we've been getting way too much rain recently. I'm going to have to go check mine just in case, I've had it happen to lesser cars.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Contributors

I think i may be in the same boat as you any updates please pm me
Old 06-24-2009, 04:29 AM
Members

Good luck.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

*UPDATE*

I spoke with my new SA at BMW last night. They are replacing the seals around the sunroof, roof liner, the carpet and the modules under the seat. They are saying it came in from the sunroof ( I dont think that it did since the roof liner had no water damage to it). They said once they remove the seat they will check the area under the glove box were I saw the water coming down from when I removed the carpet.

Still waiting on Geico to show up. I put a call in yesterday and I'm calling again today to see if someone can get there today to look at the damage and issue a check. BMW said all parts need to be order and the job takes 3 days to complete. SO if Geico gets there today I can have my car early next week if they come on monday I wont get my car back until thursday / friday. In which it would be two weeks of driving my dads train car which is a 525 wagon.... not feeling it. I miss my car and cant wait to get it back!!!

Any other news that arrives since the day is still early I will let all know and thanks guys for your input and advise...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='916399' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:45 PM
Trasm malufunction with a scroll of AWD, DSC,ABS and EMERG EBV under it came up on my Idrive screen tonight. It came on a block from my house so I drove home pulled in the driveway and shut the car off. I started it 30 minutes later all was gone and a new message Service Engine soon came up. I shut the car off and started it again about 1 1/2 hours later and all is on the idrive screen again. The car has been running great and still is so I'm a bit confused to why this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone on here? Also the car was on an incline for 8 hours at my job and it rained hard all day. Could water gotten into something that caused this? I know that might sound stupid but at this point I'll ask and take the responses,lol....

Please help me out if you can,lol... Thanks
Here is some good info...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=374639
Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='923301' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:10 AM
*UPDATE*

I spoke with my new SA at BMW last night. They are replacing the seals around the sunroof, roof liner, the carpet and the modules under the seat. They are saying it came in from the sunroof ( I dont think that it did since the roof liner had no water damage to it). They said once they remove the seat they will check the area under the glove box were I saw the water coming down from when I removed the carpet.

Still waiting on Geico to show up. I put a call in yesterday and I'm calling again today to see if someone can get there today to look at the damage and issue a check. BMW said all parts need to be order and the job takes 3 days to complete. SO if Geico gets there today I can have my car early next week if they come on monday I wont get my car back until thursday / friday. In which it would be two weeks of driving my dads train car which is a 525 wagon.... not feeling it. I miss my car and cant wait to get it back!!!

Any other news that arrives since the day is still early I will let all know and thanks guys for your input and advise...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=374639
Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

This happened to me before. My friend (which works at BMW), fixed it for my by fixing the drain from the the sunroof.

there is a sunroof water drain that can get clogged which could be the culprit. The water would come down from the rear seat, right or left side, behind the cushion.

I hope it helps. try to tell the SA or BMW tech that could be the culprit.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='923498' date='Jun 25 2009, 12:42 PM
This happened to me before. My friend (which works at BMW), fixed it for my by fixing the drain from the the sunroof.

there is a sunroof water drain that can get clogged which could be the culprit. The water would come down from the rear seat, right or left side, behind the cushion.

I hope it helps. try to tell the SA or BMW tech that could be the culprit.
WOW, should we all park our cars outside on heavy rain to see if they have the same issue or not? before warranty expire?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ponnu' post='923487' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:35 AM

Thank you!! I'll check that out when I get it back next thursday from bmw.

Quick Reply: HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo