E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

F*CKING DISGRACED

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal' post='231248' date='Jan 28 2006, 10:54 PM
Bah! Who cares? You're still IN a BMW, and he's still IN a Datsun with some fake wood tacked on.

Let's see who gets better treatment from the Valet.

Let's see who gets more looks from the ladies when you get out. (A LOT MORE than my buddy's MB!)

Let's see whose still excited about their daily commute after a couple of years of ownership.

At the end of the day, what really matters?
Yep, same with the end of the universe--whether one drove a BMW or not, of course.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

My assistant's BF has a G35. I've driven it extensively.
Nice car for 1/2 the $ of a V8 5 ('45 or '50).
As far as getting your ass handed to you; all I'll say is that you must be parking ou car in JonD's garage!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SergeyM' post='231149
Originally Posted by ats77' post='231115' date='Jan 28 2006, 06:20 PM
how da were you racing??? Is it not 60mph in the US???

lucky man, wat u paid 4 is wat u wanted why did ya buy e60???

If you wanna win drags buy a Porsche or a diesel for more torque

What's the stats on the other car?

There is no way G35 could beat BMW 545. G35 auto is low-mid 6s 0-60 car. Manuals can do 5.6 at best. I had a recent encouter with G35 coupe and it was no contest above 100mph. G is not geared to be fast at those speeds. The guy either kidding or does not know how to dryve SMG or it was a modded G35.
[/quote]
Old 01-29-2006, 03:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

I've had plenty of encounters with G35s and my 545 has never lost or even come close to losing.

My old 530 was a different story...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

there is something very wrong ..... since it was a Japanese rice sushi car I suspect maybe some heavy engine tuning under the hood....

but a standart G35 faster then 545i????
Old 01-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,manufactured 2-27-08,delivered 4-2-08.Platinum bronze,natural brown interior,light poplar trim,cold weather package,heated rear seats,HD radio

Originally Posted by GUESSVVHOO' post='231099' date='Jan 28 2006, 05:19 PM
CAN SOME 1 TELL ME HOW I GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY MY FRIENDS G35 SEDAN AND NOT JUST O-60 IM TALKING ABOUT UP TO 110 MPH. HES NOT A GOOD DRIVER IT WAS A STR8 AWAY AND I STILL LOST.I WILL NEVER TRUST ANY CAR MAG STATS AGAIN...... OH AND BY THE WAY I HAVE A 545 SMG WITH B&B EXHAUST AND K N FILTER.
Your story is mighty short on details.Was it a real drag race from a dead stop,even start?There is no way a skilled driver in a 545 loses to a G35 with all factors being equal.The G35 is fast enough that if he takes off first the 545 would have a difficult time catching him untill well after 100mph.If you don't disable your DSC/DTC you will lose about .5 sec to 60 mph.Maybe he is a better driver than you guve him credit for.Those of us who are very interested in acceleration pay attention to the smallest detail in order to get the most from our cars.It is not enough to stab the gas and trust that your car will perform up to its designed maximum.As I previously stated the G35 is a fast car,you can not expect to blow it away by just stepping on the gas.

Maybe you juat overrated your driving skills.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by grogan545' post='231344' date='Jan 29 2006, 01:25 PM
Your story is mighty short on details.Was it a real drag race from a dead stop,even start?There is no way a skilled driver in a 545 loses to a G35 with all factors being equal.The G35 is fast enough that if he takes off first the 545 would have a difficult time catching him untill well after 100mph.If you don't disable your DSC/DTC you will lose about .5 sec to 60 mph.Maybe he is a better driver than you guve him credit for.Those of us who are very interested in acceleration pay attention to the smallest detail in order to get the most from our cars.It is not enough to stab the gas and trust that your car will perform up to its designed maximum.As I previously stated the G35 is a fast car,you can not expect to blow it away by just stepping on the gas.

Maybe you juat overrated your driving skills.
so man when your car was "relivered"... what was it like
Old 01-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by GUESSVVHOO' post='231099' date='Jan 28 2006, 05:19 PM
CAN SOME 1 TELL ME HOW I GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY MY FRIENDS G35 SEDAN AND NOT JUST O-60 IM TALKING ABOUT UP TO 110 MPH. HES NOT A GOOD DRIVER IT WAS A STR8 AWAY AND I STILL LOST.I WILL NEVER TRUST ANY CAR MAG STATS AGAIN...... OH AND BY THE WAY I HAVE A 545 SMG WITH B&B EXHAUST AND K N FILTER.
I used to race cars and motorcycles on area road courses. I have found that most modifications affecting the intake and exhaust results in less power being made, not more. Even though it sounds louder, it probably is slower. There needs to be a balance between intake, fuel delivery and exhaust restriction/flow.
I went to the B&B website and did a quick look around and there is one non-specific claim to more power. I suspect this could be part of your negative encounter.
If you go to www.dinanbmw.com you see specific numbers for components and more importantly combinations of components, I would feel more comfortable with this type of performance claims.
I don't have specific knowledge for either B&B or Dinan, just using previous experiences I have had.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='231363
I used to race cars and motorcycles on area road courses. I have found that most modifications affecting the intake and exhaust results in less power being made, not more. Even though it sounds louder, it probably is slower. There needs to be a balance between intake, fuel delivery and exhaust restriction/flow.
I went to the B&B website and did a quick look around and there is one non-specific claim to more power. I suspect this could be part of your negative encounter.
If you go to www.dinanbmw.com you see specific numbers for components and more importantly combinations of components, I would feel more comfortable with this type of performance claims.
I don't have specific knowledge for either B&B or Dinan, just using previous experiences I have had.
[/quote]
I agrre with you man. 100%.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Lots of claims on here to insinuate that you what happened should have never happened, however, I raced two 350z's heads up at an 1/8 mile track. (I would think the 350z would be faster than the G35, and if not, they would be VERY close.) One was completly stock (as is my 545) and the other had a performance exhaust. Granted, it was only an 1/8 mile so we did not hit high speeds, but while I beat both of them in time, the modified 350z actually won the race because he was a little quicker off the light.

All I am saying is that those cars are fairly quick and at a minimum can keep up with the 545 in straight line acceleration from 0-70ish, perhaps your friend just has a "good" one. It sounds like your upset with the amount of money you spent versus the performance, in which case, there are multiple "lesser" cars which will outperm our beloved BMW's for a fraction of the price, it gets down to preference and why you buy what you buy.

Quick Reply: F*CKING DISGRACED