E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

F*CKING DISGRACED

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Znod' post='231383
so man when your car was "relivered"... what was it like
I've missed the "relivered" part, but grogan is an excellent drag racer, and his un-modded Step 545i is very fast. He has obtained at least one, and perhaps two, 5.0 zero to 60 results and gets through 1/8's in the 8.7's as I recall. I agree with all he says. I mentioned once before that I rolled with a G35, it took quite a while to pass him, but I did so before 100 MPH. He went sooner than I did, and, as grogan indicates, that makes things double hard. If cars are reasonably closely matched, then it is very hard to make up lost .10's of seconds.
[/quote]

simply stating that he misspelled delivered in his siggy thats all

Originally Posted by Znod' post='231554' date='Jan 29 2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, I see. We all misunderstood what 700700 was saying. grogan got a new liver 11/10/03. So, it was him that was "relivered."
oh, really ... sorry about mentioning it then
Old 01-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='231576' date='Jan 29 2006, 02:21 PM
I absolutely stand by my comment. If you or anyone is "street racing", you are moron! And, anyone who is street racing deserves and should be called a moron. First, street racing in illegal, and can land you in Prison for a good chunk of time. I think someone who risks going to prison for a cheap thrill is a moron. Second, you can seriously injure or kill innocent people when street racing, which will only compound point one, and devastate innocent family and friends. I believe deliberately doing illegal activities, which can injure and hurt innocent people does make a person a moron.

How in the world can anyone condone ILLEGAL actions, which could result in prison, serious injury, or death?
You can make your point without calling people names.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='231576
Originally Posted by Znod' post='231221' date='Jan 29 2006, 10:44 AM
[quote name='PoliticalAid007' post='231212' date='Jan 28 2006, 09:33 PM']
Who Friggin cares! Geez! I consider people who drag race their cars morons. If you want to race, go to a race track and become a "real" race car driver. I have seen way too many accidents from street racing. It is a serious danger to others. Enjoy the BMW for what it is meant to do, drive very, very well. Take it out on the back roads, have some fun, but drive SAFE.
I don't think we, on this forum, are into flaming; disrespecting others their opinions, or their foilbles; or being impolite. I do some ocassional street racing when it is safe enought IMO--which is not a justifiable reason for doing an irresponsible thing. But, I am not a moron nor do I like being referred to as one. What are your foibles? Do you talk on your cell phone while driving? Do you drive under the influence whether or not feeling the effects? Do you drive over the speed limit? You can tell the truth here. Most of us won't call you a moron. And, why are the back roads so safe? It's a matter of opinion and preference, right? But, if one disagrees with another, it doesn't make him or her a moron, right?
Yup totally agreed, I think we are all mature and responsible adults, but sometimes we just act like a kid behind the wheels Maybe the E60 make us feel young again.

Edit: Not that I am old, I am not even 30 yet.
[/quote]

I absolutely stand by my comment. If you or anyone is "street racing", you are moron! And, anyone who is street racing deserves and should be called a moron. First, street racing in illegal, and can land you in Prison for a good chunk of time. I think someone who risks going to prison for a cheap thrill is a moron. Second, you can seriously injure or kill innocent people when street racing, which will only compound point one, and devastate innocent family and friends. I believe deliberately doing illegal activities, which can injure and hurt innocent people does make a person a moron.

How in the world can anyone condone ILLEGAL actions, which could result in prison, serious injury, or death?
[/quote]
Maybe go to the Toyota Camry forum, I hear they don't go over 56 or at most 57 miles per hour.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='231634
Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='231223' date='Jan 28 2006, 06:50 PM
[quote name='Znod' post='231221' date='Jan 29 2006, 10:44 AM']
Who Friggin cares! Geez! I consider people who drag race their cars morons. If you want to race, go to a race track and become a "real" race car driver. I have seen way too many accidents from street racing. It is a serious danger to others. Enjoy the BMW for what it is meant to do, drive very, very well. Take it out on the back roads, have some fun, but drive SAFE.
I don't think we, on this forum, are into flaming; disrespecting others their opinions, or their foilbles; or being impolite. I do some ocassional street racing when it is safe enought IMO--which is not a justifiable reason for doing an irresponsible thing. But, I am not a moron nor do I like being referred to as one. What are your foibles? Do you talk on your cell phone while driving? Do you drive under the influence whether or not feeling the effects? Do you drive over the speed limit? You can tell the truth here. Most of us won't call you a moron. And, why are the back roads so safe? It's a matter of opinion and preference, right? But, if one disagrees with another, it doesn't make him or her a moron, right?
Yup totally agreed, I think we are all mature and responsible adults, but sometimes we just act like a kid behind the wheels Maybe the E60 make us feel young again.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe go to the Toyota Camry forum, I hear they don't go over 56 or at most 57 miles per hour.
[/quote]

that's good
Old 01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='231634
Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='231223' date='Jan 28 2006, 06:50 PM
[quote name='Znod' post='231221' date='Jan 29 2006, 10:44 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Either way, I think street racing is a bad thing period. Having fun and putting others' lives in danger at the same time is totally reckless and unacceptable.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='231576' date='Jan 30 2006, 06:21 AM

Have you ever seen a real street race? Here's my little experience, I was driving at night 4AM one day and all of a sudden, 10+ rice rockets blow by me. They don't care for other cars on the road (me) as they just cuts right in front of me to make the most use of the road and after a few miles ahead, I saw them gathering at a gas station. The whole thing is planned by these guys now I would consider that street racing and not two guys trying to outrun each other to the next light.

Name calling other members on this forum is unacceptable IMO, what makes you think you are a better person and that you have the rights to call other morons? Did you have the actually IQ test done to show others that you are indeed smarter?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='231642

Have you ever seen a real street race? Here's my little experience, I was driving at night 4AM one day and all of a sudden, 10+ rice rockets blow by me. They don't care for other cars on the road (me) as they just cuts right in front of me to make the most use of the road and after a few miles ahead, I saw them gathering at a gas station. The whole thing is planned by these guys now I would consider that street racing and not two guys trying to outrun each other to the next light.

Name calling other members on this forum is unacceptable IMO, what makes you think you are a better person and that you have the rights to call other morons? Did you have the actually IQ test done to show others that you are indeed smarter?
[/quote]
I think we are all viewing different circumstances. I street race ( You can see my latest work at "Raced an Audi S4 4.2" in this forum) but I'm not cutting people off and driving on sidewalks when I do it. I have been driving for many years and have NEVER crashed into anyone or anything, I do not even have a door ding on my 545is. I have done an "indicated" 160 mph with my E60 on the street as well, there was only one other car on the road- the 350Z behind me.
I think you are on the wrong forum to preach your Department of Motor Vehicles mantra.
One thing I will agree with, Don't drive beyond your capabilities.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:12 PM
rem
Members

Guys, I have a 545/6. Bought it in Nov. 2003. I have NEVER had a G35 even TRY to take me on. That would be STUPID. Any 545/6 owner who got spanked by a G35 does NOT know how to drive. EOD
Old 01-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rem' post='231646' date='Jan 29 2006, 08:12 PM
Guys, I have a 545/6. Bought it in Nov. 2003. I have NEVER had a G35 even TRY to take me on. That would be STUPID. Any 545/6 owner who got spanked by a G35 does NOT know how to drive. EOD
I never really thought of turning off the DCS and traction control, is the car much faster with it off?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='231645
Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='231576' date='Jan 30 2006, 06:21 AM

I think we are all viewing different circumstances. I street race ( You can see my latest work at "Raced an Audi S4 4.2" in this forum) but I'm not cutting people off and driving on sidewalks when I do it. I have been driving for many years and have NEVER crashed into anyone or anything, I do not even have a door ding on my 545is. I have done an "indicated" 160 mph with my E60 on the street as well, there was only one other car on the road- the 350Z behind me.
I think you are on the wrong forum to preach your Department of Motor Vehicles mantra.
One thing I will agree with, Don't drive beyond your capabilities.
[/quote]

Hey don't shoot the by-stander. Are you agreeing with what he say that people like us who drag "race" with the guy next to us is a moron. I have to disagree with that, sorry for defending myself.

Let's stop here before this topic gets lock.

Quick Reply: F*CKING DISGRACED