E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Austria last week (in the E60 ).

And on my way back to Denmark, at Autobahn A9 between N?rnberg and Berlin I saw some white US spec E60 on a truck, with german export plates on!! That must have been some cars on their way to the ship after a ED

One of the cars was a E60 white with alpinas wheels!! I did look awsome
Old 02-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Veight' post='243174' date='Feb 20 2006, 11:07 AM
I have some questions on ED. I am planning on going on May 8 right now. From chicago I can fly direct to Germany. You mentioned a high speed train. How conveinient is it and how expensive. How long does it take on the train to Munich?

I plan on doing ED as quickly as possible and return the car and fly home.

I want to fly outof chicago on a saturday and fly out of Munich late Monday, early tuesday.

How long did it take you to get your car once you handed it back to Europe?
Below is a December 23 post made for Euro Delivery for my son's 330 which addresses your question.

I just got back last night from my two day trip to Munich for European Delivery of my son's 330. My flight left Chicago on Saturday evening at 9:15 pm CST. After a two hour layover in London I arrived in Munich at 3:00 pm Central Euopean Time on Sunday. After arriving at my hotel, I had a wonderful Bavarian dinner, not low calorie fare, and great beer. The next morning I was at the BMW Delivery Center at 7:30 am to pick up the 330. Then I drove into Munich to photograph a wonderful building that I am interested in. I spent the rest of the morning driving around Munich. By 1:30 pm I had dropped the car off at the shipping company, E H Harms. My flight left at 3:15 pm CEST by 6:15 CST I was back in Chicago. In theory one could do the trip in one day, especially if you live on the East Coast. I would like to have spent more time in Munich, but I was really pressed for time for business and personal reasons right before the holidays.

This was my third European Delivery trip. The last two were for three week vacations. European Delivery is absolutely great deal. I highly recommend it. The savings are substantial. Plus if you roll it into a vacation, you get a great vacation out of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
When you purchase your vehicle in Europe, can it still be financed the way one would normally finance it in the United States?

How much do you figure your trip to your Germany will cost?

Yes, it can be financed normally with the following caveats. I always deal with BMW Financial Services. They are set up to do it as a loan or lease deal. BMW FS adds .0003 to the lease rate and it credits you the second month lease payment. This is a wash when compared to a conventional BMW FS lease. One downside to this is that you in effect, when buying or leasing the car, are making 1 1/2 to two payments when the car is in transit back to the US. Generally BMW FS has better rates than a bank would. I am not sure how a US bank would look at Euro Delivery. If leasing the residual value is based upon US MSRP not Euro Delivery MSRP. This makes a significant difference in the buyer's favor. I fought long and hard to get BMW to stop the dealers from shafting BMW customers on this one. The difference is two to three thousand dollars on a leased ED car.

My expenses were:
Flight on United Airlines from Chicago: $510
Train to Munich City Center: $15
Sunday evening meal with beer: $20
4 Star Hotel: $100
Cab to the BMW Delivery Center: $20
Breakfast at BMW Delivery Center: $0
Cab fare from the vehicle drop off to the airport: $33
Total: $698.

Cost of the car itself: $800 over ED Wholesale Pricing. US MSRP for the 330 loaded: $45,500. Price that my son paid: $39,975 plus taxes and fees. It was an absolutely great deal plus I thoroughly enjoy doing it. He got the car from Kelly Ho at Pacific BMW in LA. He and I talked to numerous LA BMW dealers. Kelly was awesome.

If you do Euro Delivery, take the factory tour, and after the break in period drive 133 mph or higher, weather and traffic permitting, on the autobahn. I could not help but have the highest respect and enthusiasm for BMW and its cars after I did this. After doing ED the first time and my first ownership experience with an 01 530, I decided that as long as I was financially able to do so I would drive BMWs and do Euro Delivery. European Delivery has cemented the relationship for me.

2.21.06 The best strategy for a cost effective Euro Delivery trip is as follows.
1. Fly into Munich. Take the commuter train to the main train station in Munich. This cheap compared to the $90 cab ride. Across from the main train station is Le Meridien Munich, Bayerstrasse 41, Munich, 80335 , Germany. It is in a great location. No cab ride to get there. Right next to the city center.
2. A wonderful, traditional German beer garden (restaurant) is nearby in the old town section of Munich, Augustiner Bierhalle. It is a 3 block walk from the hotel. This place is great. The German beer is the best in the world. The stuff that comes over here has preservatives in it. The German Beer purity laws date back to the 1700's and forbid extra chemicals. The food is very good also.
3. If you would like suggestions for a longer trip, email me.
4. You should pay only approximately $1200 over ED invoice. The Chicago BMW claim that they don't discount off of ED Invoice pricing, but the do. If you lease make sure that the residual is based upon US MSRP.

Drop off to Chicago times: 5 to 6 weeks if you drop off in Munich.

Euro Delivery is a great deal and fun. I did it 3 times so far.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by RolandKelly' post='193630' date='Nov 4 2005, 05:27 PM
Hello Guys,

Thought I'd check in before leaving for Germany on Wednesday next. I am doing my 4th ED in 6 years and was wondering, as I have not done it since May 2003, if there are any new tips for a smooth delivery.

From earlier trips I now know to

1) purchase and install keyed locking wheel nuts
2) buy as many accessories I can fit into a suitcase from the large dealership parts dept on the Frankfurter Ring
3) park the car in hotel and supervised parking lots
4) keep all the keys on my person as absence of keys can invalidate the insurance policy for theft
5) bring my newly purchased Euro NAV DVD
6) bring lots of Euro for buying gas and everything else that is soo expensive in Europe (except the crusty french bread, creamy cheese and fine French wines..anyone jealous yet..just kidding)
6) take ALL accessories including tools/first aid kit/hazard triangle back with me in the suitcase , as these may not all reappear in the USA

Any other advice ?

My wife and I are flying into Frankfurt (AA does not do Munich this time of year), then next day take the high speed train to Munchen. Spend 4 nights at the Marriott (points) then drive across Germany and into France , planning to stay at a winery in the Mosel region (found on a review on the Wall St J, very good rates..then arriving in a Paris suburb for 4 more nights, back to USA 11/21).

Will report back on the whole experience >)

Cheers, Roland

2006 550 Monaco Blue/Auburn
6 Speed Manual/PDC/Folding Rear Seats/Prem Sound/Sport Package/Cold Weather Package/Heated Rear Seats/Comfort Seats/NAV/ Full Satelite Radio (will this work in Europe ??)

PS. Kids will stay at home with Grandma and Grandpa....boy will we miss them ! LOL
A few things you might want to conseder
You can probably get the accessories cheaper in the states because of the exchange rate.
Don't forget your International Drivers Licence.And get your Vingneta,(I think thats the way you spell it),at the border crossings. You still have time to get any questions answered at www bimmerfest.com European Delivery forum if you have any. If you would have went there a while ago you could have rented the NAV dise for $25 from Bee Wang.Good luck Enjoy your trip I know I did.
cheers
vern
Old 02-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' post='243622' date='Feb 21 2006, 09:05 AM
Below is a December 23 post made for Euro Delivery for my son's 330 which addresses your question.

I just got back last night from my two day trip to Munich for European Delivery of my son's 330. My flight left Chicago on Saturday evening at 9:15 pm CST. After a two hour layover in London I arrived in Munich at 3:00 pm Central Euopean Time on Sunday. After arriving at my hotel, I had a wonderful Bavarian dinner, not low calorie fare, and great beer. The next morning I was at the BMW Delivery Center at 7:30 am to pick up the 330. Then I drove into Munich to photograph a wonderful building that I am interested in. I spent the rest of the morning driving around Munich. By 1:30 pm I had dropped the car off at the shipping company, E H Harms. My flight left at 3:15 pm CEST by 6:15 CST I was back in Chicago. In theory one could do the trip in one day, especially if you live on the East Coast. I would like to have spent more time in Munich, but I was really pressed for time for business and personal reasons right before the holidays.

This was my third European Delivery trip. The last two were for three week vacations. European Delivery is absolutely great deal. I highly recommend it. The savings are substantial. Plus if you roll it into a vacation, you get a great vacation out of the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
When you purchase your vehicle in Europe, can it still be financed the way one would normally finance it in the United States?

How much do you figure your trip to your Germany will cost?
Yes, it can be financed normally with the following caveats. I always deal with BMW Financial Services. They are set up to do it as a loan or lease deal. BMW FS adds .0003 to the lease rate and it credits you the second month lease payment. This is a wash when compared to a conventional BMW FS lease. One downside to this is that you in effect, when buying or leasing the car, are making 1 1/2 to two payments when the car is in transit back to the US. Generally BMW FS has better rates than a bank would. I am not sure how a US bank would look at Euro Delivery. If leasing the residual value is based upon US MSRP not Euro Delivery MSRP. This makes a significant difference in the buyer's favor. I fought long and hard to get BMW to stop the dealers from shafting BMW customers on this one. The difference is two to three thousand dollars on a leased ED car.

My expenses were:
Flight on United Airlines from Chicago: $510
Train to Munich City Center: $15
Sunday evening meal with beer: $20
4 Star Hotel: $100
Cab to the BMW Delivery Center: $20
Breakfast at BMW Delivery Center: $0
Cab fare from the vehicle drop off to the airport: $33
Total: $698.

Cost of the car itself: $800 over ED Wholesale Pricing. US MSRP for the 330 loaded: $45,500. Price that my son paid: $39,975 plus taxes and fees. It was an absolutely great deal plus I thoroughly enjoy doing it. He got the car from Kelly Ho at Pacific BMW in LA. He and I talked to numerous LA BMW dealers. Kelly was awesome.

If you do Euro Delivery, take the factory tour, and after the break in period drive 133 mph or higher, weather and traffic permitting, on the autobahn. I could not help but have the highest respect and enthusiasm for BMW and its cars after I did this. After doing ED the first time and my first ownership experience with an 01 530, I decided that as long as I was financially able to do so I would drive BMWs and do Euro Delivery. European Delivery has cemented the relationship for me.

2.21.06 The best strategy for a cost effective Euro Delivery trip is as follows.
1. Fly into Munich. Take the commuter train to the main train station in Munich. This cheap compared to the $90 cab ride. Across from the main train station is Le Meridien Munich, Bayerstrasse 41, Munich, 80335 , Germany. It is in a great location. No cab ride to get there. Right next to the city center.
2. A wonderful, traditional German beer garden (restaurant) is nearby in the old town section of Munich, Augustiner Bierhalle. It is a 3 block walk from the hotel. This place is great. The German beer is the best in the world. The stuff that comes over here has preservatives in it. The German Beer purity laws date back to the 1700's and forbid extra chemicals. The food is very good also.
3. If you would like suggestions for a longer trip, email me.
4. You should pay only approximately $1200 over ED invoice. The Chicago BMW claim that they don't discount off of ED Invoice pricing, but the do. If you lease make sure that the residual is based upon US MSRP.

Drop off to Chicago times: 5 to 6 weeks if you drop off in Munich.

Euro Delivery is a great deal and fun. I did it 3 times so far.
Where did you find ED invoice. Do you know what that is on a 550. I see that Euro MSRP is 53,380.

The information is very helpful, thanks.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by Veight' post='243967' date='Feb 21 2006, 09:54 PM
Where did you find ED invoice.
page 2 of this
http://www.e60.net/information/2006_...es_Pricing.pdf