E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E39 540iA Sport TiSilver/Bleack Leather NAV, PDC, DSP, Shades, CWP E60 550 6 Speed 2008 MY Euro Del (Thanksgiving 2007, Munich Germany)

Hi FJPM,

Staying close to the CDG airport. Is there any riot related disturbences in that area ? Can you let me know which are the areas to absolutely avoid in Paris as regards general hazards and the present disturbences ?

Thanks ! Roland
Old 11-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributors

I don't know if I would take my brand new car to Paris right now. It seems too crazy over there. Better stay in Munich and enjoy the beers. I stayed at the Marriott, also. Really convienent as it is just 3 exits away from the delivery center, by S-Bahn.

Have fun!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i , ED June 27th, Awaiting Redelivery

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Old 11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RolandKelly' post='193641' date='Nov 4 2005, 06:04 PM
Ex. Dublin,Ireland (my new car is exactly 200% of the price in Dublin compared to what I pay !! death and taxes !!)
Hey Roland - I'm ex-Wexford (12 yrs ago) & ex-Dublin (8 yrs ago). Sure is cheaper over here for sure - car and petrol (that's what we call gas folks!).

- Sean
Old 11-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

Originally Posted by RolandKelly' post='194001' date='Nov 5 2005, 10:27 PM
Hi FJPM,

Staying close to the CDG airport. Is there any riot related disturbences in that area ? Can you let me know which are the areas to absolutely avoid in Paris as regards general hazards and the present disturbences ?

Thanks ! Roland
First these riots must be considered similar to the ones which hit L.A. some years ago.
The CDG area it self has not been touched but the whole North and East suburbs of Paris are difficult for the time being at night. Which includes the zone between Paris and CDGEven if it is very serious, it is very scatered. Paris downtown is OK.
If your hotel is an high class one and having an indoor parking it is OK.
The problem is how to commute to go to Paris downtown for visiting. Because the RER (suburban train network) is severly perturbated for the time being. I will not recommend to take it at night going north.

My advice: yes you can come to Paris but take a good hotel downtown with a private parking or a good hotel located in Western suburbs it will be by far more convenient for visiting.

Do not hesitate t contact me directly if you need fufther informations.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Contributors

Hey bring me an aedor no. 6 reserve cognac. I pay you when you get back. (Oh man..i wish i could have a bottle of that cognac for Thanks Giving or Xmas.)
Old 11-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

I did ED in March/April 2004 and dropped off in Paris. I learned that they don't man the drop off trailer at the airport all the time, so you should call in advance to set it up. I believe they are closed on Sundays and state holidays, also. To save on parking (and keep my car safe), I dropped the car off immediately when I arrived in Paris and took the regional train to the center of Paris where I was staying.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

Originally Posted by NC530i' post='194206' date='Nov 6 2005, 04:05 PM
I did ED in March/April 2004 and dropped off in Paris. I learned that they don't man the drop off trailer at the airport all the time, so you should call in advance to set it up. I believe they are closed on Sundays and state holidays, also. To save on parking (and keep my car safe), I dropped the car off immediately when I arrived in Paris and took the regional train to the center of Paris where I was staying.
Superb idea: drop the car asap in Paris and stay downtown
Old 11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='193884
Hello Guys,

Thought I'd check in before leaving for Germany on Wednesday next. I am doing my 4th ED in 6 years and was wondering, as I have not done it since May 2003, if there are any new tips for a smooth delivery.

From earlier trips I now know to

1) purchase and install keyed locking wheel nuts
2) buy as many accessories I can fit into a suitcase from the large dealership parts dept on the Frankfurter Ring
3) park the car in hotel and supervised parking lots
4) keep all the keys on my person as absence of keys can invalidate the insurance policy for theft
5) bring my newly purchased Euro NAV DVD
6) bring lots of Euro for buying gas and everything else that is soo expensive in Europe (except the crusty french bread, creamy cheese and fine French wines..anyone jealous yet..just kidding)
6) take ALL accessories including tools/first aid kit/hazard triangle back with me in the suitcase , as these may not all reappear in the USA

Any other advice ?

My wife and I are flying into Frankfurt (AA does not do Munich this time of year), then next day take the high speed train to Munchen. Spend 4 nights at the Marriott (points) then drive across Germany and into France , planning to stay at a winery in the Mosel region (found on a review on the Wall St J, very good rates..then arriving in a Paris suburb for 4 more nights, back to USA 11/21).

Will report back on the whole experience >)

Cheers, Roland

2006 550 Monaco Blue/Auburn
6 Speed Manual/PDC/Folding Rear Seats/Prem Sound/Sport Package/Cold Weather Package/Heated Rear Seats/Comfort Seats/NAV/ Full Satelite Radio (will this work in Europe ??)

PS. Kids will stay at home with Grandma and Grandpa....boy will we miss them ! LOL
Also take the European license plates off when you drop off the car for a nice souvenir.

I think Harms lets you take 1 of the 2 plates with you, but you can ask them to put the remaing one under the trunk floor on top of the spare tire, so you will have it when you take re-delivery in the USA.

If you drop off in Italy, the driver needs both plates, but you can tell him to leave both under the trunk floor on top of the spare tire.

Remember to bring the ED packet you get in the mail before you fly out there! It contains the confirmation letter (just in case) and ticket for a free meal at the cafe at the ED center.

Have fun!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Senior Members

Also, another point to consider is that taking Euros from here is usually very expensive for the fees that are charged and the rates they give. It is much cheaper to just use your ATM card at an ATM at the airport where you land and then again at major ATM locations in towns across Europe. Also, you only have the amount of cash you need as you go, rather than risk carrying a large amount if somehow your wallet gets stolen or otherwise.

Quick Reply: European Delivery