E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E39 540iA Sport TiSilver/Bleack Leather NAV, PDC, DSP, Shades, CWP E60 550 6 Speed 2008 MY Euro Del (Thanksgiving 2007, Munich Germany)

Hello Guys,

Thought I'd check in before leaving for Germany on Wednesday next. I am doing my 4th ED in 6 years and was wondering, as I have not done it since May 2003, if there are any new tips for a smooth delivery.

From earlier trips I now know to

1) purchase and install keyed locking wheel nuts
2) buy as many accessories I can fit into a suitcase from the large dealership parts dept on the Frankfurter Ring
3) park the car in hotel and supervised parking lots
4) keep all the keys on my person as absence of keys can invalidate the insurance policy for theft
5) bring my newly purchased Euro NAV DVD
6) bring lots of Euro for buying gas and everything else that is soo expensive in Europe (except the crusty french bread, creamy cheese and fine French wines..anyone jealous yet..just kidding)
6) take ALL accessories including tools/first aid kit/hazard triangle back with me in the suitcase , as these may not all reappear in the USA

Any other advice ?

My wife and I are flying into Frankfurt (AA does not do Munich this time of year), then next day take the high speed train to Munchen. Spend 4 nights at the Marriott (points) then drive across Germany and into France , planning to stay at a winery in the Mosel region (found on a review on the Wall St J, very good rates..then arriving in a Paris suburb for 4 more nights, back to USA 11/21).

Will report back on the whole experience >)

Cheers, Roland

2006 550 Monaco Blue/Auburn
6 Speed Manual/PDC/Folding Rear Seats/Prem Sound/Sport Package/Cold Weather Package/Heated Rear Seats/Comfort Seats/NAV/ Full Satelite Radio (will this work in Europe ??)

PS. Kids will stay at home with Grandma and Grandpa....boy will we miss them ! LOL
Old 11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Contributors

Have a great SAFE trip and take a lot of pictures!!!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Wot's an ED? (European delivery?) Does this mean you collect your new car from the factory and then drive it to a port somewhere for it to be shipped back to the USA? (How long does that take?)
Old 11-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Members

My Ride: E39 540iA Sport TiSilver/Bleack Leather NAV, PDC, DSP, Shades, CWP E60 550 6 Speed 2008 MY Euro Del (Thanksgiving 2007, Munich Germany)

Hi Kevin,

You got it. USA residents (maybe more) can collect their new cars in Munich and drive all over Europe , including to London and then return their car to a specified agent (I returned #2 to an office right by London Heathrow)..its a lot of fun and we save some $$$ along the way also.

Cheers,
Roland

Ex. Dublin,Ireland (my new car is exactly 200% of the price in Dublin compared to what I pay !! death and taxes !!)
Old 11-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Originally Posted by RolandKelly' post='193641' date='Nov 4 2005, 11:04 PM
Hi Kevin,

You got it. USA residents (maybe more) can collect their new cars in Munich and drive all over Europe , including to London and then return their car to a specified agent (I returned #2 to an office right by London Heathrow)..its a lot of fun and we save some $$$ along the way also.

Cheers,
Roland

Ex. Dublin,Ireland (my new car is exactly 200% of the price in Dublin compared to what I pay !! death and taxes !!)
Thanks Roland - I believe we in the UK could go and collect from the factory. I dream that maybe one day I'll do that pilgrimage.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Members

Roland: Try and remember in all the excitement at the delivery center to snap a photo of the odometer...always nice to do that for the scrapbook. Also, you might want to think about how you'll take a pic of the speedo when you're going 120-130mph. I didn't practice in the parked car and it made it difficult when I wanted the "top speed" pic.

Bring some microfiber towels in case you need to clean your virgin paintjob.

I'll be arriving Wed. in Frankfurt on AA70 from Dallas....one day ahead of you.....but I'm not picking up a car this time...just hanging out with a friend in Porsche country.

HAVE A FUN SAFE TRIP!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

No SAT Radio in Europe. Once it becomes big enough in US (working on legal agreements in Canada now) I expect it will migrate. Both XM and SIRIUS satellites only direct signals and coverage over NA. Some folks get confused up in Sweden area as there is a "SIRIUS" satellite TV system - just a coincidence
Old 11-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Can you do ED if you lease your car in America? In Canada if you lease your car you can't do ED.

I wish they have this for customer in Hong Kong, but then we would be driving towards the east instead of driving West where those are the place that I wanted to go.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats!!! Plz post pics at your car after your holiday. I have stayed at Marriott in Munich and it's nice! Have a great holiday in Europe.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

Originally Posted by RolandKelly' post='193630' date='Nov 4 2005, 11:27 PM
Hello Guys,

Thought I'd check in before leaving for Germany on Wednesday next. I am doing my 4th ED in 6 years and was wondering, as I have not done it since May 2003, if there are any new tips for a smooth delivery.

From earlier trips I now know to

1) purchase and install keyed locking wheel nuts
2) buy as many accessories I can fit into a suitcase from the large dealership parts dept on the Frankfurter Ring
3) park the car in hotel and supervised parking lots
4) keep all the keys on my person as absence of keys can invalidate the insurance policy for theft
5) bring my newly purchased Euro NAV DVD
6) bring lots of Euro for buying gas and everything else that is soo expensive in Europe (except the crusty french bread, creamy cheese and fine French wines..anyone jealous yet..just kidding)
6) take ALL accessories including tools/first aid kit/hazard triangle back with me in the suitcase , as these may not all reappear in the USA

Any other advice ?

My wife and I are flying into Frankfurt (AA does not do Munich this time of year), then next day take the high speed train to Munchen. Spend 4 nights at the Marriott (points) then drive across Germany and into France , planning to stay at a winery in the Mosel region (found on a review on the Wall St J, very good rates..then arriving in a Paris suburb for 4 more nights, back to USA 11/21).

Will report back on the whole experience >)

Cheers, Roland

2006 550 Monaco Blue/Auburn
6 Speed Manual/PDC/Folding Rear Seats/Prem Sound/Sport Package/Cold Weather Package/Heated Rear Seats/Comfort Seats/NAV/ Full Satelite Radio (will this work in Europe ??)

PS. Kids will stay at home with Grandma and Grandpa....boy will we miss them ! LOL
Do not overpass speed limits for more than 20 km/h in France: the police starts since short a real "speeding and drinking Mac Carthism".
Try to pepare your intinarary on internet using the Michelin site (www.michelin.fr). They indicates where the fix radar are located.

Take a lot of pull over with you because even if we are leaving a very abnormaly warm idian summer, Mosel area can be realy chilly.

Have a nive trip in Europe

In what Paris suburb do you intend to go?

Quick Reply: European Delivery