E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Electrical or software problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='1074568' date='Dec 16 2009, 04:16 PM
Well at least with your reported problems they should put it on diagnostic and look for fault codes and or faulty electric systems. I tend to think alternator/or other electrical. If software, it would have to be a corrupted system as you were fine for some long period, right? As of now your dealer should be up to at least ISTA/P 2.35.4 with 2.36 expected to be released sometime in December. No special fixes for older E6x that I can tell. Some fixes for some of the newer infotainment systems on MY10 E6x vehicles. More to do with some compatability and retrofit codes the new service center computer ask for than real problem with vehicle systems.
Yes, everything did work for more than one and a half years just fine.

Did send a mail to the actual guy who served my car asking to what ISTA/P version my car was upgraded to.
He was not available anymore Friday afternoon at 1 p.m., when I picked up my car.

My car is fully OEM except for the suspension.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i and X5 4.4

Originally Posted by dixon
when my stereo started acting up and cutting in n out with static noises and volume turning up real loud i had to replace the tcu unit which was about 1200 installed.....pretty cheezy
Dixon consider yourself lucky! I had the same problem took the car into my local BMW dealership a month and they couldn't find the problem. Asked me to return loss the use of my car for 3 additional days and got a nice bill for 2200. Now i'm fuming and looking for recourse because I can't believe how I got taken for a ride like that.
I suspect that it may not even of been the Dynamic Drive Control unit! Why you may ask because on the third day my car was to get e-test done in the morning and when I called at 3m they had replaced they unit yet they wheren't able to comunicate with it. When I went to pick it up they told me that they had found a burnt fuse. They charged me 1298 for the part alone. Now that I have been doing some research on the subject I see that I can purchase part 37-14-6-786-139 for under 600.
This is the second time that this BMW dealership has taken me for a ride. When purchased my E60 2 years ago from the US to import to Canada they replace my instrument comb so that I met the Canadian standards at a cost of 1398. Yet the odomoter that I had listed both in km and miles just like the X5 that I have also a 2005. My bill that first visit was 3543 so that my car met Canadian standards. Plus another 350 for letter of admisability into Canada.
Does anyone have the email to BMW hq because I need to bring this to there attention. I have spent close to 6,000 because my local dealership is upset that I went below the 49th parale to purchase my car. In fact, my service adviser when I was bitching about the bill on Friday made a remark to me saying that maybe I should go back to where I purchase my vehicle to complain.

BMW HQ email please because I've trying BMW Canada in the past and they have done nothing! In fact, from what I've read from fellow canucks they have had the same results when dealing with BMW Canada. This is my 5th bimmer but I'm getting really turned off by the service, integraty and customer support that I'm getting north of the 49th paralle!

Does anyone have any suggestions on retrabution?