E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Explorer...welcome

Get PML to slap on the friction tape and forget its there...don't worry about the looks because it removes the noise and eventually aids you in your concentration on the road ahead.

Video interface? Well, we all tried. The first couple of versions were good. We all enjoyed them, but when we tried the improved version (much later) there was disappointment all around. Forget about this mod.

Bikes? Well, you're right. You can have two on top and two at the rear. I remember those days when I had four at thje rear of my Civic. Don't ask me how I did it, but I did. But do remember to remove the racks when not in use. They cause a considerable amount of drag which results in increased petrol consumption.

The MOD of mods....you haven't already heard about it? The WING FLAPS!!! Every Singapore forumer here has installed it; its a great mod. Ask the rest......
Old 05-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='424924' date='May 16 2007, 02:33 PM
I have the bicyle rack for E60 and they are quite well designed.
Do you have a closeup picture of the E60 roof rack? Especially the base where the rack meets the roof and window? From the pictures I've seen, the grip seems to protrude into the window trimming. I can't confirm if it's so and I've not seen any E60 with it.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='425099' date='May 17 2007, 12:07 AM
Hi Explorer...welcome

Get PML to slap on the friction tape and forget its there...don't worry about the looks because it removes the noise and eventually aids you in your concentration on the road ahead.

Video interface? Well, we all tried. The first couple of versions were good. We all enjoyed them, but when we tried the improved version (much later) there was disappointment all around. Forget about this mod.

Bikes? Well, you're right. You can have two on top and two at the rear. I remember those days when I had four at thje rear of my Civic. Don't ask me how I did it, but I did. But do remember to remove the racks when not in use. They cause a considerable amount of drag which results in increased petrol consumption.

The MOD of mods....you haven't already heard about it? The WING FLAPS!!! Every Singapore forumer here has installed it; its a great mod. Ask the rest......
Yes, I absolutely trust the anti-friction tape to do its intended job, and plan to fix it now rather than wait for the inevitable. Speaking of such door squeaks, do MB/Audi/Lexus cars have such problem? If those cars have rubber/felt/suede lining too, don't they suffer from similar problems?

4 bikes at the rear? Now that's something I've never seen. I've only seen max 3 bikes at the rear.

After reading over 580 pages, I've heard of the wing flaps, but I obviously have no idea what they are. :-) Are the issues with your 545i resolved by PML?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Explorer' post='425297' date='May 17 2007, 10:18 AM
4 bikes at the rear? Now that's something I've never seen. I've only seen max 3 bikes at the rear.

Hahaha....those were the days; to tell you the truth, I'd never wanna revisit those days ever again.

After reading over 580 pages, I've heard of the wing flaps, but I obviously have no idea what they are. :-) Are the issues with your 545i resolved by PML?

Wing flaps are the stuff for your ride. The problems with the 545 were resolved sometime ago. I would not have had to put up with it for so long if PML had listened to my 2 cents worth in the first place. FYI, the car is now put on sale at PPS.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

So Ed, are your wing flaps included in the 545 or have you removed them for sale? I'm sure it'll add to the resale value of the car.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Yes, I absolutely trust the anti-friction tape to do its intended job, and plan to fix it now rather than wait for the inevitable. Speaking of such door squeaks, do MB/Audi/Lexus cars have such problem? If those cars have rubber/felt/suede lining too, don't they suffer from similar problems?
The squeaks are actually caused by the windows felt rubbing against the door frames. If you wind down the windows a little, there is no squeak. If you look at the windows designs of MB/Audi/Lexus, they are different from BMW, thus door squeaks are not known in them. Hiya, just get the Wing Flaps, step on the accelerator and you will soon forget about the squeaks.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='425451
The squeaks are actually caused by the windows felt rubbing against the door frames. If you wind down the windows a little, there is no squeak.
Tategoi, you may be wrong there. If this is the case, why then does the squeak go away when the friction tape is stuck on? It has no ctc with the glass or the inside of the door frame.

Your feedback that the sound goes away when the windows are wound down is not wrong. However, my theory is that when the glass is wound up, it firms up the window frame making it more rigid and thus more ctc with the body of the car. This causes the rubbing between the door and the main body of the car, thus causing the squeaks.

My thoughts.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Ed,
We saw you 545 at PPS but the Wing Flaps were gone. Did you sell to Greg? If not, you want to sell it to Explorer. It comes in handly to him. Give him a good price that he cannot reject.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='425797' date='May 18 2007, 04:05 PM
Give him a good price that he cannot reject.
Just don't spoil the market.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Members

Hi

New e60 member from singapore....

Just got my ride this week. e60 523 lci.

Zig u staying in cck as well?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans