E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by silverbeem' post='344393' date='Oct 13 2006, 10:45 AM
Hi All,
I just got an E60 after getting off E39. Hope to learn more about the car from you big brothers.
Car is stock condition. And one of things i want to do is to get myself a set of rims (17"- 18" rims). So if anyone offloading their rims, do let me know. I am sure you guys are into 19s.

Zig,
Nice meeting with you the other day at Hong Guan.

Cheers
Hi Silverbeem, welome! Yeah, most of us are in 19s except Zig! You can go to Ray-S at Kaki Bukit, they have plenty to choose from.

My advice for you is to bite the bullet and stay away from this Forum (at least this thread)! These guys here are killer modder; everyting from ICE to Wing Flaps....
Old 10-13-2006, 02:01 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by silverbeem' post='344519' date='Oct 13 2006, 05:52 PM
Hello fellow 'Tai Kor'

I think the biggest question is always ' Are you chiobu? '
And if it is not BU, then i think nobody interested liao.... kekekek
Anyway I am in IT industry doing the networking stuff - I am a hip techie not nerd hor.
Rest of the details, you will learn of as we get acquainted.
So do you guys meet up or do you join bmw-sg monthly?

Collin
brother,

u need not be a BU..
becos Adrian got lots of Chio bu to supply..

he is our GSO.

Also, if u need to know more mods...call our Prof of mods...Nuvi360..he is the king of mods!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

Hi All,
I just got an E60 after getting off E39. Hope to learn more about the car from you big brothers.
Car is stock condition. And one of things i want to do is to get myself a set of rims (17"- 18" rims). So if anyone offloading their rims, do let me know. I am sure you guys are into 19s.
Hi Sliverbeem. Welcome to the E60 forum.

No point getting used rims. I guarantee you they've been damaged and repaired before. Go for new ones; quite cheap at the moment. As for tyres, go for those verified with the SBS stamp. You'll be sure of top quality tyres; check with BZSAB.

Have you begun your mods yet? If not, you can always join one of our GTGs to find out more. BTW, newbies pay for drinks....

Also, we're planning on an overseas trip to one of the car shows in Europe the coming year. This is open only to E60 members, so if you're keen, pls let our organiser LMK know. Right now its looking like next year's Geneva show, but you never know; we may just change our minds to Tokyo because of work commitments.

Happy driving n modding
Old 10-13-2006, 04:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='344522' date='Oct 13 2006, 05:01 AM
brother,

u need not be a BU..
becos Adrian got lots of Chio bu to supply..

he is our GSO.

Also, if u need to know more mods...call our Prof of mods...Nuvi360..he is the king of mods!

silverbeam,
word of advise stay away or else you will mod like seow, i was a newbie then with in months im king of mods.its an addictive forum or used to be.

these gurus here are very influential andwill help you mod your car from performance ,ice all the way to sushi bars.dont bring your car to meet up your ride might get raped.ha ha

better have a deep pocket too
i got no self control so got hooked.

ziggy i hear you did ice at hong guan so how the setup?is it a blast.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Zig,
Nice meeting with you the other day at Hong Guan.

Cheers
Welcome to the club, Silverbeem. Is your E60 silver in colour? ;-)
Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nuvi360' post='344539' date='Oct 13 2006, 08:20 PM
ziggy i hear you did ice at hong guan so how the setup?is it a blast.
Workmanship is very good and I'm really impressed!

However, like you, I also have aeroplane sound. There are some rattling and resonance on the car when I turn up the music too. I was told to let the components run-in first before they do further optimisation. The 701 processor has not been RTA tuned too. I will be sending the car in next week for them to solve the aeroplane noise problem and fine tuning. Will keep you posted. ;-)
Old 10-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Members

My Ride: Dec 2004 - E60 - 520i - Silver with Black Leather - Stock to the bone

Looks like all the tai tai's here are into heavy makeup - SKII mods and overseas tea session. I dont have a deep pocket unfortunately .... If 'teh si', 'kopi' I think no problem. Drinks on the house. How many active folks here in the inner circle eh?

Anway i am going easy on mods - just a few essentials on my mind
1. rims
2. video interface
3. backup cam
4. tv tuner
5. rev sensor (option - originals are good but 3k is abit too much)
6. gps

Zig, yup i found a silver one at a pretty good price via pte sale. And it was really timely. So no chance for daily MRT rides that i promised my wife.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Members

The list of items esp no. 2,3,4,6 perhaps Mrs. Yankee and Prof. Bugaboo can help.

You can join my club, dun have much things in my car... i am a garang guni man.. i buy used parts from Edlee..

Originally Posted by silverbeem' post='344722' date='Oct 14 2006, 07:20 AM
Looks like all the tai tai's here are into heavy makeup - SKII mods and overseas tea session. I dont have a deep pocket unfortunately .... If 'teh si', 'kopi' I think no problem. Drinks on the house. How many active folks here in the inner circle eh?

1. rims
2. video interface
3. backup cam
4. tv tuner
6. gps

Zig, yup i found a silver one at a pretty good price via pte sale. And it was really timely. So no chance for daily MRT rides that i promised my wife.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Members

Golf GTI is definitely a better car than BMW320. I test drove it and thinking of buying it for my wife.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='343328' date='Oct 10 2006, 12:24 AM
Hi KSK. Seems you have not experienced any of the chronic BMW illness yet. I'd say that no other common car can match the ride but then again, no other car gives the owner as much problems as a BMW does.

The BMW thing is very much like drug consumption; you know its bad for you, but you definitely want another fix. I'm now trying to go cold turkey, but am already half defeated after viewing the E and S class.

So I'm just holding on to what I have right now and keeping my options open.

Bought a Golf GTI for my son instead of waiting for the 335i because he threw in the towel on this brand. He's had the car for 3 months now, and not a complaint, compared to the E46 which I bought him 2.5 years ago which had to be towed back to PML due to a gearbox problem within a week from delivery. Mind you, the GTI cost me 2/3 the price of the 320.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by silverbeem' post='344722' date='Oct 14 2006, 07:20 AM
1. rims
2. video interface
3. backup cam
4. tv tuner
6. gps

The video interface + iDrive control unit (to switch to video mode using iDrive) + backup cam will set you back by almost S$1K. A few of us bought them from a korean company call Doseong.

I'm also looking for a good TV tuner, preferably a very good analog version because digital ones have limited programming.

What reverse sensor are you talking about? I thought all 5-series have them?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans