E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='327371' date='Aug 26 2006, 08:38 PM
Read back about 80 pages on this same thread on this topic of PI vs "Exclusive Distributor".

The warranty is international. i.e. by the Continental car manufacturer e.g. BMWAsia, DaimlerChrysler, Volkswagon etc.

Its 3 years and not 2. But 5 years of free servicing/labour with very well equiped, knowledgeable/friendly workshops which does not in one bit look/feel any inferior to the PML/C&C ones (but sorry, still no Espresso machines). These workshops are usually manned by ex super-CSAs from PML/C&C respectively. E.g. MBM WheelPower, JuzzforCars etc etc.

The aftersales I got was very very good and I parted (yesterday) another $14+K for more mods, with another $6-8K in coming weeks. PML never managed to make me part with my money that convincingly in aftersales dept (not even Brendon ).

You save $15-20K, more options at another $10-25K... treated not like an idiot unlike some well dressed sales at those "exclusive distributor"... and excellent aftersales and advice on how to make your ride better.

e.g. BMWAsia only give 2 years warranty to PML customers, the 3rd year is from PML and there is a list of super extensive exclusions... such as the famous or infamous "cigarette lighter charger problem" which I was told should not be used to charge devices - as the warranty doesn't cover it!!!

Yes I got Christmas, Birthday cards from the "exclusive sales".... but they dunno their new products more than we do. My PI sales till today still serves me. Helps me send car in for service jobs, and on 1 occasion topped up my half tank to full! Had a dink during the 1K service and he got it taken care of at my home the very next day... what more can you ask for?

They believe in Avis' slogon : "We are not #1, but we try harder"......

More comments pls?
Heard a few horror stories about PIs in the past.... I think the worst one was a guy who bought a new S320..... or what he thought was a new S320..... there were many problems with the car and eventually, he decided to get it looked at by a third party.... they found that it was an accident car..... and decided to trace its history..... they eventually found that it was a write off car in the UK via insurance records and VIN numbers......

Eventually, the PI returned the money..... not sure which PI this was..... but its just one of the horror stories about buying from PIs.....

And the Mazda dealership here claim that the PI cars (esp RX8) not as well insulated compared to agent's car.... the word they use (same as BMW) is TROPICALIZED specs.......

What do you guys think??
Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 PM
lmk
Contributors

My next ride, i will consider PI.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
lmk
Contributors

i will stick to my BMW and not Audi!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GuruGreg' post='327420' date='Aug 27 2006, 01:14 PM
Heard a few horror stories about PIs in the past.... I think the worst one was a guy who bought a new S320..... or what he thought was a new S320..... there were many problems with the car and eventually, he decided to get it looked at by a third party.... they found that it was an accident car..... and decided to trace its history..... they eventually found that it was a write off car in the UK via insurance records and VIN numbers......

Eventually, the PI returned the money..... not sure which PI this was..... but its just one of the horror stories about buying from PIs.....

And the Mazda dealership here claim that the PI cars (esp RX8) not as well insulated compared to agent's car.... the word they use (same as BMW) is TROPICALIZED specs.......

What do you guys think??
C&C used this on me... PI countered by saying... you mean those western hemisphere countries don't have summmer meh? C&C even said... if you lose your key fob... PI cannot get replacement but they can... I simply hate to be treated like idiots... giving such nonsensical answers and expect me to believe....
Old 08-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by lmk' post='327433' date='Aug 27 2006, 02:24 PM
Saw TPs with cameras twice when I was on my way to Tampines on PIE this morning. One at Toa Payoh and the other one just before Tampines exit. Twice my 6th senses did not alert me. Luckily I was cruising within speed limits on the middle lane.

Just before the Tampines exit, an Audi came beside me on my right and cruised at 80kph with me for a while. He then accelerated suddenly, speeding past me and then braked suddenly less than 200m ahead. It looked like the entire drama might have been caught in camera by the TP. I hope the driver will be alright....
Old 08-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='327503' date='Aug 27 2006, 10:55 PM
Saw TPs with cameras twice when I was on my way to Tampines on PIE this morning. One at Toa Payoh and the other one just before Tampines exit. Twice my 6th senses did not alert me. Luckily I was cruising within speed limits on the middle lane.

Just before the Tampines exit, an Audi came beside me on my right and cruised at 80kph with me for a while. He then accelerated suddenly, speeding past me and then braked suddenly less than 200m ahead. It looked like the entire drama might have been caught in camera by the TP. I hope the driver will be alright....
Is the 95 "POI" Cameras on the MalSingMap/Garmin devices still accurate? i.e. the non stationary ones are at where they are supposed to be? Or more has propped up?

I was testing my newly modded R171 last night.... tried to do short bursts of the newly acquired torque and horses... pretty scary.... it sure is in the >6 seconds region.... But I kept attracting those WRX, RX8, EVOs and other heavily modded cars.. (typically the latter has a matt black bonnet that is different from the rest of the car body color and single BIG diameter exhaust. This particular one... probably a RX was doing his stunt at CTE towards City last night at about 10pm, maybe 3km before that traffic camera. I was on the right most lane with top down, wifey beside and dog on her lap ... there was probably just 1 car length betweeen me and the middle lane car... all going at maybe 100? He just did a downshift and I heard a "blast sound" and in 2 seconds, I lost him on the horizon...
Old 08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='327670' date='Aug 28 2006, 08:25 AM
This particular one... probably a RX was doing his stunt at CTE towards City last night at about 10pm, maybe 3km before that traffic camera. I was on the right most lane with top down, wifey beside and dog on her lap ... there was probably just 1 car length betweeen me and the middle lane car... all going at maybe 100? He just did a downshift and I heard a "blast sound" and in 2 seconds, I lost him on the horizon...
RX? which RX .. WRX or RX8?... gotta be WRX to pull off that quick?
you need to be sub 5 to play with those guys on sprinting/ short run! however... dun play with your top down just to be safe. SLK55 will have no problem going for the horizon. hehehehe!
have fun!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='327067' date='Aug 26 2006, 01:44 PM
Zag, u keen on PI M5? Got 3 units coming in. Interlagos, Silverstone and S black. I heard selling at 405K but I'm sure negotiable.
sounds good. price delta not enough pull ler! wondering if they are holding same OMV though.
saw another chap in bmw.sg just got his M5 from pml.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:04 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='327670' date='Aug 28 2006, 08:25 AM
Is the 95 "POI" Cameras on the MalSingMap/Garmin devices still accurate? i.e. the non stationary ones are at where they are supposed to be? Or more has propped up?

I was testing my newly modded R171 last night.... tried to do short bursts of the newly acquired torque and horses... pretty scary.... it sure is in the >6 seconds region.... But I kept attracting those WRX, RX8, EVOs and other heavily modded cars.. (typically the latter has a matt black bonnet that is different from the rest of the car body color and single BIG diameter exhaust. This particular one... probably a RX was doing his stunt at CTE towards City last night at about 10pm, maybe 3km before that traffic camera. I was on the right most lane with top down, wifey beside and dog on her lap ... there was probably just 1 car length betweeen me and the middle lane car... all going at maybe 100? He just did a downshift and I heard a "blast sound" and in 2 seconds, I lost him on the horizon...
not the POI in the Nuvi...

definitely not RX but should be Evos or REX's to go sub 5's...
Old 08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='327670' date='Aug 27 2006, 07:25 PM

alot of my young doctor friends all drive evos.track very often.sat in them before dam raw power but no comfort and rides very harsh. definately bang for bucks though.

maybe good for second car if one want to fix "need for speed".
but wifey sure complain why you want that kind of car, already complaining i drive too fast.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans