E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 AM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Nuvi bluetooth is really good, handsfree is clear and the address book synch is so much easier than the BMW! Unbelieveable for such a small gadget...you guys like the 3D map?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='293906' date='Jun 8 2006, 12:30 AM
Tcc, all the best to the repair work from PML. This is for the rest of forumers to know as well. Touch wood but if body works are needed for your ride, I highly recommend Stanley as the CSA to look for at PML. When my ride got hit, my M-mirror was decapitated from the door unit and a deep dent cut through half of the front door.

I brought in to PML immediately and Stanley leaped into action and organized immediately for a replaced M-mirror to be temporary fitted onto the door so that I can drive safely while awaiting survey and repair scheule. He also attempted to help me claim directly to third party insurance by contacting the manager of the third party insurance company. Unfortunately, it didnt work and I have to claim into my insurance first and then make a counter claim.

I find him to be more proficient in handling insurance claim then others, and ensuring the repair needs are taken care of immediately and thoroughly. His service standards not bad. If possible, request for Stanley to handle your case. He is quite accomodative, and very helpful if the outcome is not satisfactory and he will commit to redo without arguing. Unfortunately, the quality issue lies with the painters' skills and it is pretty much out of his control.

I am not renting a car and making any claim for loss of use since my home is just 10 mins walk from my workplace. In anycase, I still get around with a BMW in the meantime (Bus, MRT and Walk). Haha.

I will update the results of the workmanship once I get my ride back. Hopefully there is no unforseen delay as I am making the Melaka run this Sunday.
Fireplace,

I spoke to Stanley this morning regarding my repair. You are right, this guy very helpful and know what is good for the customer. I think he is quite senior and was able to override the earlier CSA advise to bring my car in today.

Honestly, he thought PML would not be so efficient as to start the repair immediately. So bringing my car in today would mean it would be lying around over the weekend and in total over 2 weekends (take around 10 working days). This would increase downtime and most importantly increase cost of the car rental (later insurance company may dispute). He was much helpful and frank unlike the CSA yesterday who just simply asked me to bring in my car today and FULLSTOP.

He has arranged for me to bring in the car on Monday for survey and then leave if for repair.

For the info, I was told that there is some guideline on the max daily amount as far as car rental is concerns. To avoid future dispute, I should try not to rent a car with a daily rental of not more than $180. So with this budget, there is no way I can rent a car near to our current ride. In fact advise is that I go a 1.6L Jap just to be safe. Hear already very Sianz.....
Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='294268' date='Jun 8 2006, 01:27 PM
I guess you'd only be considered a road hog when you're on the track.

It seems there'll not be much of a change in the upcoming facelifted E60. http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp...3&categoryId=22
LMK's wish may come thru (535i will also be available) but from what I hear, PML may not bring the 335i in, so it'll probably be the same for the 535i. Don't say it won't happen because they already deleted the 540 and 550 from the Singapore line-up.
I could not spot any difference at all, and even if there is, it's so minor that I wonder what's the point. With regards to the 335, I am pretty sure it will end up in Singapore. The brochure is already here in Singapore and I got a copy from the Sales Rep. I should think the price is about $240k, give or take.

But if the 535 is a reality, and if it makes it to Singapore, that would be something to look forward to since 540/550 is not possible to get here.

Then again, if 535 does make it here, it will have quite a short lifespan left before the next generation 5 series is out. Guess the best of the options is still the 335. New engine, new gear and new body all in one.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='294417' date='Jun 8 2006, 07:58 PM
Fireplace,

I spoke to Stanley this morning regarding my repair. You are right, this guy very helpful and know what is good for the customer. I think he is quite senior and was able to override the earlier CSA advise to bring my car in today.

Honestly, he thought PML would not be so efficient as to start the repair immediately. So bringing my car in today would mean it would be lying around over the weekend and in total over 2 weekends (take around 10 working days). This would increase downtime and most importantly increase cost of the car rental (later insurance company may dispute). He was much helpful and frank unlike the CSA yesterday who just simply asked me to bring in my car today and FULLSTOP.

He has arranged for me to bring in the car on Monday for survey and then leave if for repair.

For the info, I was told that there is some guideline on the max daily amount as far as car rental is concerns. To avoid future dispute, I should try not to rent a car with a daily rental of not more than $180. So with this budget, there is no way I can rent a car near to our current ride. In fact advise is that I go a 1.6L Jap just to be safe. Hear already very Sianz.....
Hi, I am glad that you find him good. Yes, he is more proactive and willing to go one step further than other CSA. Indeed, there is a guideline on car rental. In fact, I was told that even with the guideline, the insurance company will try to decline the claim. That's why I rather not rent and have the risk of not able to claim. For my case, the down time was not so bad and I seldom travel this week, so I won't bother to claim for loss of use.

I just keep my fingers crossed that my car will look good tomorrow. Will ask him to take good care of your ride when I see him tomorrow. Cheers!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='294400' date='Jun 8 2006, 07:11 PM
The Nuvi bluetooth is really good, handsfree is clear and the address book synch is so much easier than the BMW! Unbelieveable for such a small gadget...you guys like the 3D map?

LMK,

I have a question for you.

For the Nuvi, if i view the map and point to a destination, say 1 to 2 hundreds meter away (exact distance we don't know), can the Nuvi show the exact distance between this 2 points? In another word, I want to know the exact distance to an object that is below 200m, can this be achieve from the Nuvi?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:35 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='294423' date='Jun 8 2006, 08:35 PM
LMK,

I have a question for you.

For the Nuvi, if i view the map and point to a destination, say 1 to 2 hundreds meter away (exact distance we don't know), can the Nuvi show the exact distance between this 2 points? In another word, I want to know the exact distance to an object that is below 200m, can this be achieve from the Nuvi?
can.

mapview, point at the starting point. Loc position.
point at the second point, GO.
distance will be shown on the lower right corner.
the simulation will start.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='294420' date='Jun 8 2006, 08:16 PM
I could not spot any difference at all, and even if there is, it's so minor that I wonder what's the point. With regards to the 335, I am pretty sure it will end up in Singapore. The brochure is already here in Singapore and I got a copy from the Sales Rep. I should think the price is about $240k, give or take.

But if the 535 is a reality, and if it makes it to Singapore, that would be something to look forward to since 540/550 is not possible to get here.

Then again, if 535 does make it here, it will have quite a short lifespan left before the next generation 5 series is out. Guess the best of the options is still the 335. New engine, new gear and new body all in one.
the change is minimum.
the grills, the doors mostly.
I also think the 335i is the better option. with looks, gears and engine. pobably the look will last for another 3 years.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='294440' date='Jun 8 2006, 09:35 PM
can.

mapview, point at the starting point. Loc position.
point at the second point, GO.
distance will be shown on the lower right corner.
the simulation will start.
Theoritically, it is quite straight forward right? i.e to measure a shorter distance between two point. I wonder how accurate this could be.

Just have this wild thought if there is a simple device something like the Nuvi in the golf course. I can know the exact distance between my ball and the pin..wow..what does that mean? BZSAB, please take your Nuvi to the course and try out!!

To give an example, my home club at Orchid Country Club used to have a GPS installed in all their buggies (first in S'pore). This GPS give accurate distance between the ball and the pin in the green (don't have to point). They charge $10+ more per golfer for this extra facility. Later, they scrapped this GPS facility citing high maintenance cost??

So if someone can come out with a simple and cost effective gadget for this application (definitely more simple than the Nuvi) and can be used in various golf courses, I am very sure there is a big market for it.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:50 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='294467' date='Jun 8 2006, 10:20 PM
Theoritically, it is quite straight forward right? i.e to measure a shorter distance between two point. I wonder how accurate this could be.

Just have this wild thought if there is a simple device something like the Nuvi in the golf course. I can know the exact distance between my ball and the pin..wow..what does that mean? BZSAB, please take your Nuvi to the course and try out!!

To give an example, my home club at Orchid Country Club used to have a GPS installed in all their buggies (first in S'pore). This GPS give accurate distance between the ball and the pin in the green (don't have to point). They charge $10+ more per golfer for this extra facility. Later, they scrapped this GPS facility citing high maintenance cost??

So if someone can come out with a simple and cost effective gadget for this application (definitely more simple than the Nuvi) and can be used in various golf courses, I am very sure there is a big market for it.
ah! if you want to have the golf type of distance, i think Nuvi is not a good choice.
Nuvi is designed more for driving and needs a map with roads to direct.
what you need is a 60CXS with geocaching.
You do not really need a map but a plain, but then my question will be...how do you know where the hole is in a plain?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='294155' date='Jun 8 2006, 09:16 AM
pm or email me at meng.chuaATgmail to try it out. i'll have to share the spreadsheet with ya. you'll need a gmail acct.
You've got mail! Thanks for helping to consolidate our contact information.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans