E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lmk' post='293884' date='Jun 7 2006, 09:53 AM
No prob, i will provide the link and files needed to get it done.
By following the steps, the waypoints and alerts will be installed into the Nuvi.
Will try to get it done tomorrow.
mr lmk

the file you g mailed to us is GMASUPP_IMG...this one my nuvi can read.where did you get it.

and i have to save it in my nuvi memory in garmin folder. for it to work in my sd card i had to save in a garmin folder too.

the download maps from mal sing web site after download does not open into GMASUPP_IMG.....ie the download file named malsing -I by antyong.....my nuvi cannot read the files after opening the exe file ....why is that so...is it a garmin map or not.

the SG_R you asked me to try, opens into 60000078.img my nuvi cant read too.

please explain leh.TIA
Old 06-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='293858' date='Jun 7 2006, 09:54 PM
Fireplace

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I didn't notice earlier that you have almost similar accident like mine, what a coincidence!

PML said I can bring in my car tomorrow for insurance company to survey and thereafter can leave it for repair. Quite surprise that they have got all the parts including door panel and rear side fender for replacement. The repair would take about 2 weeks and during this period I can rent a car and submit by claim for the rental. How about your case? Did you rented a car during the repair period?
The CSA that handle my case is Cresendo. Dun really know him.

I will keep you posted of my repair works.

Good luck and hope everything is fine for you this Friday.
Tcc, all the best to the repair work from PML. This is for the rest of forumers to know as well. Touch wood but if body works are needed for your ride, I highly recommend Stanley as the CSA to look for at PML. When my ride got hit, my M-mirror was decapitated from the door unit and a deep dent cut through half of the front door.

I brought in to PML immediately and Stanley leaped into action and organized immediately for a replaced M-mirror to be temporary fitted onto the door so that I can drive safely while awaiting survey and repair scheule. He also attempted to help me claim directly to third party insurance by contacting the manager of the third party insurance company. Unfortunately, it didnt work and I have to claim into my insurance first and then make a counter claim.

I find him to be more proficient in handling insurance claim then others, and ensuring the repair needs are taken care of immediately and thoroughly. His service standards not bad. If possible, request for Stanley to handle your case. He is quite accomodative, and very helpful if the outcome is not satisfactory and he will commit to redo without arguing. Unfortunately, the quality issue lies with the painters' skills and it is pretty much out of his control.

I am not renting a car and making any claim for loss of use since my home is just 10 mins walk from my workplace. In anycase, I still get around with a BMW in the meantime (Bus, MRT and Walk). Haha.

I will update the results of the workmanship once I get my ride back. Hopefully there is no unforseen delay as I am making the Melaka run this Sunday.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='293858' date='Jun 7 2006, 09:54 PM
Fireplace

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I didn't notice earlier that you have almost similar accident like mine, what a coincidence!

PML said I can bring in my car tomorrow for insurance company to survey and thereafter can leave it for repair. Quite surprise that they have got all the parts including door panel and rear side fender for replacement. The repair would take about 2 weeks and during this period I can rent a car and submit by claim for the rental. How about your case? Did you rented a car during the repair period?
The CSA that handle my case is Cresendo. Dun really know him.

I will keep you posted of my repair works.

Good luck and hope everything is fine for you this Friday.
TCC, sorry to read about your accident.

No problem. You can trust PML on this one. I once had a car badly damaged in the front. They got it looking like brand new plus it handled like nothing ever happened.

Make sure you ask for a loan car. They will bill the other party's insurance company.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='293906' date='Jun 8 2006, 12:30 AM
Tcc, all the best to the repair work from PML. This is for the rest of forumers to know as well. Touch wood but if body works are needed for your ride, I highly recommend Stanley as the CSA to look for at PML. When my ride got hit, my M-mirror was decapitated from the door unit and a deep dent cut through half of the front door.

I brought in to PML immediately and Stanley leaped into action and organized immediately for a replaced M-mirror to be temporary fitted onto the door so that I can drive safely while awaiting survey and repair scheule. He also attempted to help me claim directly to third party insurance by contacting the manager of the third party insurance company. Unfortunately, it didnt work and I have to claim into my insurance first and then make a counter claim.

I find him to be more proficient in handling insurance claim then others, and ensuring the repair needs are taken care of immediately and thoroughly. His service standards not bad. If possible, request for Stanley to handle your case. He is quite accomodative, and very helpful if the outcome is not satisfactory and he will commit to redo without arguing. Unfortunately, the quality issue lies with the painters' skills and it is pretty much out of his control.

I am not renting a car and making any claim for loss of use since my home is just 10 mins walk from my workplace. In anycase, I still get around with a BMW in the meantime (Bus, MRT and Walk). Haha.

I will update the results of the workmanship once I get my ride back. Hopefully there is no unforseen delay as I am making the Melaka run this Sunday.
Fireplace

Thanks again. I'll try to look for Stanley. Quite honestly, the CSA that attended to me yesterday don't seems to care too much. If you happen to talk to Stanley and can give him a tinker that your friend (SDF39K, Mr Toh) need some of his excellent service, that would be most appreciate.
Enjoy your Satay Run in Malacca.

Ed

PML told me that they don't provide their loaner for my case (Insurance claim). I will have to rent a car myself, pay in advance and submit a claim later. How about your previous case? You mean PML provide you their car?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Ok guys, field report!

Nuvi works fine with the exception of address search! Tried fooling the device by not truning at the correct junction and it recalculates new route fast. Also tried the Blue-tooth function and I must say it is good too. When calling or receiving calls, there is minimal disruption to the original GPS function. What's more, you can view your phone book on the device which makes calling a breeze (by the way, I am using a V3, not too sure about other phones).

TTS is not working on my device; at least it does not say the Road names. It simply says "Turn Left in xxx meters".

LMK... since I have graduated on first level usage..... I am ready to for POIs, speed traps, etc. Appreciate your help.

Tony... no problems! Now I know why you are tailing me all the time! We are neighbors. Funni thing is, I have never seen you before around the neighborhood. I shall set my Wing Flaps off in search of you...
Old 06-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

does everybody have a gmail account here? i created a google spreadsheet that can be used as a closed shared contacts list. once shared it should be editable by everyone. so just log in and add your own contacts to the list. You can also edit the spreadsheet to improve it, eg add a "mods list" to list your e60 mods, or add "my other car" column.

this list is only meant to be shared between the people on the list.

i thought this will be a good idea because i always have a hard time remembering/matching the names and nick of the good folks here. and i dun have many of your phone numbers. so if you don't mine sharing, i'll share mine if you'll share yours.

pm or email me at meng.chuaATgmail to try it out. i'll have to share the spreadsheet with ya. you'll need a gmail acct.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='294155' date='Jun 8 2006, 09:16 AM
does everybody have a gmail account here? i created a google spreadsheet that can be used as a closed shared contacts list. once shared it should be editable by everyone. so just log in and add your own contacts to the list. You can also edit the spreadsheet to improve it, eg add a "mods list" to list your e60 mods, or add "my other car" column.

this list is only meant to be shared between the people on the list.

i thought this will be a good idea because i always have a hard time remembering/matching the names and nick of the good folks here. and i dun have many of your phone numbers. so if you don't mine sharing, i'll share mine if you'll share yours.

pm or email me at meng.chuaATgmail to try it out. i'll have to share the spreadsheet with ya. you'll need a gmail acct.
Gmail'ed you! but dunno if I got your address correctly. mine is bzsab523ATgmail.com
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='294162' date='Jun 8 2006, 09:25 AM
Gmail'ed you! but dunno if I got your address correctly. mine is bzsab523@gmail.com
BZASB, use "at" instead of the @ in a full manner to prevent spam mail.
you may want to edit your post.

Bugaboo, it is a great idea! Thank you for taking the trouble to arrange this. mine is munkuen.lai at gmail.com
Old 06-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='294152' date='Jun 7 2006, 08:11 PM
Ok guys, field report!

Nuvi works fine with the exception of address search! Tried fooling the device by not truning at the correct junction and it recalculates new route fast. Also tried the Blue-tooth function and I must say it is good too. When calling or receiving calls, there is minimal disruption to the original GPS function. What's more, you can view your phone book on the device which makes calling a breeze (by the way, I am using a V3, not too sure about other phones).

TTS is not working on my device; at least it does not say the Road names. It simply says "Turn Left in xxx meters".

LMK... since I have graduated on first level usage..... I am ready to for POIs, speed traps, etc. Appreciate your help.

Tony... no problems! Now I know why you are tailing me all the time! We are neighbors. Funni thing is, I have never seen you before around the neighborhood. I shall set my Wing Flaps off in search of you...
Old 06-07-2006, 05:42 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='293899' date='Jun 8 2006, 12:01 AM
mr lmk

the file you g mailed to us is GMASUPP_IMG...this one my nuvi can read.where did you get it.

and i have to save it in my nuvi memory in garmin folder. for it to work in my sd card i had to save in a garmin folder too.
the download maps from mal sing web site after download does not open into GMASUPP_IMG.....ie the download file named malsing -I by antyong.....my nuvi cannot read the files after opening the exe file ....why is that so...is it a garmin map or not.
the SG_R you asked me to try, opens into 60000078.img my nuvi cant read too.

please explain leh.TIA
You have actually learned the first step, goto http://malsingmaps.com/antyong/patchimg_se...8A5FAA411B3A7=1
to get the patch program and patch all maps into 1 GMASUPP.IMG
My map actaully consist of the Whole of Malaysia and Singapore.

The file by Antyong is a program whereby it consolidate all routable maps into one like mine but updates automatically when you run it. IF you have problems, download again and reinstall.

If you already have GMASUPP.IMG, you will not need the 60000078.img as it is included in the GMASUPP which is already residing in your GMASUPP. (means overlap).

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans