E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tcc: sorry to hear of the bad news. If its going to be covered by insurance, i think you can leave it to pml to do, and make to accept only a good job. (ie color matches...etc). if not, make sure they redo for you lor.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='293711' date='Jun 7 2006, 04:20 PM
hit dtc off if u want to sprint off the lights. dun ever off ur dsc unless u r on the tracks. zag ur 530 is not light and u can very easily overcome ur rear grip shud u as much as turn in too tight n flooring too early. hit water or oil...n it can be nasty.

anyway i just had a little fun with a mark X.....fast car. but he was pretty much stock. lots of bouncing all the way to tuas from aye outside tang dynasty. just hung back a touch as he was in front all the while (n i have only 12 points left)....as he got faster i just kept following till we were >180kmh...then our friend decided to tap brakes...thats when i decided it was enough...the next time he tapped i shifted to 4th n past him on a bend....he tried for awhile....but gave up shortly.

looks like a neat package the mark X. will be fun to play with. i know u love these competition write up zag..
i rarely dare to turn off the DSC.. i know it can be nasty surprise out of cornering adventure.
good one on Mark X toto why not.!? guess the mark x is pretty swift huh! but i also heard that its chassis is pretty limp (like the GS300) so white knuckles and sweating bullets at high speed drive. Any encounter with GS300 yet?

what is the story on the new RS4? a real sleeper i heard.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:10 AM
lmk
Contributors

tcc, oh no! i can feel your pain and frust! sorry to see that happen. Hope you have no issues with PML.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

all out play the mark x is no fight. when the road bends...u can see the roll. gs300 i tried with a bodykitted car b4....same story...it got nailed by rolls. u will be surprise how much u gain on them around the bend...say from keppel to ecp at the marina south area.

ok the RS4....i have the singapore quotes n showroom spec with me..if u want let me know i fax to u....330k...looking real vaue on the economic front. it probably is a safer car than a 400hp rear wheel drive from bmw. the bmw is probably a better drive blah blah blah...but how many of us will go bury the throttle round a bend just to drift?

th RS has got real solid fittings....huge brakes..etc..best part..bose system, n the magnificent recaro seats. when u hit the sport button..the seats wraps around from the sides...u hv to see the specs to believe it. go to premium n ask for the brochure.....
Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

tcc sorry to hear. pml will not let u take it out....they wanna make the money off the insurance.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

tcc... really sorry to hear of your ride. We on the bright side... at least you have eye witnesses and the truck driver is not going anywhere soon.... Hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='293730' date='Jun 7 2006, 03:57 AM
Attachment 20188
Hi Guys,

Sorry to interrupt, especially in the middle of the "Nuvi" celebration.

My ride kanna "injuries" in a freak accident this morning . One joker drove his delivery truck into my E60 which was resting peacefully in my office car park lot. An eye witness said the driver was supposed to reverse his truck but dunno what happen, his truck moved forward instead. The sudden forward movement cause the truck to hit my left side before hitting a barrier in front. The driver was injured and have to be sent to the hospital by an ambulance.

The left rear panel and door is now "disfigured" (as shown). Even my M wing mirror suffer scratches.
I have not much choice but to send my car to PML for assessment since I think the rear side fender and door should be changed instead of repair. Also, I bought my insurance thru PML (AXA) and thought it will be easier for them to help me make all the necessary claims.

Now that the quality of PML worksmanship has been raised, do you think I can request PML to let mike or yewlip to do the job instead?

feel your pain man, no wonder you never call me this morning after i offer you.wats happening to our e60 members here lately..not very good.

fireplace car now tcc39....sigh

mr lmk my nuvi still can not see any singapore maps after i copy over.im still stuck.

do u guys see europe maps or not
Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1628' post='293764' date='Jun 7 2006, 05:54 PM
feel your pain man, no wonder you never call me this morning after i offer you.wats happening to our e60 members here lately..not very good.

fireplace car now tcc39....sigh
mr lmk my nuvi still can not see any singapore maps after i copy over.im still stuck.

do u guys see europe maps or not
Yes I can see Europe maps! I also downloaded the Malsing .IMG file and it works fine. Nothing to configure. Call me for 1st level trouble-shooting..... for more advanced details.... Dr. LMK is always here
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Senior Members

On my way home now... lets see if nuvi can bring me home! Report tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='293730' date='Jun 7 2006, 04:57 PM
Attachment 20188
Hi Guys,

Sorry to interrupt, especially in the middle of the "Nuvi" celebration.

My ride kanna "injuries" in a freak accident this morning . One joker drove his delivery truck into my E60 which was resting peacefully in my office car park lot. An eye witness said the driver was supposed to reverse his truck but dunno what happen, his truck moved forward instead. The sudden forward movement cause the truck to hit my left side before hitting a barrier in front. The driver was injured and have to be sent to the hospital by an ambulance.

The left rear panel and door is now "disfigured" (as shown). Even my M wing mirror suffer scratches.
I have not much choice but to send my car to PML for assessment since I think the rear side fender and door should be changed instead of repair. Also, I bought my insurance thru PML (AXA) and thought it will be easier for them to help me make all the necessary claims.

Now that the quality of PML worksmanship has been raised, do you think I can request PML to let mike or yewlip to do the job instead?
TCC,
Really sorry to hear about the incident. I feel your pain as my ride was recently hit by a truck at my office lot, too. My front door and wing mirror were damaged and they have to be replaced with new sets. PML will repaint the entire right panel to ensure consistent matching and blending. However, in the previous paint job done by PML, I noticed excessive orange peels and wavy finish compared to the surrounding original panel, and I insisted that they redo the work. Sadly. it didnt improve much and their reply was, repaint job can never achieve 100% matching of original smoothness and finish. But I just feel that it is the workmanship that is to be blamed. In my opinion, they may have over set the nozzle and too much paint/clear coat was being sprayed, causing "patchy" effects that looks non-smooth when scan through. Or, they did not wait for first coat to sufficiently dry before applying next coat.

My ride is going through the paint work at PML now, and I will be collecting the car this Friday evening. I just have this awful feeling that the workmanship is going to be below standards. It is more noticeable for my ride since my color is carbon black, which reflects every tiny flaw like a sore thumb. Your color is able to mask any imperfection better than darker colored car, so I believe yours may achieve better finish than mine.

That is why I am on a look out for a top rated independent auto painter in Singapore, and if I really hate the quality of PML workmanship, I can take the car and have it repainted at my own cost, just to get more satisfaction out of it. PML charges S$2600 before discount for painting of the entire side panels (Front to back) whereas I think outside job would cost less than half of what PML charge. The last I enquire is about $2k for the entire car (same color). When is your ride going in for repair? We can compare the finish work.

Oh, go look for Stanley from body works to handle your case. He is much better CSA handling body works than the rest. Good luck bro.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans