E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 AM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Managed to download speed traps and radar points in malaysia, the mappers are constantly updating the file.
I run it in my Nuvi, it works! and it warned me before i arrives at the checkpoint. COOL!
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-2503.jpg   E60 for Singaporeans-1322.jpg  
Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='293618' date='Jun 7 2006, 11:30 AM
i goto Ah Long in West coast road recommended by our big bro Edlee.
i like his work.
Hi lmk,
do you have Ah Long's shop name and address in West Coast? Many thanks in advance
Old 06-07-2006, 02:59 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='293785' date='Jun 7 2006, 06:52 PM
Hi lmk,
do you have Ah Long's shop name and address in West Coast? Many thanks in advance
call him: 97361513
Old 06-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='293752' date='Jun 7 2006, 05:29 PM
tcc... really sorry to hear of your ride. We on the bright side... at least you have eye witnesses and the truck driver is not going anywhere soon.... Hope everything works out for you.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the concerns. Yes, I am a bit unfortunate in a way that the accident happend in my office building and everyone including the boss of this logistics company acknowledged that there shouldn't be any dispute as to who was in the wrong. Now, I just hope the repair from PML can carry out smoothly.

Congrat to those with their newborn(s) call "Nuvi"!! The screen looks fantastic. Is the TTS working and how it sounded like?

Only problem I think with the malsing maps the Garmin cannot read address. You guy have to get the original Garmin Sing/J.B (Sing/Mal still not available) in order to have the address function.

I have the original Sing/J.B maps in my C320 and probably need our expert bro LMK to try to break the code. Let me know if anyone one to try it out.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:32 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='293849' date='Jun 7 2006, 09:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the concerns. Yes, I am a bit unfortunate in a way that the accident happend in my office building and everyone including the boss of this logistics company acknowledged that there shouldn't be any dispute as to who was in the wrong. Now, I just hope the repair from PML can carry out smoothly.

Congrat to those with their newborn(s) call "Nuvi"!! The screen looks fantastic. Is the TTS working and how it sounded like?

Only problem I think with the malsing maps the Garmin cannot read address. You guy have to get the original Garmin Sing/J.B (Sing/Mal still not available) in order to have the address function.

I have the original Sing/J.B maps in my C320 and probably need our expert bro LMK to try to break the code. Let me know if anyone one to try it out.
ok, let me try.

send the .img file to munkuen.lai at gmail.com
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='293784' date='Jun 7 2006, 05:52 AM
Managed to download speed traps and radar points in malaysia, the mappers are constantly updating the file.
I run it in my Nuvi, it works! and it warned me before i arrives at the checkpoint. COOL!

yipeeeeeeee,
finally i managed to load the maps in and all is well.

56k modem download gave me corrupted files.

next project is speed traps in sg and malaysia...lmk we await for your email on those files..ha ha

bszab thanks for the pointer on need to select location
Old 06-07-2006, 05:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='293778' date='Jun 7 2006, 06:40 PM
TCC,
Really sorry to hear about the incident. I feel your pain as my ride was recently hit by a truck at my office lot, too. My front door and wing mirror were damaged and they have to be replaced with new sets. PML will repaint the entire right panel to ensure consistent matching and blending. However, in the previous paint job done by PML, I noticed excessive orange peels and wavy finish compared to the surrounding original panel, and I insisted that they redo the work. Sadly. it didnt improve much and their reply was, repaint job can never achieve 100% matching of original smoothness and finish. But I just feel that it is the workmanship that is to be blamed. In my opinion, they may have over set the nozzle and too much paint/clear coat was being sprayed, causing "patchy" effects that looks non-smooth when scan through. Or, they did not wait for first coat to sufficiently dry before applying next coat.

My ride is going through the paint work at PML now, and I will be collecting the car this Friday evening. I just have this awful feeling that the workmanship is going to be below standards. It is more noticeable for my ride since my color is carbon black, which reflects every tiny flaw like a sore thumb. Your color is able to mask any imperfection better than darker colored car, so I believe yours may achieve better finish than mine.

That is why I am on a look out for a top rated independent auto painter in Singapore, and if I really hate the quality of PML workmanship, I can take the car and have it repainted at my own cost, just to get more satisfaction out of it. PML charges S$2600 before discount for painting of the entire side panels (Front to back) whereas I think outside job would cost less than half of what PML charge. The last I enquire is about $2k for the entire car (same color). When is your ride going in for repair? We can compare the finish work.

Oh, go look for Stanley from body works to handle your case. He is much better CSA handling body works than the rest. Good luck bro.
Fireplace

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I didn't notice earlier that you have almost similar accident like mine, what a coincidence!

PML said I can bring in my car tomorrow for insurance company to survey and thereafter can leave it for repair. Quite surprise that they have got all the parts including door panel and rear side fender for replacement. The repair would take about 2 weeks and during this period I can rent a car and submit by claim for the rental. How about your case? Did you rented a car during the repair period?
The CSA that handle my case is Cresendo. Dun really know him.

I will keep you posted of my repair works.

Good luck and hope everything is fine for you this Friday.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='293850' date='Jun 7 2006, 09:32 PM
ok, let me try.

send the .img file to munkuen.lai at gmail.com
SENT!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='293864' date='Jun 7 2006, 10:12 PM
SENT!
rec'ed. will try tomorrow and let you know.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1628' post='293855' date='Jun 7 2006, 09:45 PM
yipeeeeeeee,
finally i managed to load the maps in and all is well.

56k modem download gave me corrupted files.

next project is speed traps in sg and malaysia...lmk we await for your email on those files..ha ha
bszab thanks for the pointer on need to select location
No prob, i will provide the link and files needed to get it done.
By following the steps, the waypoints and alerts will be installed into the Nuvi.
Will try to get it done tomorrow.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans