E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='288112' date='May 27 2006, 01:12 AM
I crossed the 2nd link today at 9.30am, its like a ghost town, clearing the custom was a breeze.

Arrived KL at 1PM, after a short break along the NS Highway for a MYR2.50 Mie Rebus Special. The roads were clear but we were slow as my colleague's Mark X had a limiter set at 180Km/h. On the GPS the max speed was 185 instead but on a downslope. I didn't feel the 215 horses, it seemed that Japanese horses and German horses are different. However, I didn't see any markings in GPS for speed trap along NS leh.

There was some glitches in the Garmin, the distance was off totally. I was at 300Km away from KL when the GPS showed I was just 175Km away. It only started to show the correct numbers after I cleared the 175Km mark. Using Garmin in the city was confusing. There are too many roads with different names on Garmin. KL intersections have too many roads, sometimes the instructions to turn came in too late to react. There were also many instances when the Garmin gave instruction to turn right at junctions where no right-turn allowed.

And many POIs are not in the maps. Nevertheless, I would not make it to my destination without Garmin. It may not be perfect, but it is a companion that you should not leave home without, especially you have no idea where the destination is and all you have is the Jalan.

Hi Tategoi,

When you use the map from Malsings.com, do you store it on a separate SD card? Can it be shared with Garmin C320.

I have no plan to drive to K.L in the coming school holidays. So if you or any of you guys in this forum is planning to drive up Malaysia soon, please feel free to let me know if anyone want to try on the Garmin C320. In this case, we will be able to know how the C320 fare.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='288314' date='May 27 2006, 01:23 PM
Wah, really swee. If really can get it <$160K.. buy ah!..drool!!!drool!!
Old 05-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='288364' date='May 27 2006, 04:28 PM
Wah, really swee. If really can get it <$160K.. buy ah!..drool!!!drool!!
I want! I want!
Old 05-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Senior Members

Has everyone seen the 8 critically acclaimed short films showcasing various BMW cars know as "THE HIRE". starring Clive Owen?

I bought a copy of the DVD before it was discontinued... could bring it on Edlee's GTG next Sat... for everyone's viewing pleasure....

My favourites are: "The Hostage", "Ticker" and "Beat the Devil".... and feel in love with the Z4 after watching these 3...
Old 05-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='288377' date='May 27 2006, 03:29 AM
Has everyone seen the 8 critically acclaimed short films showcasing various BMW cars know as "THE HIRE". starring Clive Owen?

I bought a copy of the DVD before it was discontinued... could bring it on Edlee's GTG next Sat... for everyone's viewing pleasure....
One which I enjoyed alot is The Star starring Madonna directed by her husband Guy Richie featuring the E39 M5. I have it in my ipod and even my 6 year old kid loves it.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='288045' date='May 26 2006, 11:09 PM
Constrast that with PML:

e.g. we complain on issues and they use tapes or claim their adjusted it and hopefully the panacea works.

e.g. we get a list of items they changed and we never get to see if these were indeed done or necessary. In fact, I don't recall we were encourage to bring in our own engine oil.

e.g. they never even offered to provide taxi claim vouchers when we do a warranty claim, especially after repeated claims on the same issue... wasting our time and money.

BMW is certainly an UDM.... but the service is going downhill..... and the guys at BMWAsia didn't seem to care about this.... when they should be mindful of the brand equity and customer feedback....
Think about it, it's quite true actually.

e.g I bought my last MB E200 compressor from P.I and when it due for servicing, they send their guy to collect the car from my office and return the car to wherever I am. And talking bought warranty, they found my ABS block leaking and replaced them F.O.C after 3 months. As far as I know, they make a claim from C & C because of international warranty and C & C is obliged to product this service as a MB distributor in Singapore

e.g One of colleague bought a Honda Fit last year from P.I. They come to pick up his car during servicing.

So PML service can't even compare to the P.I who sell Honda Fit.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='288299' date='May 27 2006, 11:46 AM
the distance maybe due to the a waypoint setup showing the next waypoint distance to go. that is why when you clear the 175 mark, it shows the correct distance.....

......Speed traps...have leh. i got them on my que. And the Nuvi can even have proximity warning, that is, 1km away it will tell you the trap is there.
I was going to Selangor Turf Club and Garmin suggested I exit at Jahir(?) Highway, and the distance to next destination was 175Km. As I travel along the NS, the distance never reduced. All along it was showing the same waypoint, ie. the exit at Jahir

Speed traps....what icons represent the speed traps?

I went to Perfect Watch this afternoon, the Nuvi 300 (350?) looks damned sleek man, the touch screen is very nice, and the sound is polyphonics, unlike my CS60 that beeps like an old GH688. It comes with Europe/UK and Sin/JB maps. I was told we can still use Malsing maps, but they have to be stored in a new memory card. For English you have he option of choosing British or American, but the navigator will not say out the road name leh. Yes, I saw the HDB blocks.

Its about $1.5k after 10 pct discount. You save S$400 if mail order from US, but you get US maps. Are you willing to pay that extra $400 for original Singapore Garmin map and local warranty? If yes please act fast as there are only 2 units left.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='288363' date='May 27 2006, 04:21 PM
Hi Tategoi,
When you use the map from Malsings.com, do you store it on a separate SD card? Can it be shared with Garmin C320.

I have no plan to drive to K.L in the coming school holidays. So if you or any of you guys in this forum is planning to drive up Malaysia soon, please feel free to let me know if anyone want to try on the Garmin C320. In this case, we will be able to know how the C320 fare.
My 60CS does not come with external memory slot, I will just upload the map direct into the GPSr. Does C320 only accept external power source? We can do a swap if I am travelling up north
Old 05-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='288399' date='May 27 2006, 08:02 PM
My 60CS does not come with external memory slot, I will just upload the map direct into the GPSr. Does C320 only accept external power source? We can do a swap if I am travelling up north
I just found out a short while ago that my wife have thrown away my Garmin box a few days ago. She did not realised that inside the box, there is receipt, manual and most importantly the upgrading certificates!!

The C320 has a built-in battery that can last a few hours. I have not permenantly wired and can let you have the external charger as well. We can do a swap on 3rd June for a few days if you want to play with the C320 because I still dunno how to upload the map.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='288317
just curious, did you set the lock to auto lock when all doors are closed?
I'm always quite worried about enabling this feature. The E60 does not have a open boot button in the car and if I am to go out of the car to open the boot, I'll find myself locked out of the car, won't I?

Do you know why BMW decided not to include an open boot button in the car?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans