E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Dec 21 2003, 07:32 PM
he was told that his car had DD when he collected it. actually u brot up a good point...how do u tell if ur car has DD??

i guess u hv to jack up the car...crawl below n look out for the hydraulic actuators...i hv actually seen a cut away design of it at the sepang testing...
How to tell whether there is DD? Very eash lah. Just drive the car in circles. If you do not lean to one side, there is DD (Dynamic Drive). If you lean heavily to one side, there is no DD.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Members

I think BMW made a mistake of not having the side fenders on the doors to protect the car from nicks. as you know. some Singapore motorists like to open the car doors very hard and most cars here have nicks after a period of time. Without the fenders, this is more likely to happen. Is there any off market fenders that can be installed on E60 without marring the aesthetics?
Old 12-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

think its better to leave it alone. my wife thinks its a bit fat on the side view...sigh...i agree it is not the prettiest thing to look at...but by lowering the car u will c that its much better.

all these after mkt bumpers will make the car look ugly n different. everyone will think u r some kiasu...

the other thing i thot they shud hv done is to pipe the exhaust one to each side...for a more sporty look....
Old 12-21-2003, 06:00 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 21 2003, 07:06 PM
Hi Zag, about the discount for getting loan, the finance companies which tie up with PML offer the company block discounts/commision for referring customers to them. The sale girl can pass some of the discount on to customers. That's howit works. [/quote]
OIC.. yeah I know about the discount perks based on financing. I didn't finance the car guess not much perks to wring out of the seling price.
I was just wondering the PML/Skycredit tie up I heard about. Unless one takes up high amount of loan and tenure like i said wrt TTS or Hinlung who are able to give further discounts.

cheers
Old 12-21-2003, 06:06 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

kiasu king and 520...
regarding the door creaks.. watch out during hot days.. they creak like hell.
I have found out that this is a chronic problem since e39 and from my CSA there have been a few e60 back in the workshop for door lining fixes on creaking.
also the side support on the comfort seat also creaks like old grandpa chair... PML fixed that for me.

regarding the static on radio reception... any idea if they can be fixed?
Old 12-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Members

Hi Zag, I think the static on the radio is deliberate because BMW wants customers to upgrade to Logic 7 sound .
Old 12-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Members

sad Gits!
Old 12-22-2003, 04:43 PM

zag, did you ask why BMW did not pipe the exhaust to both side of the car? The answer is simple. That is reserved for the 6 series.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:20 AM
Members

Hi 520i, congrats on taking delivery of the E60. So, how did you find it?
Old 12-26-2003, 05:14 AM
520i

It is a great car. Many ppl like to look at the car...but i afraid ppl might scratch...

I was sick for the past few days...therefore din't really drive the car. My neighbours started coming over to see my car...but some say it is too fat and bulky but some say it is very nice and fierce

I am just disapointed that the handles trim are poplar. I like tit...probably will change later when they are available in pml.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans