E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i din know that pml sells the chrome ones or i wud hv asked for it.
how much r they?

i m going in again on the 13th...i insisted they lend me a car. i m also gonna ask them to tell the german to fix it.

ya i screeched on 275...hehe...
Old 03-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Members

toto,

if they were surprised to hear that some owners can retract the side mirror by remote key, I will go down with you to show them. What the hell are they talking about??? this csa like tidak apa abt the new 5. The one attended to me lagi best. Told me that my aircon switch 18 degree is not very good. There will be foul smell if switch to 18 degree. What is this??? Why bmw make a 18degree there since it has foul smell? Need to slap the bmw engineer or CSA?

I should have recorded the retracting of the mirror into video files and post it in the web
Old 03-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Members

Oh.... Looks like most owner can't retract the mirrors using the remote key. Is my 5 a limited edition?

Seriously, if you need me to show them, I can. They still own me one on the car jerks during cornering. I usually go kapong arang. Bigger space to park cars there.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:50 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_sg520i' date='Mar 31 2004, 04:03 AM
Oh.... Looks like most owner can't retract the mirrors using the remote key. Is my 5 a limited edition?

Seriously, if you need me to show them, I can. They still own me one on the car jerks during cornering. I usually go kapong arang. Bigger space to park cars there.
I think retracting the mirrors via remote key got to do with key programming.
can you verify this for us your settings? how aobut the rest of you guys having the same as below?

1. press lock button - hazard lights flash twice
2. press unlock button - hazard lights flash once
3. press unlock once and then press again and hold - windows roll down
4. press lock once and the press again and hold - windows roll up
5. when press unlock button .. the boot button will not react when pressed immediately

anything else?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

Just an additional remark for those that are not able to retract the side mirrors with their remote, are you able to retract your mirrors by pressing the small button located near the driver's window controls?

Here in Europe I know that you cannot retract your mirrors electronically unless you get an extra option (called foldable and auto-darkening side mirrors). Maybe some of you do not have this option and because of this you are unable to retract your side mirrors?
Old 03-31-2004, 04:56 AM
Members

mine settings are:

1. press lock button - hazard lights flash twice
2. press lock button and hold - mirrors fold
3. press unlock button - hazard lights flash once and mirror unfold
4. press unlock once and then press again and hold - windows roll down
5. press lock once and the press again and hold - windows roll up and mirrors fold
6. when press unlock button .. the boot button will not react when pressed immediately

johanDC,

yes, mine able to retract the mirrors by pressing the small button near the driver's window control.

This e60 is strange. So inconsistence..
Old 03-31-2004, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

sg520i, I already assumed that you have the button, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense at all I guess? I would like to know the same thing from the persons who are unable to fold their mirrors using their remote.

If they do not have the button then this simply isn't going to work at all because they need the electronically foldable and auto-darkening side mirrors for this to work. Otherwise it might have to do something with safety regulations? Maybe they live in a country where they consider it unsafe to fold open/close side mirrors with a remote? Just a wild guess ofcourse...
Old 03-31-2004, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

jOHANdC

all the singapore cars come with darkened mirrors....the agent spec them this way. these mirrors r all auto dimmed.

there is another problem...the boot button on the key...someties i pressed once n the boot opens...sometimes it doesnt until i unlock the car first..or press some other buttons. anyone of u hv this problem?
Old 03-31-2004, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

yup all e60s in singapore have the auto folding n auto darkening side mirrors........and most of us in this forum are singaporeans.........
Old 03-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

funny...mine seems to be the other way round....hazard lights flash once when lock n twice when unlock. n can't get the mirrors to fold with the lock button held, only the interior lights come on

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans