E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='219403
no i hv not done anything....i m so lost with all those tech. stuff..oh dear..i dunno where to begin...
OK! Just had a chat with the 2 installers and they found a digital TV Tuner with extra Audio Input for my iPod. Will cost $650.

Understand they installed this Tuner in an e60 last recently. Please post comments. I have scheduled install next Thursday.
[/quote]

Check with him on these :
- Does the tuner comes with two antenna inputs ?
- Does it resolve the issue of not able to view those channels on the move?

It would be the ultimate if the second is resolved.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

ok, is 15th Jan Sunday ok for all? Toto you back yet? Zag?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by russo' post='219782' date='Jan 6 2006, 09:39 AM
what is the route plan for this one again? still Melaka?
Old 01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='219796
[/quote]

sorry.. whats the ave speed of this run? i'm afraid to join. can't keep up.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='219796
[/quote]

I'm ok with KL buta its a bit messy over there, not to mention the recent case. Only that KL might be a bit xiong but I'm sure all the carbon would have been cleared in the engine.

If we go KL we'll go straight to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, take a smoke and come back. Parking there is quite safe. Can't remember the name of the hotel think its concours hotel or something.

If go Malacca would be the chicken rice ball again. Peaceful town. Should be back by 3- 4pm

Think Toto was mentioning something in the east like the B roads, but someone gotta take the lead who knows the way.

I can get another 4 bimmers to join in so I think this time the crowd would be around 10 cars

Anyone?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='219755' date='Jan 6 2006, 08:43 AM

Thanks
From my conversation with the 2 installers, they mentioned that besides TV Mobile, Channels 5, 8 and CNA can also be received on the move. But they did also qualify that reception is dependent on speed and location.

Yankee, I am asumming that you are the one who has installed the digital, 2 antenna Tuner. What is your take on this tuner? Worth the money?

Cheers,
Old 01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russo' post='219828' date='Jan 6 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm ok with KL buta its a bit messy over there, not to mention the recent case. Only that KL might be a bit xiong but I'm sure all the carbon would have been cleared in the engine.

If we go KL we'll go straight to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, take a smoke and come back. Parking there is quite safe. Can't remember the name of the hotel think its concours hotel or something.

If go Malacca would be the chicken rice ball again. Peaceful town. Should be back by 3- 4pm
KL is really messy. Plenty of traffic lights like SIN and some of us are gonna get left behind. Not a very good idea. Going up Genting is also another choice. We don't have to go there to gamble; just drive up, relax at Coffeebean and then come back down again. I understand there are a few reasonably good eateries on the way up. This trip is gonna be approx 380Km long and going at an average speed of approx 180Km/h, we should be there within 2.5 hours (after crossing the checkpoints). I'd therefore recommend starting early - maybe about 6.00am just to avoid checkpoint crowds and to ensure a smooth run up.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='219848

Thanks
From my conversation with the 2 installers, they mentioned that besides TV Mobile, Channels 5, 8 and CNA can also be received on the move. But they did also qualify that reception is dependent on speed and location.

Yankee, I am asumming that you are the one who has installed the digital, 2 antenna Tuner. What is your take on this tuner? Worth the money?

Cheers,
[/quote]

Sorry, wrong person. I have not bough the tuner yet after getting various feeback. There was someone who mentioned about dual antenna and this pop into my mind.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='219852

KL is really messy. Plenty of traffic lights like SIN and some of us are gonna get left behind. Not a very good idea. Going up Genting is also another choice. We don't have to go there to gamble; just drive up, relax at Coffeebean and then come back down again. I understand there are a few reasonably good eateries on the way up. This trip is gonna be approx 380Km long and going at an average speed of approx 180Km/h, we should be there within 2.5 hours (after crossing the checkpoints). I'd therefore recommend starting early - maybe about 6.00am just to avoid checkpoint crowds and to ensure a smooth run up.
[/quote]

Sounds good. Simple and straightforward route. I'd better replace by tires before the trip just to be safe.
Anyone else game?
Old 01-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Senior Members

sorry to b party pooper...genting abit too far for me...

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans