E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 04:40 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/quote]

No lah, I have never said "show force" because I know this community had never done so. It was Zag lah. But I hope we can really show force this Sunday at Fort Rd carpark first before we spoke about showing force against the 3ers at Kallang

Originally Posted by russo' post='203152' date='Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM
Yeh thats about the top speed you can hit with the 523i.
I thought 523 can do better than 225. My 520 just missed 230 by a hair the last time we went Malacca for chicken rice ball.

i did slightly more than 230 with one pax in front with the 520 and hang on for about 20 mins... and edge more than 240 in the 730. both my ride are stock. i think the 523 should be able to do better. How many pax are there in yr ride?

be forewarned for those going up this month, there are plenty of police in both directions becos of holidays.
these guys stop almost all Singapore registered cars. there is one near Pagoh, about 8 singapoe cars were stopped but none malaysia cars.

Fortunately, i managed to slow down way before the HOT spots, thanks to a good gadget and a good Garmin GPS map with warnings before the hot spot.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' post='203396' date='Nov 26 2005, 08:28 AM
i m going to kuantan on the 19th...til the 2nd. staying at hyatt..anyone wanna join me....its cheap..74usd a night.

NS is getting pretty boring....but dun mind a malacca run...try 260kmh again...
Sounds good. Anyone else able to make it? Must learn a few tricks from Toto
Old 11-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Members

ok,i was on 18/ps2,two person only, 3/4 tank.may be i its my driving not up to scratch.i did not have balls of steel on that day,did not really floor it..hahaha
a 525i)

TIA
Old 11-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Members

Yo Russell, It's me Calvin driving orient blue 1518, met you at Borders one evening. I will try to pop by at 4pm and I just hope the E39 wont feel out of place with the neat line up of E60s.

Originally Posted by russo' post='202898' date='Nov 25 2005, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the forum Calvin.

Think there are already couple of M5s running on the road with HUDs projecting all over the shop. No reason why yours should be awaiting LTA approval.

Its ok if you haven't got your 525i yet, you can still join us with your E39 this sunday. I believe it'll be quite a big turnout. Oh and you'll be welcomed by Totoseow doing his flagship donuts.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

ds mode u will be stuck in 5th gear....the steptronic will not shift to 6th! of cos cant hit top speed. u need to engage 6th gear for that. i used 5th to over take at 215kmh..from 225 on...u need that 6th gear to hit 260kmh.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='203495
Welcome to the forum Calvin.

Think there are already couple of M5s running on the road with HUDs projecting all over the shop. No reason why yours should be awaiting LTA approval.

Its ok if you haven't got your 525i yet, you can still join us with your E39 this sunday. I believe it'll be quite a big turnout. Oh and you'll be welcomed by Totoseow doing his flagship donuts.
[/quote]

Hi Calvin, Ya I know its you. Don't worry so long its a 5er. I'm driving the 3 down, even more out of place like a sore thumb. Hope to see you there tomorrow...
Old 11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I was out at 6+ this morning, and saw the familiar eye-brow in my rear view mirror, and I thought it looked kind of different. Then I looked again. Hey! It was a toyota van, with the amber eye-brow.

It is slanted the way the E60's does but the width is even while E60's looks slightly thicker towards the top due to the housing design.

By the time my wife figured out how to use my camera phone, the driver must have realised what I was trying to do. He started evading, driving on my right rear so that my wife on the passenger side couldn't see him in the left side mirror. In the end, he even tried to overtake me. Then he switched his main beam, and that kind of killed his eye-brow look.

It was quite an interesting look.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

update one the led licence lights mod.

so far been running for 2 weeks. seems fine.
reuse the orginal bulb.
its quite easy to do. got to get a fuse clip from simlim and tie it to the 2 leads (+ve and -ve) on the housing.
picture is pretty self explanatory.

not a pretty or neat mod by any means.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Members

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I couldn't join the rest of you for the other get together near The National Stadium. The earlier E60 meet at Fort Road was much larger than I anticipated. I've been a member of this forum for some time but, I hardly post because of time constraints. The gathering was my first face to face so it was great to meet the old birds and the new ones too. A no. of you have expressed some interest in the Remus exhaust. PM me with your name and contact details so that I can consolidate and try to arrange a favourable group buy for you guys. To help you guys make a more informed decision, you might want to check out the following websites belonging to 2 rival exhaust manufacturers based in Austria: Sebring and Remus at http://www.sebring.at and http://www.remus.at. These websites contain sample audio files of vehicles before and after exhaust installation which may prove helpful/useful in making your respective decisions.

Sincerely,
Stormrider
Old 11-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by lmk' post='202736
Hey LMK

where to get the interace for the e60 entertainment, macmini ?
thx
the video interface?
you may get it from Korea, i can give you his contact. PM me.
[/quote]

Hi LMK,

have you tried connecting a third party LCD TFT screen to the LCD OUT of the Korean interface box?
like a higher resolution screen to display output from PC/ DVD player?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans