E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:11 AM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='201831
LMK, can you make ipod photo to play video on the i-drive screen yet? are you working on this project?

zag: he already has a mac mini on the screen why would he need an ipod? it can be done hard to do.
[/quote]

bug is correct, i got a macmini in my car. so i can play video files.
to use ipod to play video, it can be done on our cars too. u only need a video interface.

actually i still prefer the audio quality direct to my power amp. using the aux, the sound quality suffers.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='201857' date='Nov 22 2005, 05:11 PM
to use ipod to play video, it can be done on our cars too. u only need a video interface.

actually i still prefer the audio quality direct to my power amp. using the aux, the sound quality suffers.
Hi LMK,

Will you be at the meet up? Will be great to tap your mind of iPOD interface. So far, I have not gotten anywhere since getting my e60. Was told PML will only have and iPOD interface for iDrive next year. Therefore considering alternatives...
Old 11-22-2005, 12:41 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='201857
Originally Posted by zag' post='201812' date='Nov 22 2005, 01:36 PM

LMK, can you make ipod photo to play video on the i-drive screen yet? are you working on this project?

zag: he already has a mac mini on the screen why would he need an ipod? it can be done hard to do.

[/quote]

LMK, of course I know you have the mini imac hooked up already (was there playing with it in couple of meet up ago), i am just wondering if you are experimenting the ipod photo to play videos on the i-drive screen. BTW, do you use amplified output into your aux for the ipod audio?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Members

Hi,

All thanks to google for pointing me to this forum - I didn't know there is an active thread for Singaporeans!!

May I ask if anyone here has CD Text displayed when playing a CD (with CD text) on your iDrive ? I know there are many threads on this topic but I'm curious about Singaporean cars !

Thanks for your advice...
Old 11-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by titanic' post='201837
do you have the number for bronze carmen? want to do my wife's e60.
Does your wife's new E60 come with start/stop button?
[/quote]

haha. she wanted it - but i am a miser
didnt want to pay $6000 more.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='201871' date='Nov 22 2005, 06:03 PM
You're not a miser. You are wise. IMO, the start/stop button is lousy if you don't opt for the comfort access. You will have to insert the fob and then press the start button. Whereas using a key, all you have to do is insert the key and turn.

Furthermore, I think the design of the fob hole and the start/stop button is horrible. Nothing beats the one in the E65. It blends in with the facia and the operation is so smooth. Even the one in the E90 cannot match.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Going are....
1. zag
2. eggz
3. totoseow
4. 1628
5. edlee??
6. bzsab
7. bugaboo
8. russo
[/quote]
Old 11-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rippingtons' post='201867' date='Nov 22 2005, 05:50 PM
May I ask if anyone here has CD Text displayed when playing a CD (with CD text) on your iDrive ? I know there are many threads on this topic but I'm curious about Singaporean cars !
Hi and welcome to the forum, Rippingtons. I am sure the CD text doesn't appear in the I-Drive if you're using the 6 disc changer. I'm not too sure about the single disc slot; will try it out tomorrow, but I can assure you that your text from an MP3 disc will definitely show. (single disc slot)
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='201862
Originally Posted by bugaboo' post='201831' date='Nov 22 2005, 02:48 PM
[quote name='zag' post='201812' date='Nov 22 2005, 01:36 PM']

[/quote]

LMK, of course I know you have the mini imac hooked up already (was there playing with it in couple of meet up ago), i am just wondering if you are experimenting the ipod photo to play videos on the i-drive screen. BTW, do you use amplified output into your aux for the ipod audio?
[/quote]

yayaya! you were there playing it....me old iao la...too much stress from work lately. that is the time you told me to get warranty repair for my switch cover.

i have 2 options in my ride, 1 is the aux which can be controlled by the steering, i used it mostly on my TV and Macmini. The other is a RCA cable i ran from the amp in my trunk, all the way to the front. But the controls will be done only on the ipod, sound quality superb. Of course with the equaliser built in with the itunes, the aux sounded much better with 6000 songs in my macmini.

From these 2 configs,

1) i connect the pre out of ipod to the aux, i can control volume via the steering wheel but sound quality is lower.
2) i connect the power out to my amp direct, i need to control via the ipod volume but sound quality is very good.

using an analyser shows a flatter response in the car with direct connection from the power output.
3) the worst sound quality, i connect power out to the aux, both the low end and high end were clipped when tested with an analyser.

hope i answered your question.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:28 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='201858

Hi LMK,

Will you be at the meet up? Will be great to tap your mind of iPOD interface. So far, I have not gotten anywhere since getting my e60. Was told PML will only have and iPOD interface for iDrive next year. Therefore considering alternatives...
[/quote]

i doubt i can make it this time.

mother in law commitments....

Yes, it is known that next year ipod interface will be inlcuded. but you need to create BMW playlist 1, BMW playlist 2 etc in your ipod....you cannot actually control all selections from the steering switch alone. Because it cannot recognise other named playlists.
From the idrive knob, you can select your playlist and then your songs. If i am not wrong, the CD changer will not be there for this feature. (so what? who needs a changer if you have 60GB of songs in your ipod??)

If you have not done anything maybe can consider this:

1) install a video interface.
2) use a docking station for ipod ( the one with video out)
3) aux input

this way, you can see on your idrive screen, the display showing on the ipod. And u can control volume with your steering control.

Afterwhich, wait for the after-market adapter that allow interface Ipod to the steering controls including up and down selection. Like the adaptor used in the 3 series now.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='201884
Furthermore, I think the design of the fob hole and the start/stop button is horrible. Nothing beats the one in the E65. It blends in with the facia and the operation is so smooth. Even the one in the E90 cannot match.
[/quote]

Agree. It look so nice on a 7er always....nice to have.
the more i drive the 3 litre engine, the more i like it.

hmmm...what if it is on a 6er.....

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans