E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Display multiple POIs on the Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525d - Sapphire black - Nav Pro - PDC - Bluetooth

gizzE,

I don't mind paying either when the person actually works and give a share to others which worked to make it possible, like you.
Now, I would rather pay a 50? soft from navteq to do it, than to pay anyone which is exploiting something he just took *freely* from the net.

I tried a lot of things to make it happen but just could not succeed, I think it has to be my editor with windows, obviously too "intrusive" to respect the format of some files.

Undesrtood your point, but still not happy about the way Bruce is handling this. But, ok, maybe that is me....

Cheers.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Members

BTW, why is the ebay link not working anymore ?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Hi Folks,

For all those who wanted to know, I'm now back from holiday. While away my eBay auction was closed down by Navteq US for copyright reasons. I've now written to Navteq US showing them the written permission I had from Navteq Europe to do this. I'll re-list this on eBay only after they are satisfied and the matter is resolved.

In the meanwhile I can still do this if you send me a PM so that I can send you the details of the next steps. All will get the e60.net ?10 off discount. The discounted price is ?45 + p&p (UK ?5, anywhere else ?10). The upgrades thereafter are ?10 + p&p.

I did check the list posted here and although it is the same result the techniques are slightly different. I use a completely MS Windows based approach. Also I'm not selling this as as my own idea. I'm providing others a service who are not willing to try this out on their own, much like a BMW dealer who services your car even though you could find out how to do it yourself.

I can add any information you want, even Belgian Speed Cameras

Regards,
Bruce.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='266756' date='Apr 9 2006, 04:33 PM
Hi Folks,

For all those who wanted to know, I'm now back from holiday. While away my eBay auction was closed down by Navteq US for copyright reasons. I've now written to Navteq US showing them the written permission I had from Navteq Europe to do this. I'll re-list this on eBay only after they are satisfied and the matter is resolved.

In the meanwhile I can still do this if you send me a PM so that I can send you the details of the next steps. All will get the e60.net ?10 off discount. The discounted price is ?45 + p&p (UK ?5, anywhere else ?10). The upgrades thereafter are ?10 + p&p.

I did check the list posted here and although it is the same result the techniques are slightly different. I use a completely MS Windows based approach. Also I'm not selling this as as my own idea. I'm providing others a service who are not willing to try this out on their own, much like a BMW dealer who services your car even though you could find out how to do it yourself.

I can add any information you want, even Belgian Speed Cameras

Regards,
Bruce.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Finally after a couple of weeks of trying to follow the instructions on E90post.com and who knows how many duff DVDs later!!!! I have finally managed to produce an updated version of my NAV DVD which now includes speed camera locations

Display multiple POIs on the Navigation System-speedcam.jpg

When I have a bit more time I'm going to produce another version which shows the speed limit for each camera but for the time being I shall just enjoy my current success
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Members

Are you going to share how you did it ?. I will only have my car with Pro-Nav on Saturday, and intend to have a go. I am a programmer and if I can figure it out easily I will try and create a program that will take the input from the database provided by pocketgps (subscription reqd) and create the necessary changes or additions to the relevant files. If that's easy enough it may as well be freeware if the info comes from the general forum.

If you can lend a hand then I hope it can happen much sooner.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Contributors

No problem, would be glad to help. Basically all the info required can be found here E90Post but if ypu want to talk through the process then just PM me and we'll take it from there.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Members

Just a big thank you to Mathmos, he helped a lot of people out. I think the thread in the E90 forum is already saying in details howto do it, anyone who wants an advive can PM me for help.

I am more than happy that the average guy does not have to pay for this.

Cheers !