E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CPO inspection process?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i

Originally Posted by ProMed
Was your car still not under the manufacturers original warranty when you bought it?
No it wasn't.

If you didn't have the trans a selector issues when you bought it, why would a tech have noticed it during the CPO inspection?
Because of your "checklist". It supposed to be a much thorough process than my test drive. So the scam proof is here again.

As far as the bent wheel, how do you know you didn't do it?
Because I am not an idiot, and because the car did exhibit slight steering wheel vibration during test drive around 40 m/h, but I assumed it's just a tire out of balance.

What kin of bumper covers were you missing? The shipping hook covers on the front bumper of these cars are huge, you can't miss them.
It's not shipping hook covers, it's brake air intake cover on m-bumper. They did provide the missing one, because I called the sales the very next day. It's cheap part anyway.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Members

I was just correcting you. You are the one who said:

Obviously the checklist I posted shows this to be false.
No it does not.
My point is that whatever "checklist" they use not really resulting in a car getting thoroughly inspected and fixed.
They also promise on bmwusa.com that a CPO car is "like new" - not based on my experience.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by hooch999
Because of your "checklist". It supposed to be a much thorough process than my test drive. So the scam proof is here again.
If the car didn't have the issue when you bought it, how could they have noticed it before then?

Because I am not an idiot, and because the car did exhibit slight steering wheel vibration during test drive around 40 m/h, but I assumed it's just a tire out of balance.
Gotcha, so you did notice it before you bought it. Guess you should have had them check out the vibration before taking delivery. A car is CPO'd when a dealer first gets it, anyone that test drove it since then could have done it.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Contributors

No it does not.
My point is that whatever "checklist" they use not really resulting in a car getting thoroughly inspected and fixed.
They also promise on bmwusa.com that a CPO car is "like new" - not based on my experience.
You said "There is no official "certification process"."
There is, I posted it.

You also said; "you will not notice any technical terms there, like brakes must be worn no more than bla-bla"
Once again, there is, it clearly states a minimum 5mm of friction material.

You really hate being proven wrong huh?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Members

If the car didn't have the issue when you bought it, how could they have noticed it before then?
Oh I got it, so you work for a stealer yourself?
I will repeat it one more time because I am pissed on your attempts to blame all on me (I guess it's signature BMW rip off style):

EVEN IF THE ISSUES WERE NOT THERE THEY REFUSE TO FIX THEM NOW UNDER CPO. got it ?
And I bet they would discover those issues if they were to follow CPO process according to the checklist from your employer.

Gotcha, so you did notice it before you bought it. Guess you should have had them check out the vibration before taking delivery. A car is CPO'd when a dealer first gets it, anyone that test drove it since then could have done it.
Yes I did, and my sales promised me free tire balance - and they did 3 days later.
Yeah, anybody could have bent the wheel - but where's my fault here?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Members

You said "There is no official "certification process"."
There is, I posted it.

You also said; "you will not notice any technical terms there, like brakes must be worn no more than bla-bla"
Once again, there is, it clearly states a minimum 5mm of friction material.

You really hate being proven wrong huh?
I guess problem is you really like going in circles:
I already said:
1. I don't have such checklist so for me my car was not inspected to any standard. The checklist is not publicly available to customers on bmw usa.
2. My experience dealing with problems my car has under CPO warranty proves that my car "certified" status is nothing but scam.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 196ski
Just called my local dealer to schedule a service appt, and when they pulled my VIN they told me that there were 3 outstanding recalls. I just got the car at the end of DEC, so shouldn't they have looked for outstanding recalls as part of the certification process? Seems like they would want to take care of it before selling the car, but maybe they can't if there isn't an "owner?" Should they have handled this stuff before selling the car? just wondering
Seems like your post was hijacked by a disgruntled BMW customer. Sorry 'bout that!

Keep us posted on the progress you make with your dealership service department having the recent recalls addressed
Old 02-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Contributors

Oh I got it, so you work for a stealer yourself?
I will repeat it one more time because I am pissed on your attempts to blame all on me (I guess it's signature BMW rip off style):

EVEN IF THE ISSUES WERE NOT THERE THEY REFUSE TO FIX THEM NOW UNDER CPO. got it ?
And I bet they would discover those issues if they were to follow CPO process according to the checklist from your employer.
Don't work for/at a dealer, but know that they aren't usually going to find most issues before they even pop up.

Yes I did, and my sales promised me free tire balance - and they did 3 days later.
Yeah, anybody could have bent the wheel - but where's my fault here?
You took delivery of a car with a vibrating steering wheel, gambled on it being just out-of-balance, and lost.

I guess problem is you really like going in circles:
I already said:
1. I don't have such checklist so for me my car was not inspected to any standard. The checklist is not publicly available to customers on bmw usa.
2. My experience dealing with problems my car has under CPO warranty proves that my car "certified" status is nothing but scam.
Haha, nice spin, I like how you went from saying bmw doesn't even have a checklist, blah, they don't even check the brakes, to saying this after I posted the checklist and specs. It is pointless they don't have the technicians checklist on bmw-usa, they don't post any service bulletins on there either.

CPO has never claimed to be a bumper-to-bumper warranty, but it seems you expected it to be. It also sounds like you actually believed the "like new" marketing crap every dealer uses. Face it, you bought a used car that was 4+ years old, or had over 50,000 miles on it, or both and expected it to be perfect. You had a few small issues and now CPO is a scam. Beat that drum..
Old 02-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi V1 hardwire Laser Interceptor 12" JL Audio Ported PowerWedge enclosure with one W1v2 20% tint

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Seems like your post was hijacked by a disgruntled BMW customer. Sorry 'bout that!

Keep us posted on the progress you make with your dealership service department having the recent recalls addressed

ha! Will do
Old 02-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Members

You took delivery of a car with a vibrating steering wheel, gambled on it being just out-of-balance, and lost.
Yeah, stupid me. Was hoping for a decent honest service from such big name as BMW but got scammed as if dealt with some freaking pontiac.

Haha, nice spin, I like how you went from saying bmw doesn't even have a checklist, blah, they don't even check the brakes, to saying this after I posted the checklist and specs. It is pointless they don't have the technicians checklist on bmw-usa, they don't post any service bulletins on there either.
I like your spin too when you keep conveniently ignoring the fact I never got that freaking checklist which BTW supposed to have my signature on it.
BTW service bulletins ARE public information.

You had a few small issues and now CPO is a scam. Beat that drum..
"a few small issues"? Ha-ha. Nice joke. Bent wheel, a fog light from a different car model, sporadic transmission problems and gear selector not switching to park out of the blue - can't even imagine what are "big" issues then - car falling apart?
And even those "small" issues cannot be fixed under CPO. As I already said 5 times. Of course CPO is a scam, what else.
And BMW itself is behind the scam big time.

Quick Reply: CPO inspection process?