E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AT&T PRESENTS: You Make The Call!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

One thing occurred to me. Why are most guys today afraid of their wives when it comes to getting mods or any other toys? What happened to the men of yesteryear? If you feel like getting an M-tech bumper, then by all means, get the damn M-tech bumper. Chances are you're making significantly more money than your wives and you should get the last word. Actually, there should be no last word at all or even a discussion. You're the main breadwinner and you make the decision. Period!

Unless getting the toy means your kids are going to go without supper or a roof over their heads or college, be the man and take the lead.

Go ahead, try it. Take your manhood back!! Enough of the mushy stuff. If they don't like it, there's a lot more fish in the ocean....
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Haha! I agree but then again u haven't gotten married yet lol
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by umichchris
Haha! I agree but then again u haven't gotten married yet lol
33 years and she's begging for more years.....
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
One thing occurred to me. Why are most guys today afraid of their wives when it comes to getting mods or any other toys? What happened to the men of yesteryear? If you feel like getting an M-tech bumper, then by all means, get the damn M-tech bumper. Chances are you're making significantly more money than your wives and you should get the last word. Actually, there should be no last word at all or even a discussion. You're the main breadwinner and you make the decision. Period!

Unless getting the toy means your kids are going to go without supper or a roof over their heads or college, be the man and take the lead.

Go ahead, try it. Take your manhood back!! Enough of the mushy stuff. If they don't like it, there's a lot more fish in the ocean....
Oh to be unwed. #GoodTimes

BTW, I went with the 535i! Bought and paid for, shipping arranged. Hope to have in the next 2 weeks or so. Thanks for everyone's take.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Congrats! Can't wait to hear your impressions long term coming from a 550i. You couldn't go wrong either way, and the choice was your's to make - not a bad choice to be making if I might add. Anyway, awesome!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats, and I'm sure you'll love it! (and not just because I suggested it over the 550i!)
Old 10-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Senior Members

Duh, dumb comment....you're at least divorced or never married or just old fashioned........wow!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by esqyankee
Oh to be unwed. #GoodTimes

BTW, I went with the 535i! Bought and paid for, shipping arranged. Hope to have in the next 2 weeks or so. Thanks for everyone's take.
Best of luck with the new ride.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sy1616
Duh, dumb comment....you're at least divorced or never married or just old fashioned........wow!
Nope, never been divorced. Married very happily for 33 years. Maybe old-fashioned, but my wife likes it that way. I don't feel she needs to discuss with me whenever she wants to buy her Manolos or Jimmy Choo shoes and she does not feel she needs to discuss with me whenever I want to get my own toy. This marriage works because we each know our place. More of the younger couples should try this and the divorce rate would decrease dramatically. It also helps that I make 2/3 more than her.....
Old 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

Nope, never been divorced. Married very happily for 33 years. Maybe old-fashioned, but my wife likes it that way. I don't feel she needs to discuss with me whenever she wants to buy her Manolos or Jimmy Choo shoes and she does not feel she needs to discuss with me whenever I want to get my own toy. This marriage works because we each know our place. More of the younger couples should try this and the divorce rate would decrease dramatically. It also helps that I make 2/3 more than her.....
We are pretty much like you except my wife asks me before she buys anything . There is something common I have seen in Asian families ( as I am one), I decide and buy anything I need but I just inform her that I am buying, all she cares is whether I like it. Again I make 120 % more than what she makes?