DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:36 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

I don't remember which post it was mentioned ,, thank god I have a copy of my excel sheet online ,, here you go

Break Force Display

Module : LMA

BFD_1_RL_BL_ERSCH_BILD = brake light
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_BL_M_ERSCH_BILD = 3 Brake light
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_RL_BL_1_ERSCH_BILD = brake light 1
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_RL_BL_2_ERSCH_BILD = brake light 2
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_NSL_ERSCH_BILD = rear fog lamp
wert_03 = flashing
Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Awesome Ehssan, Thanks a mil!! I'm in the process of doing the LCI upgrade for my front Headlights this weekend and will also install the new LMA module. I am gathering all the coding bits for this module beforehand that I want to enable/change so that when I do code, I have all the information consolidated and handy.

One more silly question and then I promise that I will contribute posts with merit. Can you provide a link to the Excel spreadsheet that contains all coding information for all modules.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Awesome Ehssan, Thanks a mil!! I'm in the process of doing the LCI upgrade for my front Headlights this weekend and will also install the new LMA module. I am gathering all the coding bits for this module beforehand that I want to enable/change so that when I do code, I have all the information consolidated and handy.

One more silly question and then I promise that I will contribute posts with merit. Can you provide a link to the Excel spreadsheet that contains all coding information for all modules.

Thanks again for your help!
Her ya go George, now where's my free cic for helping you? lol

Spread sheet
Old 06-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Contributors

the sheet i'm talking about is in my email inobx , the one we used to use here was hacked by some nice unknown member who have deleted all the info ,,

member BlaSTiWi have managed to retrieve most of the lost information but I think the online sheet is username protected ( by gmail account ) so I don't think you will have access to it ..

Don't worry ,, I'm here to help all the time if as much as I could as one day I was asking lots of question , ( sorry but I ignore stupid questions most of the time as I really prefer spending time with my son rather than replying to someone asking how to code using NCS ) ..

the BFD values should be available in LMA1 as well ,, so check it out .. and keep us updated ..
Old 06-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Contributors

Her ya go George, now where's my free cic for helping you? lol
Ha Ha, Thanks Blood! Yes, I did the CCC / CIC swap last year which actually made my learning curve for NSCExpert a bit more difficult given that when it reads my VIN# it does not offer the CIC as a module that can be flashed, but instead presents the CAPPL module. It took some doing with trial and error to generate the correct *.SSD file in order to gain access to the CIC, but thankfully I made it work. Again mostly due to information in this thread and other threads within the forums based on this topic. Joining the forums at bmwcoding.com has also proved to be a useful resource and also thanks to nomis_nehc (Simon) for clearing my head on many other NSCExpert coding related questions...

So I tell you what, instead of a free CIC, are you willing to take a free CCC??? I got one sitting in my garage doing nothing right now.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Contributors

Looks like BlooD have installed internet explorer in his brain for fast reply loool ..

I'm using 3G modem to connect to the net , it works like 2 hours a day ,and assuming it's 3G but never got more than 10Kbps speed lool

anyways ,, I'm coming back home next Saturday ,,, ,
Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Contributors

I still need to learn more about the SSD files as I've never used it before ..

how does it work ,, what information required to be mentioned in the file ..?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Contributors

the sheet i'm talking about is in my email inobx , the one we used to use here was hacked by some nice unknown member who have deleted all the info ,,

member BlaSTiWi have managed to retrieve most of the lost information but I think the online sheet is username protected ( by gmail account ) so I don't think you will have access to it ..

Don't worry ,, I'm here to help all the time if as much as I could as one day I was asking lots of question , ( sorry but I ignore stupid questions most of the time as I really prefer spending time with my son rather than replying to someone asking how to code using NCS ) ..

the BFD values should be available in LMA1 as well ,, so check it out .. and keep us updated ..
Thanks again Ehssan!
I new something was fishy given that I did find the original Excel Spreadsheet link in the very early posts within this thread but it did not contain all the information and more specifically did not contain coding changes for the Break Force Display feature. Thanks for your advice. It is appreciated.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Contributors

I still need to learn more about the SSD files as I've never used it before ..

how does it work ,, what information required to be mentioned in the file ..?
Ehssan,
I see that you are following the thread started by Slyncka also, entitled CIC Navigation and Combox for the E60. Basically all you need is a *.ssd file set-up as a E90 or an E92 with the relevant VO included. As Bruce Mirand mentioned:

If you've never used a ssd file before.
1. In NCS after you choose the Profile, click the VIN button.
2. Then instead of clicking the ZCS button you choose "Open File".
3. Then point to your ssd file. That will fool NCS into thinking the car is anything with any VO. Basically does not look at the car.
4. Click the back button and now you are in the normal NCS except its using a different car/vin/vo to what you have. In that list you will see the MEDIA ecu listed.
5. You may actually want to create a better ssd file and that is simple too. Just grap the normal fa.trc when you connect using NCSExpert and then modify the attached ssd file. This method avoids you having to change the actual VO or date on the car at all.
Based on Bruce's point # 5, you can modify your existing *.SSD file with the E90 VO and save it as an alternative/backup file which you can use once you do the CCC/CIC swap to enable access to the CIC module in NSCExpert.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Contributors

yeah I've read it and I've seen the SSD file ,, but there is a quick and fast way to turn your FA trc file into an SSD file ..

not sure what information is required ,, for example in bruce SSD file .. here is what contains :

M E90_CODIERSCHL ALL
A 001 WBAPP31030A7502352 E90_*PR96#0914%0475&LUSW$1CA$1CB$205$216$226$235$2 49$255$320$386$402$413$423$428
$431$441$473$481$488$493$494$4AD$502$508$521$522$5 34$548$563$609$610$612$614
$615$616$633$677$6VC$6FL$6nf$6nr$6aa$6ab$6va$761$7 75$7SP$840$851$863$879
$8SC$9BE|0000000|0000000|0000000

but sometimes if you want to code a module using E90 specs ,, for example E90 doesn't have Head up display so if I want to configure my CIC using the SSD file , I should have the correct car model and correct VO in the SSD file

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods