DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

ouch, then it wont be a 10 minute fix for me to bring you the trace then
Old 06-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Ha Ha, Thanks Blood! Yes, I did the CCC / CIC swap last year which actually made my learning curve for NSCExpert a bit more difficult given that when it reads my VIN# it does not offer the CIC as a module that can be flashed, but instead presents the CAPPL module. It took some doing with trial and error to generate the correct *.SSD file in order to gain access to the CIC, but thankfully I made it work. Again mostly due to information in this thread and other threads within the forums based on this topic. Joining the forums at bmwcoding.com has also proved to be a useful resource and also thanks to nomis_nehc (Simon) for clearing my head on many other NSCExpert coding related questions...

So I tell you what, instead of a free CIC, are you willing to take a free CCC??? I got one sitting in my garage doing nothing right now.
Georgieb, do you have any guide of what you issues you faced coding-wise so that I can prepare myself for that. My CIC is on the way and I have decided to all by myself. Its not like I am saving much but not taking professional services of those experts but I am quite keen to do it myself (unless I am totally stuck) out of sheer interest and satisfaction. Don't know for some reason all the threads on CIC has become a marketing tool for a few experts defeating the exact purpose of knowledge-sharing concept of forums.

You have been very helpful on other bits on other CIC thread. Thanks for that.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Georgieb, do you have any guide of what you issues you faced coding-wise so that I can prepare myself for that. My CIC is on the way and I have decided to all by myself. Its not like I am saving much but not taking professional services of those experts but I am quite keen to do it myself (unless I am totally stuck) out of sheer interest and satisfaction. Don't know for some reason all the threads on CIC has become a marketing tool for a few experts defeating the exact purpose of knowledge-sharing concept of forums.

You have been very helpful on other bits on other CIC thread. Thanks for that.
AI001, Thanks for the kind words. At the time I swapped my CCC for the CIC last year, I was not responsible for any of the coding or setups that ensued afterwards. All setups were done to the CIC before it was shipped and all subsequent coding was done remotely by Patryk. I took care of the hardware install and Patryk took care of all the software mods. Everything went off without so much as a hitch and he was very helpful and obviously knew what he was doing, inside-out. In addition he also enabled a few key features in some other modules within the car. Subsequently over the course of the winter I sent my CIC back to Patryk so that it could be updated to the latest firmware in order to accommodate the Combox install which I completed this spring.

I developed an interest in doing my own coding this year and started researching NDSExpert to a great extent over the course of the last two months. Given that Patryk continues to do this as a business I did not want to step on his toes by trying to gather information from him which may have been proprietary and/or confidential in his eyes. I have always respected the fact the he must have invested countless hours, extensive resources and money into this and it would certainly have not been fair to him to exploit his knowledge and potentially put his business at risk by asking him for information and then posting it on-line.

Everything I have learned in the last while has been through my own research and through the help of others in the forums. I guess you could say, I did not want to have to rely on Patryk for some of the rudimentary aspects of coding and in addition his time has been very limited as of late.

To answer your question, most of the initial issues I faced code-wise had more to do with understanding how NCSExpert worked, understanding the function of the FSC_PSW.TRC and FSC_PSW.MAN files, how to dump firmware from the modules and back them up prior to changing code, how to program the modules etc etc etc. Given that I had a CCC and NCSEXpert used the manufacture date code of my car along with my VIN, it took some understanding to realize why the CIC module was not available in the module list and what it took to get it there.

Thus far I have successfully enabled the following:

Code:
Module: KOMBI
BC_DIGITAL_V (Digital Speedo)
aktiv

Module: KOMBI (Disable SOS Error)
TCM_ALIVE_ZAEHLER
aktiv ----> nicht_aktiv
TCM_ID_MONITOR
aktiv ----> nicht_aktiv 

Module: CAS
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB (Close windows via key fob)
aktiv

KOMFORT_EJECT (Hold start/stop button and it will eject keyfob)
aktiv

HOME COMFORT (The ignition key must be touched only briefly to the ignition to start the car)
aktiv

Module: IHKA
GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO (Climate fan speed display via orange light around manual speed knob).
aktiv
In addition I am completing the LCI Headlight upgrade this weekend which will include the new LMA module. Once I code this with original flash I will then update the following:

Code:
Module: LMA
PWM_AN_SL_V_AL_1_34 (To keep LCI (maybe pre-lci also??) AE's stay bright)
wert_06 - ** Change to wert_01 **

Module: LMA
SIDEMARKER_US (Turn off Amber Eyebrow)
nicht_aktiv

Module : LMA (Brake Force Display, Double Flashing)
BFD_1_RL_BL_ERSCH_BILD = brake light
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_BL_M_ERSCH_BILD = 3 Brake light
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_RL_BL_1_ERSCH_BILD = brake light 1
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_RL_BL_2_ERSCH_BILD = brake light 2
wert_03 = flashing
BFD_1_NSL_ERSCH_BILD = rear fog lamp
wert_03 = flashing 

Module: LMA (Rapid Flashing Hazards)
Read the LMA with NCS and open NETTODAT.TRC 
B 00340500,0010,95,71,00,83,0A,00,51,00,14,53,01,15,59,04,00,00 Yours will have 95 change it to 97 and save it as NETTODAT.MAN 
Select basic functions/coapiCodeSgByNettoDATA Type "NETTODAT.MAN" in the requester box, select ok and your done.
The last phase will be to update parameters in the CIC such as:

Code:
Module: CIC
LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME (Legal Disclaimer Disable)
Kein_ID
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Contributors

I will also be enabling Video in Motion in the CIC and although I have not seen it discussed in these forums very much it has certainly been beaten to death over at BMWCoding.com. I could post a how-to for that here if needed.

In addition I plan to further investigate and attempt to find comparative coding changes for the CIC which are currently already published for the CAPPL. These include:

Code:
Module: CAPPL	
VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT (Seat heater display comes up in iDrive when heat button pushed)	
aktiv		

VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER (Seat heat hi-med-low slider in iDrive)	
aktiv

VA_NOAIRVENT_FINETUNING (Additional control of vents)
aktiv --> nicht_aktiv
In would also be great if we could figure out how to get Internet-in-Motion working as this one would be a great benefit also.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Here are some more cool coding options:

Code:
Module: CIC (Fuel Stop suggestion in Route Guidance. Use Route Information to tell you at what point in your journey you will need to fill up based on current gass in your tank)
NAVI_FUELSTOP_PROPOSAL

Module: CIC (iDrive Display modes. Adds sub-menu with three options, Day Mode, Night Mode and Auto Mode)
NAVI_MAPMODE_AUTOMATIC

Module: ABG (CIC, Disables seat belt chime for passenger side)
SBR_BEIFAHRER_2_CD

Module: ABG (Disables seat belt chime for driver side)
SBR_FAHRER_1

Module: FRM(NFRM) (Angel eyes on when welcome light activated)
WL_SL_1
hart_einschalten (for instant on) or soft_einschalten (for gradual) or nicht)aktiv (for disabled).

Module: FRM(NFRM) (Removes the Adaptive Headlight error check)
CHECK_SMC_ERROR
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

I've posted the VIM for the CIC in one of the CIC thread here ,, just copy the files to your daten folder , recode the CIC with blank MAN file .. and that's it ..your VIM is ready to go ..

you mentioned

HOME COMFORT (The ignition key must be touched only briefly to the ignition to start the car)
aktiv

what does it really do ???

also regarding the Welcome light ,, you need these ones too

WELCOME_LIGHT_ACTIVE nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
DEF_WELCOMELIGHT_CKM nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
UNP_WELCOMELIGHT_CKM nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
WELCOMELIGHT_CKM_0 nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
WELCOMELIGHT_CKM_1 nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
WELCOMELIGHT_CKM_2 nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
WELCOMELIGHT_CKM_3 nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good stuff, thanks for sharing all the options. I have enabled most of them (rest was't appropriate for me)

For online while driving see post #3 from BLooD. Its dangerous btw. :-)
Old 06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Contributors

I've posted the VIM for the CIC in one of the CIC thread here ,, just copy the files to your daten folder , recode the CIC with blank MAN file .. and that's it ..your VIM is ready to go ..

you mentioned

aktiv

what does it really do ???
Ehssan,
Thanks for the CIC file. As it turns out mine is a *C09 so I may mod it myself but I'll check to be sure...

With regards to HOME COMFORT, it just allows you to depress your start button very briefly as apposed to holding it for a second or two for the engine to start. Ironically I was in the middle of doing some coding tonight whiles completing my LCI upgrade and could not find this line of code in my CAS module dump....Hmmm..

Cheers
Old 06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Contributors

Good stuff, thanks for sharing all the options. I have enabled most of them (rest was't appropriate for me)

For online while driving see post #3 from BLooD. Its dangerous btw. :-)
AI001,
The information that Blood posted earlier in this thread pertains to the CCC CAPPL Module and not the CIC Module I was referring to. I should have been more clear. Although Video in Motion for the CIC is now known (Previously some people charged as much as $200.00 to do this), Internet in Motion is not public knowledge for the CIC as of yet.

Using this to actually browse whiles driving would be dangerous for sure but the ability to at least have the webpage up as apposed to a stupid warning page is probably no worse than Video in Motion. This would work well for the Weather network website or Sports Scores etc.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Ehssan,
Thanks for the CIC file. As it turns out mine is a *C09 so I may mod it myself but I'll check to be sure...

With regards to HOME COMFORT, it just allows you to depress your start button very briefly as apposed to holding it for a second or two for the engine to start. Ironically I was in the middle of doing some coding tonight whiles completing my LCI upgrade and could not find this line of code in my CAS module dump....Hmmm..

Cheers
there are couple of files in the zip files I've posted ,, C09 is there in my zip file , download the attachment ,, rename it to .zip and you are ready to go ,

https://5series.net/forums/topic/113...st__p__1345726

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods