DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

so even if you added the VO of your car into the SSD of the E90 ,, I donno how NCS will treat it that way ,, E90 with S85 engine and head up display loool , imagine NCS pop up a msg says ,, " nice E90 you have dude "
Old 06-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

so even if you added the VO of your car into the SSD of the E90 ,, I donno how NCS will treat it that way ,, E90 with S85 engine and head up display loool , imagine NCS pop up a msg says ,, " nice E90 you have dude "
Ehssan,
I gotcha and wrapping my head around all this in the last month has been a huge challenge for me also. With regards to the *.SSD file, here's how I see it. If you have an E60 with CCC that has been modified to CIC and now you want to flash this module; however NSCEpxert does not offer it as an option in its module list. You would modify your original *.SSD with the VO of an E90 and save it as such. For programming all standard modules within your car you use your original *.SSD file. For programming the CIC, you use your modified *.SSD file with E90 VO so that you have access to the CIC module. Load your modified *.SSD file using Bruce's steps above.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Ha Ha, Thanks Blood! Yes, I did the CCC / CIC swap last year which actually made my learning curve for NSCExpert a bit more difficult given that when it reads my VIN# it does not offer the CIC as a module that can be flashed, but instead presents the CAPPL module. It took some doing with trial and error to generate the correct *.SSD file in order to gain access to the CIC, but thankfully I made it work. Again mostly due to information in this thread and other threads within the forums based on this topic. Joining the forums at bmwcoding.com has also proved to be a useful resource and also thanks to nomis_nehc (Simon) for clearing my head on many other NSCExpert coding related questions...

So I tell you what, instead of a free CIC, are you willing to take a free CCC??? I got one sitting in my garage doing nothing right now.
If it`s an LCI one with voice control ill take it off your hands asap as i cant reactivate my voice control and no ones willing to help me figure it out.

Why not change your own cars production date?, if you change it to #0909 the CIC will show up in the NCS module list.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

If it`s an LCI one with voice control ill take it off your hands asap as i cant reactivate my voice control and no ones willing to help me figure it out.
Blood, the production date of my car is 05/06 even though it lists as a 2007 model year. I believe that my CIC is Pre-LCI given that all other features of the car are Pre-LCI. It does however have Voice Control functionality.

Why not change your own cars production date?, if you change it to #0909 the CIC will show up in the NCS module list.
Ahhh, isn't knowledge just a beautiful thing! Thanks Blood.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Blood, the production date of my car is 05/06 even though it lists as a 2007 model year. I believe that my CIC is Pre-LCI given that all other features of the car are Pre-LCI. It does however have Voice Control functionality.

Ahhh, isn't knowledge just a beautiful thing! Thanks Blood.
Just one thing if your cars production date is 05/06 NCS may refuse 09/09, in that case use 05/09 instead, it seams the month is really important.
If has no favourites buttons it`s pre-LCI, come to think of it US LCI CCC`s have only 6 fav buttons and an fm/am button plus a next source button, Euro LCI CCC`s have 8 fav buttons.
Thanks any way. Just wish I could get my head around Tool32, the answer is staring me in the face.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Contributors

Just one thing if your cars production date is 05/06 NCS may refuse 09/09, in that case use 05/09 instead, it seams the month is really important.
If has no favourites buttons it`s pre-LCI, come to think of it US LCI CCC`s have only 6 fav buttons and an fm/am button plus a next source button, Euro LCI CCC`s have 8 fav buttons. Thanks any way.
Point noted regarding the production date. As you suggest, my older CCC has no "favorite" buttons compared to the CIC. This was another bonus feature for me when I did the CIC install. When I modified the iDrive controller it allowed me to assign even more crazy stuff as favorites given that I could use the buttons on the iDrive controller for all base functions such as NAV etc.

Just wish I could get my head around Tool32, the answer is staring me in the face.
I have very limited knowledge of Tool32 but have come across many references of it during my research in E60 coding etc. In earlier days I dabbled quite extensively in assembly language coding (specifically for Microchip devices). I also dealt with assemblers, compilers and disassembler tools. It has made my understanding of NSCEXpert and flashing associated modules, somewhat easier and sped up the learning curve just a little bit. Ha ha.

I would be more than happy to participate in a Tool32 thread to learn more and hopefully add substance down the road.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

Originally Posted by BLooD
What do you need from a LCI car with voice control?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tsaros
What do you need from a LCI car with voice control?
CCC module
Old 06-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

The trace or the actual module?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tsaros
The trace or the actual module?