DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

there are couple of files in the zip files I've posted ,, C09 is there in my zip file , download the attachment ,, rename it to .zip and you are ready to go
Cool!! Thanks Ehssan, I'll check it out.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Contributors

Well I just got done re-coding my CIC based on all the add-ons I wanted. This was by no ways as easy as it sounds given that my CIC was modified last year for use with the new Combox. I had to emulate an E90 whiles coding in order for my OFFICE and INTERNET menus to return. Our E60s were never meant to work with the new Combox therefore regardless of the Production date code change in the VO to enable the CIC in the module options menu, it will still only code the iDrive without the two features above.

In order for me to do this, I re-coded the CIC as if it were a CIC from an E90. I did this with a blank *.MAN file. The iDrive came up with a multitude of issues. Language in Russian with no ability to change the language (although settings were present, the flag would not change. Radio Freqs. were wrong, measurements were wrong, formats were all European as apposed to NA and many other settings were disabled or improperly configured.

In order to fix this I then read the CIC so that I could have a functional. *.TRC file in E90 mode. I then compared this *.TRC file with one taken using a CIC read from a regular E60. Using these files I then enabled/disabled everything I needed within the E90 *.TRC file in order to get the CIC fully functional again. Here were some of the key changes I made:

(01)Module: CIC (Language change to English US)
LANGUAGE_1_3
english_us
LANGUAGE_UPDATE
aktiv
LANGUAGE_MASTER
english_us

(02) Module: CIC (Enable Settings Menu to save and change for options such as Language, Temperature, Speed etc).
EINHEITEN_MASTER
Hmi

(03) Module: CIC (Enable all eight buttons to be programmed on the CIC as apposed to six)
FBM_SELECTION
eight_buttons

(04) Module: CIC (Video in motion (Requires change to the CIC.C** file also)
Module: CIC
VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE
nicht_aktiv
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX_C0E
3_kmh
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN_C0E
3_kmh

(05) Module: CIC (Show Slider for heated seats in iDrive when button is depressed. Driver and Passenger)
HVAC_SEATCLIMATE_LED
aktiv
HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FRONT
aktiv
HVAC_SEATVENTILATION_FRNT
aktiv

I forget what radio settings, Weatherband channel active, Various NAV settings, km/h, mpg, PSI etc etc I changed in order to get everything looking as it should. (If need be I can look this up in my file save)

One of my favorite new functions is the Heated seat sliders in iDrive as I never had this before. Code examples have been given for the CAPPL module but I don't think I've seen examples posted for the newer CICs.
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-coding01.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Contributors

I'm searching through the code this morning to find the line of script responsible for activating my Parked Car Ventilation option. (Currently it is deactivated). In doing so I found some of the other flags I set to convert the CIC file to North American standards.

DEFAULT_DATUM
yyyy_mm_dd
DEFAULT_DRUCK_EINHEIT
psi
DEFAULT_SVS_DIALOG
standard
DEFAULT_TEMPERATUR
fahrenheit
DEFAULT_WEG_EINHEIT
km
DEFAULT_ZEIT_EINHEIT
12h
EINSTELLUNG_MEILEN
mls_us
Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Can anyone verify if this works on the E60? My auto mode still does not work......

Module: CIC (iDrive Display NAV modes. Adds sub-menu with three options, Day Mode, Night Mode and Auto Mode)
NAVI_MAPMODE_AUTOMATIC
aktiv
Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5 Fully Loaded
Model Year: 2008
Engine: S85 V10

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Well I just got done re-coding my CIC based on all the add-ons I wanted. This was by no ways as easy as it sounds given that my CIC was modified last year for use with the new Combox. I had to emulate an E90 whiles coding in order for my OFFICE and INTERNET menus to return. Our E60s were never meant to work with the new Combox therefore regardless of the Production date code change in the VO to enable the CIC in the module options menu, it will still only code the iDrive without the two features above.

In order for me to do this, I re-coded the CIC as if it were a CIC from an E90. I did this with a blank *.MAN file. The iDrive came up with a multitude of issues. Language in Russian with no ability to change the language (although settings were present, the flag would not change. Radio Freqs. were wrong, measurements were wrong, formats were all European as apposed to NA and many other settings were disabled or improperly configured.

In order to fix this I then read the CIC so that I could have a functional. *.TRC file in E90 mode. I then compared this *.TRC file with one taken using a CIC read from a regular E60. Using these files I then enabled/disabled everything I needed within the E90 *.TRC file in order to get the CIC fully functional again. Here were some of the key changes I made:

(01)Module: CIC (Language change to English US)
LANGUAGE_1_3
english_us
LANGUAGE_UPDATE
aktiv
LANGUAGE_MASTER
english_us

(02) Module: CIC (Enable Settings Menu to save and change for options such as Language, Temperature, Speed etc).
EINHEITEN_MASTER
Hmi

(03) Module: CIC (Enable all eight buttons to be programmed on the CIC as apposed to six)
FBM_SELECTION
eight_buttons

(04) Module: CIC (Video in motion (Requires change to the CIC.C** file also)
Module: CIC
VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE
nicht_aktiv
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX_C0E
3_kmh
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN_C0E
3_kmh

(05) Module: CIC (Show Slider for heated seats in iDrive when button is depressed. Driver and Passenger)
HVAC_SEATCLIMATE_LED
aktiv
HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FRONT
aktiv
HVAC_SEATVENTILATION_FRNT
aktiv

I forget what radio settings, Weatherband channel active, Various NAV settings, km/h, mpg, PSI etc etc I changed in order to get everything looking as it should. (If need be I can look this up in my file save)

One of my favorite new functions is the Heated seat sliders in iDrive as I never had this before. Code examples have been given for the CAPPL module but I don't think I've seen examples posted for the newer CICs.
Georgi, I would love to have a copy of your .TRC file to compare with mine as I am planning to perform the dame upgrade on my E60. Would it be possible to upload it (You may blank out any sensitive info like VIN,etc if need be).
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Engine: N54

Georgieb - great contribution!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Georgieb - great contribution!
You're welcome NoQuarter. You started a great thread and I've been reading it from the beginning. It took a lil' bit to wrap my head around NSCExpert and all the other coding options and setups before I could post anything worthwhile. Now that I've completely beat the CIC module to death, I plan on exploring the Kombi, CAS, IHKA, MSHD and LMA modules to figure out if there are any more cool features that I can add to my car. Here are a few more changes I had to make to the E90 CIC file...

RADIO_WEATHERBAND
aktiv
RADIO_COUNTRY
us
FM_BAND_KW
nicht_aktiv
FM_BAND_MW
aktiv
RADIO_AM_LW
aktiv
BAUART_CIC
limousine
AUDIO_SYSTEM_CIC
hifi

Georgi, I would love to have a copy of your .TRC file to compare with mine as I am planning to perform the dame upgrade on my E60. Would it be possible to upload it (You may blank out any sensitive info like VIN,etc if need be).
undecided,
No problem, I'll dig it out and post it for you. This has been a work-in-progress that spanned three days and I must have re-coded my CIC at least 20 - 30 times to test the changes and to make corrections. I'm finally satisfied with the way it turned out.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5 Fully Loaded
Engine: S85 V10

You're welcome NoQuarter. You started a great thread and I've been reading it from the beginning. It took a lil' bit to wrap my head around NSCExpert and all the other coding options and setups before I could post anything worthwhile. Now that I've completely beat the CIC module to death, I plan on exploring the Kombi, CAS, IHKA, MSHD and LMA modules to figure out if there are any more cool features that I can add to my car. Here are a few more changes I had to make to the E90 CIC file...

RADIO_WEATHERBAND
aktiv
RADIO_COUNTRY
us
FM_BAND_KW
nicht_aktiv
FM_BAND_MW
aktiv
RADIO_AM_LW
aktiv
BAUART_CIC
limousine
AUDIO_SYSTEM_CIC
hifi

undecided,
No problem, I'll dig it out and post it for you. This has been a work-in-progress that spanned three days and I must have re-coded my CIC at least 20 - 30 times to test the changes and to make corrections. I'm finally satisfied with the way it turned out.
Georgi, why
AUDIO_SYSTEM_CIC
hifi
?

Do u have Logic 7?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Contributors

Georgi, why
AUDIO_SYSTEM_CIC
hifi
?
Do u have Logic 7?
Unfortunately not undecided,
But now that my new CIC is putting out balanced high-level outputs I can incorporate a 6 channel AMP and swap the woofers out etc. The wheels are already in motion. I am waiting on custom harnesses from Technic and will do the upgrades in the next few weeks. Probably my last mod for the summer.....or not. Ha ha
Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

EINHEITEN_MASTER
Hmi
What does it do ??

you mean it save the last settings/source ..

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods