DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

On one #0404 E60, i've retrofit the LM2, with Front LCI halogen lights and LCI Leds taillights.

Now, the rear bulbs doesn't work fine.

Need i to change the wiring on the rear light, or just need to code something but what ?

THX
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by ArnyUK
Hi,

On one #0404 E60, i've retrofit the LM2, with Front LCI halogen lights and LCI Leds taillights.

Now, the rear bulbs doesn't work fine.

Need i to change the wiring on the rear light, or just need to code something but what ?

THX
You need coding.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d E60 *///M Pack* CarbonSwartz

If you have already LM2 installed, and you buy the official BMW LCI Lights retrofit cable, and have the official LCI tail ligts... i don't understand the point in hacking on the LMA config or disabling bulb checks. You just need to connect the rear adapters that come with the BMW kit, and route the 2 new cables from the boot to the LM2.

And the coding:

- Extract your LMA .TRC, save it carefully.
- Add +MUEB to your VO in CAS and LMA
- Recode LMA with default settings, this should code your LMA with OEM LCI Lights (Front and Rear) retrofit configuration.
- Extract againg LMA .TRC and save it with another name
- Compare old LMA.TRC with the new LMA.TRC, and modify all HEADLIGHTS related stuff from your old LMA TRC to the new one, or do it backwards adding all Tail lights stuff from new TRC to old. so your Pre-LCI headlights will work as before once you code with the resulting TRC.
- Code with the newly created TRC file.

And if you are also fitting LCI headlights everything is even easier, because you don't even have to route a single cable. Just swap 2 cables at the LM2, and fit new connectors on the plug to the headlights. Then add +MUEB to your VO and code LMA with defaults.

If you have LM1, just buy a LM2 for about 150€ on ebay and just plug it to your car, code it with defaults and start this post from the beginning. For the price of a second hand LM2, it really doesn´t worth the hassle of try to do a LCI Lights conversion based on a crappy LM1.

Not much of a brain breaker.

Last edited by RoberMC; 01-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5

Originally Posted by RoberMC
If you have already LM2 installed, and you buy the official BMW LCI Lights retrofit cable, and have the official LCI tail ligts... i don't understand the point in hacking on the LMA config or disabling bulb checks. You just need to connect the rear adapters that come with the BMW kit, and route the 2 new cables from the boot to the LM2.

And the coding:

- Extract your LMA .TRC, save it carefully.
- Add +MUEB to your VO in CAS and LMA
- Recode LMA with default settings, this should code your LMA with OEM LCI Lights (Front and Rear) retrofit configuration.
- Extract againg LMA .TRC and save it with another name
- Compare old LMA.TRC with the new LMA.TRC, and modify all HEADLIGHTS related stuff from your old LMA TRC to the new one, or do it backwards adding all Tail lights stuff from new TRC to old. so your Pre-LCI headlights will work as before once you code with the resulting TRC.
- Code with the newly created TRC file.

And if you are also fitting LCI headlights everything is even easier, because you don't even have to route a single cable. Just swap 2 cables at the LM2, and fit new connectors on the plug to the headlights. Then add +MUEB to your VO and code LMA with defaults.

If you have LM1, just buy a LM2 for about 150€ on ebay and just plug it to your car, code it with defaults and start this post from the beginning. For the price of a second hand LM2, it really doesn´t worth the hassle of try to do a LCI Lights conversion based on a crappy LM1.

Not much of a brain breaker.
Dude , looks like you have problem mixing informations here ,, who mentioned Harking here for LM2 ..???
Old 01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ehssan_alkhiyami
Dude , looks like you have problem mixing informations here ,, who mentioned Harking here for LM2 ..???
Did you read the first post?, he is talking about an M5 with LM2, it is written in the first line, and look what a bunch of unnecessary things has been posted: https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...8/#post1322775

And all is for Pre-LCI with LM2.

In this post there is mixed information about pre/post LCI, with or without LM2, obviously i was refering to people installing LCI Lights on cars with LM2, i was just saying that as long as you have the original retrofit wiring, you don't need to swap pins or remove bulb checks in NCS.

Last edited by RoberMC; 01-20-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Members

Sorry, double post

Last edited by RoberMC; 01-20-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5

Originally Posted by RoberMC
Did you read the first post?, he is talking about an M5 with LM2, it is written in the first line, and look what a bunch of unnecessary things has been posted: https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...8/#post1322775

And all is for Pre-LCI with LM2.

In this post there is mixed information about pre/post LCI, with or without LM2, obviously i was refering to people installing LCI Lights on cars with LM2, i was just saying that as long as you have the original retrofit wiring, you don't need to swap pins or remove bulb checks in NCS.
it's my thread FYI .

and that's why I'm telling you to read all the posts before starting thinking very wide ..

I was talking about swaping pins is because I have used a cheaper ( alomst 50% cheaper ) wiring from E46 ,, wiring kit for E60 comes full front and rear ... but E46 wiring kit is different wiring diagram ..

when I said HACKING , I was talking about LM1 ,

and yes its completely long way to go if you code LM2 with +MUEB ,, tons of different values are changes , most of them are unknown to most of ppl ..

I made it much easy for ppl who have LM2 ( which is very rare comparing to LM1 ) . but thanks for your input , I totaly understand your point , it works somehow but longer steps than what I mentioned ..
Old 08-22-2013, 01:36 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60

Hello, ehssan can you code on distance?
Withe teamviewer or other program remote desktop or something like that?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I can do remote coding. Don't particularly like it, but can do it lol.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Members

ok nomis_nehc! hook a brotha up!!!! ive done a bunch of free euro smgs!!! i need somthing back from the community