DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

I don't think PnP is a good idea for the headlights ( not as safe as the rear ),, other wise BMW would have made it as well , like the taillights ..
Old 10-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I don't think PnP is a good idea for the headlights ( not as safe as the rear ),, other wise BMW would have made it as well , like the taillights ..
It is a conversion cable for pre-LCI halogen to LCI halogen, because function-wise, the only thing that changed was 2 wires to AE were consolidated to 1. However, pre-LCI xenon to LCI xenon is not so simple because projector high beam became the default, and corner lights bulbs are powered at much lowered wattage than pre-LCI's high beam bulb. Theoretically, it is possible to have most of the functions work and suppress iDrive errors, but it's really not worth it, just too much work and still not get all the features.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It is a conversion cable for pre-LCI halogen to LCI halogen, because function-wise, the only thing that changed was 2 wires to AE were consolidated to 1. However, pre-LCI xenon to LCI xenon is not so simple because projector high beam became the default, and corner lights bulbs are powered at much lowered wattage than pre-LCI's high beam bulb. Theoretically, it is possible to have most of the functions work and suppress iDrive errors, but it's really not worth it, just too much work and still not get all the features.
Looks like i'll be spending some quality time freezing my ass off rewiring the front then

Tempted to get the dealer to finish this bit off, I'll ask how much they will charge when I go in later this week.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Members

Hi,

I'm also interested and infact, i had got the LCI tail light in my boot and waiting to be fit.
Can you help to advise or there's a video showing how to fit?

Rgds,
Chye
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DennisChye
Hi,
I'm also interested and infact, i had got the LCI tail light in my boot and waiting to be fit.
Can you help to advise or there's a video showing how to fit?
Rgds,
Chye
So the lights are still in your boot? or you figured something out?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
New Members

looks like there are a lot of people waiting for the LM1 retrofit ( I appreciate your PM's ) ... I wont let you down , but I apologize it's not gonna be free but also not that expensive comparing to the market .

you have 2 options to buy :

1- Retrofit cable + coding = $130 + shipping.
2- coding only + retrofit cable preparation instructions = $80

for option # 1 : Shipping to USA is $30 and to Europe is $20 ,

I offer 2 versions of retrofit , ( picture is for reference ) .

Attachment 127534

1- OEM LCI style : ( LED bars at full bright 12V , Bulbs # 1&2 only on when braking , Bulb # 3 is FOG light as usual ).
2- Ehssan LCI Sytle ( Upgraded ricky effect style ) : ( LED bars at full bright 12V , Bulbs # 1&2 are FOG light bulbs works only when press the rear fog light button , Bulb # 3 is brake light bulb full birght when braking and dimmed without brake , or it can be set to completely off without braking )

anyone has any question , Please PM me ..

Im up for option 2 as I've already ordered the retrofit kit !
Old 02-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

here is a picture of the retrofit cable KIT ( one cable for each taillight with label for left and right ) .

Attachment 127535
Ehssan,

With this cable will I be able to OEM code LCI tails using LM1 or I need LM2?
Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by ahmadomerkhab
Im up for option 2 as I've already ordered the retrofit kit !
Sorry , the packages are no longer available for sell overseas , sorry for late replay as I was out of country .

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
Ehssan,

With this cable will I be able to OEM code LCI tails using LM1 or I need LM2?
Thanks.
my cable will work on both LM1 and LM2 ,, I posted the LM2 coding for free already for all the members ,, LM1 coding are not available for public ( at least from my side ) , I have sold the solution for few companies around the world who are famous in doing retrofits , and they do it for their customers ,

I have the rights to use my solution on my customers in my country as well ... that's all
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Members

Hello Ehssan,
As far as I understand, you are in Dubai. I have a friend living, so he could help me with that. Do have the cables at hand so we could make the deal locally, and if so, what would be the price for local pick-up?
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Members

2- Ehssan LCI Sytle ( Upgraded ricky effect style ) : ( LED bars at full bright 12V , Bulbs # 1&2 are FOG light bulbs works only when press the rear fog light button , Bulb # 3 is brake light bulb full birght when braking and dimmed without brake , or it can be set to completely off without braking )
So basically the ultimate - The Ricky Effect but with NO loss of rear fog function when (IF) needed for the MOT/inspection (affecting europe) ! Sounds awesome...anyone doing / offering this now ? Cmon guys, the E60 is not exactly new now, about time these solutions became more common knowledge .

Fair enough, totally understand the silence from Ehssan since he cashed in by selling out to the 'corporates' but there must be others out there who can make this happen !?

Quick Reply: LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit