DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Hopefully someone can help me, i have done the LM1 to LM2 swap and have managed to change the VIN in the LM2 module to my cars VIN all ok, i have processed the LMA with a blank .MAN file and then coded Welcome home lights.
i now have two errors and hope someone can help me.
the first is the welcome home lights will not work from the remote, they only work if i unlock the car using the key.
the second (and this may or maynot be related) is i have lost my drivers window switches they will not work my windows or mirrors the switch illuminates, all the other door switches work but not the drivers, i changed the door card to the LCI cards at the same time as the LM2 swap so i dont know if i have a related problem or not.
i noticed that when i changed the manufacture of my car from #0306 to #0909 and performed a FA write i got loads of errors in my idrive all rear related like indicators (they also flashed fast) AE on the passenger side came on when i braked. so i changed my year back and i only get right rear failure error now.
i am convinced i have coded it wrong, buit i an now stuck and cant figure this out without some help please.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

@ Livefour2day: did it get sorted out by reflashing the LM2?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M54 2005 Alpine White Sport/Cold/Premiun Sound/Active Steering Navigation/PDC/sport seats/6 CD Changer

is there a code to always default to the #1 seat/mirror/steering wheel memory settings when unlocking the car?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by fov001
is there a code to always default to the #1 seat/mirror/steering wheel memory settings when unlocking the car?
With NCS you can adjust CKM settings.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Members

Question to BLooD...

Will soon be started retrofit AC basic to AC high and I would like to know more about coding for SA534 automatic air-conditioning.
Ask for less detail...
Regards
Old 11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I should be starting a new topic, I saw HUD being discussed in the begining of this so I thought here was appropriate

I just enabled M-Drive and the HUD on my 535 (2010). I did this by coding

HUD_M
MDrive =====> All three to "aktiv"
M_Sport_HUD

The display came up and looks cool but two things I can't seem to figure out.

1. How to get gears to display (to show which current gear I'm in. My car is a manual trans.)

2. How to calibrate the meter to match my engine rev's. (in the picture I am doing 3,000 rpms but is barely moving, when close to red lining the guage is about a 3/8ths).

I was really excited to get this enabled on my display but am now kind of bummed out becuase it is almost useless without those two features.

Insight anyone?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by TheRab
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I should be starting a new topic, I saw HUD being discussed in the begining of this so I thought here was appropriate

I just enabled M-Drive and the HUD on my 535 (2010). I did this by coding

HUD_M
MDrive =====> All three to "aktiv"
M_Sport_HUD

The display came up and looks cool but two things I can't seem to figure out.

1. How to get gears to display (to show which current gear I'm in. My car is a manual trans.)

2. How to calibrate the meter to match my engine rev's. (in the picture I am doing 3,000 rpms but is barely moving, when close to red lining the guage is about a 3/8ths).

I was really excited to get this enabled on my display but am now kind of bummed out becuase it is almost useless without those two features.

Insight anyone?
I answered in your other thread.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Hey guys,

Quick question: I recently retrofitted a CCC into a non-Nav car. Both cars were 2008 models and came with similar options. Everything worked out of the box, except that I can't play anything from the USB/Aux port and the AUX option is greyed out in the CCC menu. I tried to add $609 to the FA, wrote to CAS, and recoded the CAS with a blank MAN file. Nothing worked.

If anyone has any ideas or can help with the coding, let me know.

Already tried:
1. Removing $606: Couldn't find it in the FA to begin with.
2. Adding $6FL: Already present in FA.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Found the solution myself https://5series.net/forums/topic/108...st__p__1321480

Everything works !!! Yay !!!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Hi guys,

need bit of help here, as you may (or may not) remember I was one of the poeple with just two seconds M-HUD and than nothing.
I know the differences was the M5 cluster...., i was so lucky and I get one for myself.

So I have fitted the M5 cluster instead of mine, so many faults, but I have coded this the same way as the old one.

Now I still have the M-HUD for two seconds only and I still have fault message about the SOS system and I can't find this anywhere in the system to disable it.

Any idea?

thanks

BTW: it has deleted all my services intervals

Quick Reply: Car Coding