DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i SMG, HUD, Cold Weather/Sport Package, Mtech front bumper, Oem M5 rear bumper, V1 Concealed, RPI Scoop, 6000K HID both Fog and Headlight, M5 mirrors, LED interior lighting, M5 SMG Shift Knob, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust Quad Pipe, 30% Tint, Sprint B
Model Year: 2007

I have upgraded to the CIC system in my car. I am trying to program some features on the new CIC. SO far I have been able to update the order and have successfully coded the KOMBI module. When I try to code the CIC module I get the following message below when it tries to read the ecu: (I am using the latest bmw standard tools and have updated the daten files to v42) Any guidance on solving this problem?

error in cabd! look at cabi.err and error.log!

COAPI-2041:wrong ecu coding index
A_CIC: CODIERINDEX = 1ah
Old 02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

This means that you don't have the daten file that was programmed into your CIC. e.g. An E90 file was programmed into your CIC but you are trying to code using the E60 chassis that doesn't have that version. Or your CIC was flashed with a higher version than the daten files in your coding directories.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 550i SMG, HUD, Cold Weather/Sport Package, Mtech front bumper, Oem M5 rear bumper, V1 Concealed, RPI Scoop, 6000K HID both Fog and Headlight, M5 mirrors, LED interior lighting, M5 SMG Shift Knob, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust Quad Pipe, 30% Tint, Sprint B
Model Year: 2007

Is there a method to check to see if the e90 module was programmed into the cic with loading the e90 daten files.
Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
This means that you don't have the daten file that was programmed into your CIC. e.g. An E90 file was programmed into your CIC but you are trying to code using the E60 chassis that doesn't have that version. Or your CIC was flashed with a higher version than the daten files in your coding directories.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White M5

Well thanks for the help everyone, finally got NCS Expert up and running. Have coded a few fun things into my car.

Only trouble I'm still having is when I try to read the LMA or KGM modules. Both give me an error. In the error log, it points to a file that is present in the daten folder. Any reason why this is happening with just these 2 modules?

John
Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Contributors

Similar to Bruce's response above, I would suggest updating the daten files, could be they are on higher versions then your current files.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Members

Can anyone tell me which acronym is for the "tractor" module? I've looked on the list of modules but couldn't find it. I want to do the following...

[Entry aid steering wheel height adjustment de-/activate]

Control unit: tractor

EINSTIEGSHILFE_HOEHE
active -> nicht_aktiv
Old 02-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by forlooks
Can anyone tell me which acronym is for the "tractor" module? I've looked on the list of modules but couldn't find it. I want to do the following...

[Entry aid steering wheel height adjustment de-/activate]

Control unit: tractor

EINSTIEGSHILFE_HOEHE
active -> nicht_aktiv
it is in kombi
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
it is in kombi
its not in there.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by forlooks
its not in there.
never mind, i found it.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jay77
Similar to Bruce's response above, I would suggest updating the daten files, could be they are on higher versions then your current files.
I've probably got the same problem here, I have recieved my cable last week and coded the indicator's light in HUD and can read al sorts of modules, but I'm unable to read the LMA2 which I desperately want to code because I've got LED rear bulbs and want to mount HID in AE. With coding I would be able to stop the dimming of the AE.

Any idea how to find newer "daten" files?

Quick Reply: Car Coding