DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone tell me, the frequency of the side blinkers can be modified somehow, with some coding?
I correctly deduced that the blinker founds itself in the Instrument Cluster?
I want to modify it to blink slowly.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i wanted to post this here as well....in case any of the coding gurus could possibly chime in...

just installed a CIC system in my Feb 04 build 545i....

right now im only trying to get sound working...all the other stuff is secondary right now. here is where im stuck...

i cannot add the option code $6VA to my VO...when i try to add it to the CAS or LMA i get an invalid code error. so my initial thought is to update my vehicle build date to say #0909 or something like that then attempt to add the option code $6VA....but each time i try to add the #0909 or even an older date of #0907....it wont stick in the CAS or the LMA....my original date of #1203 just pops right back in after i hit 'ok'.

...is this because i need updated DATEN files? If so, does anyone have them?

to my understanding i need to perform the following to get my audio to work (Logic7):
  • Change vehicle build date to #0909
  • Add option $6VA to my CAS and LMA so i can start coding the CIC
  • Once the CIC is recognized as a module, i can then begin to code it (right?)
  • Write a blank .man file to the CIC which should somehow allow my CIC to bring in the proper option codes (ie Logic7 audio and finally giving me sound)
i need help here....either free or paid. if free post the answer here or PM....if paid send me a quote via a PM or email me at umichchris (at) gmail dot com

thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Are you using V61 files with EDIABAS 7.2.

And a stupid question, what profile are you using and are you changing the job to FA_Write?

Only other thing my semi-limited coding knowledge can dredge up is does your cable have Pin 8?

Every error I've ever had was solved within all I just mentioned.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by Sublime
Are you using V61 files with EDIABAS 7.2.
Goodness are we up to that already. I've just finished downloading V42.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Goodness are we up to that already. I've just finished downloading V42.

LOL. V41.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

what about this ,, sounds really interesting ,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-CAN-BUS...ht_5531wt_1008
Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST

i had to give up and pay for help

i do however plan to dump my existing files and start fresh with the latest stuff. for some reason my coding of my KOMBI isnt sticking now either. stuff like digital speedo and speedo healer are coding in fine....but then the features arent present once i start the car....i do a read of the fsw file and they are gone. i tried expertmode and another profile i created personally. still no haps.

can you guys shoot out a link to the latest files so i can start fresh? i think the latest NCS is V3.1 right? im using that but perhaps my other programs need to be updated too....i only updated my NCS files when i went from V3.0.8 to V3.1
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any idea what code needs changing to allow the kerb tilt mirror to be adjusted?
When in reverse the mirror tilts the floor. With the mirror switch to the drivers side, adjust the mirror, the drivers mirror adjusts. If I select to the passanger mirror, the mirror returns up to its normal position.
I did change this on my E3 but I dont know what module or code to change on an E60 LCI late 2007?
Old 09-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by the_big_1
Anyone have any idea what code needs changing to allow the kerb tilt mirror to be adjusted?
When in reverse the mirror tilts the floor. With the mirror switch to the drivers side, adjust the mirror, the drivers mirror adjusts. If I select to the passanger mirror, the mirror returns up to its normal position.
I did change this on my E3 but I dont know what module or code to change on an E60 LCI late 2007?
Easy if you an LCI, read a trace for the KGM module and set ASP_BORDSTEIN to aktiv. It will only work if you have SA430 ext: mirrors dimming / folding.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've coded the digital speed on my BC. Is there something else that can be activated to be displayed in BC?
Something like engine temp, oil temp, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AruuND_z2tg&feature=player_embedded

Quick Reply: Car Coding