DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by madein
I didn't know it is possible, I'll try later and let you know. I have played with mview on hud, and activated so many things, like smg gearbox....., and this is probably why the CAPPL is giving me all the errors. I'll post it later on today
just to make it correct, M-view in HUD is not what is my concern, it is M-drive menu which I activated, when I tried the M-view on HUD, and I'm sure, it is not possible to deactivated without NCS.
I'm just going to check the message from the NCS, should be here within 30 minutes
Old 03-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

There is the actual fault taken from the car now:

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHCheckIdent, LineNr: 03, ErrorNr: 2041
COAPI-2041: Falscher SG-Codierindex
A_E60CCC: CODIERINDEX = 0Ch
CCC_APP.C04: CODIERINDEX = 04

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2041
CODIERDATEN_LESEN

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHCheckIdent, LineNr: 03, ErrorNr: 2041
COAPI-2041: Falscher SG-Codierindex
A_E60CCC: CODIERINDEX = 0Ch
CCC_APP.C04: CODIERINDEX = 04

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2041
CODIERDATEN_LESEN
Old 03-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Members

Your Files for NCS to old
Old 03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jakober
Are you sure? Why I can access different units? What is the latest version?

thx
Old 03-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jakober

thanks a lot, I have found different version (3.1) and it works. Perfect.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Jakober... you the guy that got cornering fog lights to work?
Old 03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Yeah seems to be ... I thought I saw that name somewhere too!

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Jakober... you the guy that got cornering fog lights to work?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Sorry this is isn't really E60 related... but I just tried using INPA/NCS on a 2001 E39, and a 2004 E46, and neither of them would read any module in INPA, and nothing in NCS either. E60 works fine for both programs... Any ideas anyone?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

Guys, I have two questions, I hope you can help me with these. My mechanic is coding my car with NCS and he is rather experienced with it. However, he has problems with the following:

1. He can not access the steering wheel module (in order to turn off the AM function of the "next entertainment" steering wheel button).
He can access any other module of the car, just not the steering wheel module. He can see it, but not change it.
My car was built in Sep 2004, and its software was upgraded in Oct 2009 at a BMW dealer. My car software was apparently version "04" of NCS and was upgraded to version "0C" of NCS. My mechanic uses the NCS version "0C" but still can not access the steering wheel module - when trying to program it, it says something like "version not compatible", when in fact it should be the same version!

What is wrong? How can we access the module?

2. He can not find a "cold/warm check" (=Kalt/Warmabfrage) for the Angel Eyes.
We want to turn the check function off, so that the LEDs don't strobe.
He finds all other "Kalt/Warmabfrage" functions - for tail lights, indicators, fog lights, rear parking lights, number plate lights, JUST NOT for the Angel Eyes!?!

Is there such a function and where can he find it?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

1. Not sure why looking into steering wheel module the audio stuff is either in CAPPL (for Navi equipped car) module or MASK (for non-Navi) module.

2. The parking light is SL_V_R & SL_V_L inside LMA module so in your case since it's 2004 model it'll be using LM1, try to look for the following function:

Code:
-AE cold/warm check:
KALTUEBERW_SL_V_L
KALTUEBERW_SL_V_R
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_L
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_R
I'm lost as far as about the error you mentioned in your #1 ... sorry I've no idea what you're sayin.

GL!
Originally Posted by mmitev
Guys, I have two questions, I hope you can help me with these. My mechanic is coding my car with NCS and he is rather experienced with it. However, he has problems with the following:

1. He can not access the steering wheel module (in order to turn off the AM function of the "next entertainment" steering wheel button).
He can access any other module of the car, just not the steering wheel module. He can see it, but not change it.
My car was built in Sep 2004, and its software was upgraded in Oct 2009 at a BMW dealer. My car software was apparently version "04" of NCS and was upgraded to version "0C" of NCS. My mechanic uses the NCS version "0C" but still can not access the steering wheel module - when trying to program it, it says something like "version not compatible", when in fact it should be the same version!

What is wrong? How can we access the module?

2. He can not find a "cold/warm check" (=Kalt/Warmabfrage) for the Angel Eyes.
We want to turn the check function off, so that the LEDs don't strobe.
He finds all other "Kalt/Warmabfrage" functions - for tail lights, indicators, fog lights, rear parking lights, number plate lights, JUST NOT for the Angel Eyes!?!

Is there such a function and where can he find it?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Car Coding