DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

double hazard light is nice ,, keep us update if you found it ..
Old 02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

It seems I did something to make my cornering lights stop working. I don't know when they stopped for sure but I am guessing it was after I added my IBOC (HD Radio) module to the VO.

I checked and recoded CAPPL and LMA. When I get it working and I know something specific that fixes it I will post it up here - it might help those of you that can't get the cornering lights to work when it seems they should be.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Ehssan
double hazard light is nice ,, keep us update if you found it ..
I have found this, and have emailed NoQuarter the code to test it out. I seem to have a defective file that's preventing me from coding that part of my LMA module, so waiting to get the files from NoQuarter. Blood sent me a copy of his, but turns out that I have that same file already
Old 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I have found this, and have emailed NoQuarter the code to test it out. I seem to have a defective file that's preventing me from coding that part of my LMA module, so waiting to get the files from NoQuarter. Blood sent me a copy of his, but turns out that I have that same file already

Getting on it now - give me a couple mins.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

I have the Auto Light Sensitivity seeting displayed in the iDrive Screen - Like Andy545 showed way back.

[Light sensor sensitivity settings menu in the iDrive]

Control unit: Cappl

RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR
nicht_aktiv -> active
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_EMPFIN
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_NORMAL
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_SEHR_E
par_gesperrt -> par_frei

and vehicle application by:

FLCN + = normal threshold
+ FLCS = threshold very sensitive

Any ideas on what this part of the notes means (in red)?

And, anyone get the sensitivity menu to actually do anything? I can change it from the default setting of Sensitive but it switches back.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Yes, I was wondering about this as well. I actually activated that menu a few days ago, but like NoQuarter said, it does not allow you to change it to anything and stays on Normal.

Also, just an update regarding my inability to program my LMA correctly. It seems that when I modify the entry for double hazard light, I get a coding error involving LM_60.C0E. However, I have found that I can use the Expert profile and Fister profile and actually have the coding finish. The only thing is though, that nothing actually changes and gets coded
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Getting on it now - give me a couple mins.
you guys have LM2 or LM1 ?

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I have the Auto Light Sensitivity seeting displayed in the iDrive Screen - Like Andy545 showed way back.

[Light sensor sensitivity settings menu in the iDrive]

Control unit: Cappl

RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR
nicht_aktiv -> active
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_EMPFIN
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_NORMAL
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_SEHR_E
par_gesperrt -> par_frei

and vehicle application by:

FLCN + = normal threshold
+ FLCS = threshold very sensitive

Any ideas on what this part of the notes means (in red)?

And, anyone get the sensitivity menu to actually do anything? I can change it from the default setting of Sensitive but it switches back.
I've tried working on it few days back ,, i didn't understand what that means in RED too ,
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

From what I can find out the light sensitivity setting is tied to the key memory because it can be changed in the car/key memory settings in progman.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
From what I can find out the light sensitivity setting is tied to the key memory because it can be changed in the car/key memory settings in progman.
I've seen the option in the program long time back when I did my auto mirror folding ,, and that's why few days back I've ask and posted a screen shot of the car key memory options in NCS ,, and you said nothing is important ,,
Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I've seen the option in the program long time back when I did my auto mirror folding ,, and that's why few days back I've ask and posted a screen shot of the car key memory options in NCS ,, and you said nothing is important ,,
It doesn't show NCS`s car/key memory settings only in Progman.

Quick Reply: Car Coding