DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
It seems I did something to make my cornering lights stop working. I don't know when they stopped for sure but I am guessing it was after I added my IBOC (HD Radio) module to the VO.

I checked and recoded CAPPL and LMA. When I get it working and I know something specific that fixes it I will post it up here - it might help those of you that can't get the cornering lights to work when it seems they should be.
Standing by on this one.

I have the Auto Light Sensitivity seeting displayed in the iDrive Screen - Like Andy545 showed way back.

[Light sensor sensitivity settings menu in the iDrive]

Control unit: Cappl

RAIN_LIGHT_SENSOR
nicht_aktiv -> active
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_EMPFIN
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_NORMAL
par_gesperrt -> par_frei
C750A_SCHWELLWERT_SEHR_E
par_gesperrt -> par_frei

and vehicle application by:

FLCN + = normal threshold
+ FLCS = threshold very sensitive

Any ideas on what this part of the notes means (in red)?

And, anyone get the sensitivity menu to actually do anything? I can change it from the default setting of Sensitive but it switches back.
OK - I tried this and couldn't get the idrive menu to do anything but stay on sensitive. When I first bought the car I asked the service department if they could change the light sensor to a more sensitive setting as the lights took their time to come on at dusk. They did it while I waited which confirms it's connected to the car key memory. Another thing that confirms this is the fact that after my LCI headlight and LM2 retrofit the sensitivity still functions in the same way as before.

Now with regards to the text in red : I figured these need to be added to the VO. It's not an option so you don't use $ - it's a service code so a + must be preceeded before the code. So "+FLCS" I can only assume the FLCN+ is a typo as from what I understand you need a + at the beginning - hopefully someone can confirm this. So the VO would look like this

E60_#0904&LCSW%0475*NB31$1CA$205$216$226$248$255$3 00$302$319$320$403$415$416$430$431$438$441$456$465 $494$502$508$522$524$534$540$548$563$590$609$610$6 20$644$677$698$785$853$863$877$880$915-B110+IPOD+KMP3+MUEB+FLCS

...at the end you see the service codes: Battery 110Ah (don't know why this is preceeded by a - ) then ipod retrofit, mp3 in dash cd, LCI lights retrofit and lastly the light sensitivity element.

In INPA you can create a list with a legend of all options and codes. I found this by luck when I was playing around:

E60AT.000.txt

Anyway, when I tried to add +FLCN (normal) the FA_WRITE coding would error out - sensitive part was OK. At the end I've took the option out and disabled the light rain sensor menu pending further investigation. I'm guessing the values in the LMA are connected somehow as well.
Would look forward if anyone has better luck than me - especially adding the FLCN element in their VO list and ascertaining if the car key memory is connected and how.

Lastly, what's double hazard light ?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

My test plans for the weekend:

1) Double Hazard Light (I think this is a series of quick double flashes)
2) Rain light sensor stuff
3) Key in ignition gong
4) Sport Auto Transmission retrofit (sans paddle shifters)

Or go to the Chicago auto show!

5) For another member: IPOD retrofit and spec dock

HELP: For the IPOD retrofit, Is the process only what Andy just showed with VO?
1) Change the VO to include +IPOD+KMP3 and recode?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

3) Key in ignition gong

What is the codes for the double hazard light ?

regarding Ipod , I did it for a freind the other day ,,added +KMP3 to the VO , recode , then in CCAPL the MP3 was "full" by default ..
Old 02-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Ehssan
What is the codes for the double hazard light ?

regarding Ipod , I did it for a freind the other day ,,added +KMP3 to the VO , recode , then in CCAPL the MP3 was "full" by default ..

Just to be clear... you added +IPOD also?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 AM
Contributors

Just to be clear... you added +IPOD also?
I didn't add +IPOD because even in my car i don't have +IPOD and I have the Ipod interface installed and working as it should be ,
Old 02-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Andy545 :sounds like the guys who knows the codes for double hazard light have decided not to share it with us
Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

3) Key in ignition gong

Is mp3 and ipod connected ? I had mp3 enabled so my dash CD would play mp3's way before I had ipod retrofitted. Anyway, they could be connected so just add/enable both.
So add

+IPOD+KMP3 in the VO

and make CAPPL

ccc mp3 --> full
Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Lol, no, I just got into my office, not early like you early birds.

I believe I am the first to know what the double hazard light is, at least on the E60 side. A month ago I had contacted a member that knew on E90, but the guy wouldn't tell me.

Anyway, this is in LMA.

BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK

default value is wert_01, change it to wert_04. 02 doesn't seem to do anything, and 03 will make it blink super rapidly. If anyone else can confirm this, that would be great. I am having trouble verifying on my vehicle due to the error I have stated above. Driving me crazy actually.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

I believe I am the first to know what the double hazard light is, at least on the E60 side. A month ago I had contacted a member that knew on E90, but the guy wouldn't tell me.

Anyway, this is in LMA.

BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK

default value is wert_01, change it to wert_04. 02 doesn't seem to do anything, and 03 will make it blink super rapidly. If anyone else can confirm this, that would be great. I am having trouble verifying on my vehicle due to the error I have stated above. Driving me crazy actually.

loool ,, don't forget the time difference between me and you guys ( Dubai is +4 GMT ) .. anyway it's already 9:36PM now so will try it tomorrow morning before work and update you ...

I also read that post on the e90forum but that guy was offering it for some money to the ppl in his city ... so I didn't even bother myself asking him .. but thanks dude for sharing ...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

Anyway, this is in LMA.

BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK

UPDATE: I've checked my LMA2 trc file through NCS Dummy , BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK has only one value " wert_01 " so I'm sure if I change to anything else will get error while coding ,, but I've noticed something in the same file called BLK_TIMER_STAND and it has 2 values wert_01 / 02 ,, not sure if it does any changes ... maybe I will try it tomorrow ..

Quick Reply: Car Coding