DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by neoe60
Video input function would be cool. I have HDMI output on my Android phone and it would be sweet to be able to see the Google Nav App in the car's main display.

I'm not sure what those terms mean, I'm going to have to find some beginner/noob posts about coding. I'm sure I'll refer back to this once I get a better understanding of the foundation of all this coding stuff!

Here is the list of FA:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=1

Sample $610 is S610A it means Head Up Display is installed.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by andy545
Excellent. Looks like I've got some installing ahead of me...

hang on - I just realised you have prelci headlights with LM2 - right ? then you won't have the right setup for DRL and cornering light like NoQuarter mentions.
Yes exactly ,, the cornering is not as good as in the LCI headlights as you said guys , but at least it does something other than just being a high beam ,

welcome lights works perfectly ,, I have now the eyebrow - angel eyes - rear fog light and the number plate on , I will play with the other WL options to cancel the fog light - number plate and have the LCI tailight bars on ,,, great stuff guys ,,, appreciate your continues support ...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by miguex
Here is the list of FA:

http://www.bimmerfes...505&postcount=1

Sample $610 is S610A it means Head Up Display is installed.
Cool, thanks Miguex! What OS will the software run on? I have Win7 64bit, but heard that it won't run on that.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by neoe60
Cool, thanks Miguex! What OS will the software run on? I have Win7 64bit, but heard that it won't run on that.
Win XP Sp 3 32 bits

win 7 64 bits won't work but 32 bits yes.
maybe you need to reinstall the OS to XP or Win7 32.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Yes exactly ,, the cornering is not as good as in the LCI headlights as you said guys , but at least it does something other than just being a high beam ,

welcome lights works perfectly ,, I have now the eyebrow - angel eyes - rear fog light and the number plate on , I will play with the other WL options to cancel the fog light - number plate and have the LCI tailight bars on ,,, great stuff guys ,,, appreciate your continues support ...
Can you explain to me exactly how you were able to get your angel eyes as DRL, been difficult sorting this one out, thanx Matrix
Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Matrix76
Can you explain to me exactly how you were able to get your angel eyes as DRL, been difficult sorting this one out, thanx Matrix
Actually I have them as welcome light dude ,, for the preLCI we can't have angel eyes as drl as the other guys said ,,

but I was thinking if I can have the front indicators as DRL like US version , then we can manually link the angel eyes to it with a little wiring job .. , will have to look at it soon ..
Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Members

Actually I have them as welcome light dude ,, for the preLCI we can't have angel eyes as drl as the other guys said ,,

but I was thinking if I can have the front indicators as DRL like US version , then we can manually link the angel eyes to it with a little wiring job .. , will have to look at it soon ..

You mean with one of these, , http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/p590...duct_info.html
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Contributors

I wish DRL_V_GEDIMMT had an additional "wert_x" specially for AE.

there are only 3 values (nicht_aktiv = none, wert_01 = indicators & wert_02* = beams *is default for Canadian version)

I believe there is theoretically possible to add AE as DRL on pre-lci. We need to figure out how to add a new value or find a hidden command that links to activate AE. If you put lights to position 1 you have AE on... why not to position 0 that is usually DRL. Only BMW engineers know how and they don't want to share...

I was told that in a German forum, they successfully did on an e65 with AE as DRL.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Members

I personally have an 09 LCI, I hope that this issue can be solved for both the pre-LCI and the LCI models.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

trying to decode all my modules, anyone know the blank ones and confirm the "?" ones

ALC = adaptive headlight control unit
AMPT = hifi amp logic7
BFS =
CAPPL=
CAS = car access system
CAUDI=
CGATE
CHOST=
CID = central information display
CTUM =
DSC = dynamic stability control
DWAI = anti theft alarm system?